Celeb Spotting 🐐

Spotted Flano in my office.

Greene is a celebrity but Donaghy isn’t

Spotted Ruairi Quinn and Joe O’Shea over the last few days. Quinn at Sydney Parade Dart station while I was desperately trying to find the astro pitch and O’Shea on Grafton Street while waiting for Clarkey which was actually the same night we saw Donaghy

farmerinthecity wrote:

O’Shea on Grafton Street while waiting for Clarkey which was actually the same night we saw Donaghy

Clarkey hangs around with Joe O’Shea? :dizzy:

I had one there half an hour ago at about 6pm. I strolled in to Donnybrook Fair on Upper Baggot Street and started perusing the Sunday newspaper headlines.

There was a rather scruffy looking gentleman already doing similar to my left and I looked over at him as he was making loud grunting noises as he leaned down to pick up a copy of The Sunday Times.

It was then that I realised it was comedian, Dylan Moran. He was unshaven and was wearing a long duffel coat, jeans and had a strappy man bag with him. He was zoned out of it and was either absolutely pissed or off his head.

I got myself a mint crisp and as I strolled back past him on my way out I said, ‘Heya Dylan’. He turned around and went, ‘Hi.’

Dylan Moran! Best spot ever.

Bandage wrote:

farmerinthecity wrote:

[quote]O’Shea on Grafton Street while waiting for Clarkey which was actually the same night we saw Donaghy

Clarkey hangs around with Joe O’Shea? :dizzy:

I had one there half an hour ago at about 6pm. I strolled in to Donnybrook Fair on Upper Baggot Street and started perusing the Sunday newspaper headlines.

There was a rather scruffy looking gentleman already doing similar to my left and I looked over at him as he was making loud grunting noises as he leaned down to pick up a copy of The Sunday Times.

It was then that I realised it was comedian, Dylan Moran. He was unshaven and was wearing a long duffel coat, jeans and had a strappy man bag with him. He was zoned out of it and was either absolutely pissed or off his head.

I got myself a mint crisp and as I strolled back past him on my way out I said, ‘Heya Dylan’. He turned around and went, ‘Hi.’[/quote]

That’s some spot. Was his hi genuine or a get away from me hi?

larryduff wrote:

[b]That’s some spot. Was his hi genuine or a get away from me hi?

It was very much a ‘turn around with eyes glazed over and almost about to collapse’ hi. He looked in absolute bits.

He has appeared on stage drunk at times but I thought that may have been part of his act. I have seen two videos of him. In the first he is drinking and it is hilarious while in the second he is sober and it is disappointing. Glad to read he is back on the booze so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLCLo6-SI9E

Friday 12th October - Abbey Theatre. 19:20

Former Minister for Justice and Fine Gael TD Nora Owen in the lobby of the theatre before attending Playboy of the Western World. Nora was wearing a cream suit (trousers, not skirt I think) and hasn’t aged much in her time away from the public limelight. Stood next to her at the bar during the interval when she ordered two sparkling waters - one for herself and one for a male companion. Having waited 3 or 4 minutes for the water Nora grew restless and placed a second order for the same drinks with another member of the bar staff. Unfortunately the first barman returned with two bottles of water soon afterwards but Nora was able to stop the second guy from opening the bottles just in time and so the transaction for just two bottles was safe. As an aside there were plenty of mistakes with drinks orders at the interval and Nora’s impatience and steps to secure a beverage were reasonable to this eye witness.

Saturday 13th October 2007 - Deer Park Hotel and Golf Club, Howth, Co. Fingal. 15:25

Ireland soccer manager Steve “Stan” Staunton. Steve was wearing a navy Ireland tracksuit manufactured by Umbro. He was walking down the tree lined avenue from the hotel/golf clubhouse back down towards Howth village. There was another gentleman with him but I didn’t spot who it was. Seemed a very strange place to see Stan four hours before an international game. If I didn’t know better I’d guess he was walking back towards Howth to get a DART because it wasn’t really very clear where he was off to. I could understand a round of golf but it seemed a bit late in the afternoon to be finishing with this evening’s match. Also, if that was the case why didn’t he just drive or get a lift from the clubhouse? Thankfully forum member Juhniallio, travelling in a separate vehicle but in close proximity, was able to confirm the spot immediately once we came to a halt. Otherwise I’d be doubting my eyesight.

A couple over the past couple of days:

1. Yesterday at 12.30pm, I was strolling into town for my emergency luncheon meeting with ClarkeyCat when I noticed Joe Duffy was walking in the direction of town a few paces in front of me. He was accompanied by a female (possibly from Clontarf?) and he was wearing a black trousers and a rather garish orange shirt. I stayed walking behind them from outside The Shelbourne Hotel up along towards Grafton Street and just at the junction of Dawson Street his mobile rang and he said, ‘Sorry I missed you earlier, I was on another call and I’m already late for this meeting.’ Then I departed down towards Cafe Insane and I lost sighting of Joe. Now that I think about it, the person may well have been that You’re A Star judge, Bill Hughes, rather than Joe. They are the spit of each other.

This morning at 9am at the junction of Baggot Street and Haddington Road I spotted Irish cricket captain, Trent Johnston. I was waiting at the pedestrian crossing and a guy was approaching on a bicycle. As he got closer I realised it was the great TJ. He was wearing a black beanie hat, a fleece and black tracksuit bottoms. He sped through the junction onto Mespill Road in the direction of Leeson Street and I continued on my way to work.

Tuesday 16th October, Radisson SAS Dublin Airport Hotel, 9.50.

Disgraced Irish rugby team coach, Eddie O’Sullivan heading into a meeting in a room marked IRFU National Management, possibly to be awarded a seven hundred year contract.

EOS, as he’s known to regular rugby posters, was wearing a purple and grey striped t-shirt with medium-fade blue jeans and carrying what appeared to be a very heavy laptop bag.

Eddie, as he’s probably known to his friends, seemed to be momentarily phased by the lobby-inhabiting presence of RTE rugby anchor Tom McGurk, who happened to be chairing the National Disability Authority’s inaugaral conference on Universal Design in the room next door.

Fucking dickhead, as he’s now known to the general public, and Tom did not exhange words.

Incidentally, the impaired mobility caused by the carrying of weighty bags which render a person circumstantially disabled, is greatly alleviated by the uniform gradient design of the built environment in the Radisson.

So kudos to them.

the aforementioned Don Wycherley aka Raymond Lawlor of Bachelors Walk, and star of Father Ted, Ballykissangel, the Running Mate, Garage and radio ads, in popular Bachelors Walk hotspot Steps of Rome on Chatham Street, at about 3.30 pm this Saturday afternoon.

Raymond as he’s forever known to myself and Flano was dressed rather shabbiliy wearing a beret, a week’s beard growth, faded denim jacket, and horrendous navy Nike cotton tracksuit bottoms with white/luminous green/black Nike skater type trainers. He ordered two slices of pizza to take away that seemed to be for the two or three kids with him. He seemd rather restless and crabby, as if he was perhaps a hungover divorcee and not in the humour of being stuck with the kids. However, I wouldn’t like to speculate on his marital status.

I wonder does he actually live in Bachelors Walk? Maybe that show was a documentary and not a series. Was he really wearing a beret?

He was, a grey one.

I presume he lives near enough, as I wouldn’t expect anyone to venture far from home dressed like that.

he was carrying a Super Valu plastic bag aswell :grin:

The thespians’ equivalent of going out for a carton of milk in slippers and pyjamas perhaps.

He lives in Clontarf as far as I know.

Good oul Raymond. Whats he doing with himself now? (apart from shagging Allison)

“Birds. If you can’t treat them like urinals, there’s no point in living.”

I don’t get that many spots so Saturday night was a cracking night for me:

Date: Saturday, 20 October 11.55pm
Place: Krystle
Person: Celebrity restaurantuer Marcus Sweeney, better known as Katie French’s former other half. Saw him entering Krystle as I exited. He looked very tanned as far as I can remember.

Date: Sunday, 21 October 12.15am
Place: Renards
Person: Model Roberta Rawat hanging around the edge of the dance floor with a friend. I was surprised by how short she was. A few moments after I first noticed her I caught her checking me out, we exchanged glances, both saying to ourselves “I would”.

*Today in Royal Dublin golf club was none other than Ireland’s newest managerial candidate Chippy Brady. Fresh from last night’s televised hat toss, Liam mixed freely with other members who freely supposed he “might need his fucking head examined” if he actually wanted the job. Liam was collecting his clubs before heading off to play at the castle course.

*actual spot by big dog

Who is big dog?

Mrs Rock saw Gabriel Byrne on Nassau Street yesterday. Details are still sketchy at this stage but I’ve been promised a better description.

Big dog is Pater Famillius of the juhniallio clan