Celeb Spotting 🐐

Would Juhniallio having a shave and spotting himself in the mirror count as a spot under the celeb spotting rules?

This has been bugging me since his earlier post about Chippy.

Bandage wrote:

Would Juhniallio having a shave and spotting himself in the mirror count as a spot under the celeb spotting rules?

This has been bugging me since his earlier post about Chippy.

I was thinking about myself. :w00t:

Gabriel Byrne spotted on Baggot St. at 16:05 today.

Gabriel was wearing designer black sunglasses, a green combat type jacket, blue jeans and black shoes.

Gabriel’s right arm was hanging normally by his side as he walked. However, his left arm was a mystery…

It looked like, from the bulge in the front of his green combat type jacket, that his left arm was in a sling. However, the left jacketsleeve of his green combat type jacket was not empty yet his left hand was not visible at bottom of said left jacketsleeve.

It’s a mystery!!!

Was Gabriel:
[]Packing Heat?
[
]After shoplifting from the nearby Tesco’s?
[]Pregnant?
[
]Something else?

He did look shifty at the time.

WhyOhWhy wrote:

Gabriel Byrne spotted on Baggot St. at 16:05 today.

Gabriel was wearing designer black sunglasses, a green combat type jacket, blue jeans and black shoes.

Gabriel’s right arm was hanging normally by his side as he walked. However, his left arm was a mystery…

It looked like, from the bulge in the front of his green combat type jacket, that his left arm was in a sling. However, the left jacketsleeve of his green combat type jacket was not empty yet his left hand was not visible at bottom of said left jacketsleeve.

It’s a mystery!!!

Was Gabriel:
[]Packing Heat?
[
]After shoplifting from the nearby Tesco’s?
[]Pregnant?
[
]Something else?

He did look shifty at the time.

I heard from another source GAYbriel might be up the duff. Supposedly it’s Stuart Townsend’s.

Juhniallio wrote:

I heard from another source GAYbriel might be up the duff. Supposedly it’s Stuart Townsend’s.

I think I know what you’re saying here.

Gabriel Byrne or Charlize Theron?

That’s a toughie for me anyway.

Two Gabriel Byrne spots in two days. If this keeps up we might need a Gabriel Byrne Spotting Thread.

I’ll check with Mrs Rock later but from her brief description of the incident Mr Byrne did not appear to be pregnant (or at least Mrs Rock didn’t think it was significant enough to mention if he is indeed up the duff).

My oul lad works on Merrion Square and sees Gabirel in that next of the woods now and again, obviously has a gaff there or else does some kind of work there.

In other news, Sledgehammer and his friend the Cat were partying with Coventry indie rockers the Enemy after their Ambassador show on Tuesday night. I know what you’re all thinking, “snorting coke off the naked bodies of random groupies, proper rock ‘n’ roll decadence”. Nothing of the sort unfortunately, playing pool in the Palace was as rock ‘n’ roll as it got, as the boys’ tourbus was off to Belfast at 2am. Where did all go wrong? http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

Were The Enemy lads tall enough to reach the pool table? :grin:

Strolling home from work yesterday evening just after 6pm when I saw Colm O’Maonla (think that’s his name anyway) on Upper Baggot Street. He was walking in the direction of town and was carrying a bag of groceries. I guess he was in Tesco’s there beside The Waterloo pub as I’ve seen him in there before. In case you don’t know him he’s an actor who played Tom the fireman (RIP) in Eastenders and he was the undercover cop, Rory, who dated Carol in Fair City and ended up killing her son. He was wearing jeans and a brown jacket.

Bernard Dunne was in Coppers last night. Someone, eh :dizzy: , told me :grin:

Had what I thought was a funny celeb spotting incident at lunchtime related to Colm O’Maonla, who I also spotted yesterday (see above). Anyway I was strolling down Baggot Street on the way to meet the bhoy and cesc4 for lunch and it was in the area between Bank of Ireland HQ and Baggot Street Bridge where the incident occurred. As I was walking along I noticed Colm O’Maonla / Tom from Eastenders / Rory from Fair City / The lad From The Real Butter Ad On Telly walking towards me, just like yesterday.

He was listening to an ipod (it looked like one of the older versions with the big, thick white coloured ear phones) and as I got closer to him I realised he was whistling very, very loudly as he listened to his music. So I imititated him as we passed, making a whistling motion with my lips and bopping my head. He looked at me and laughed and then I laughed too. I think we bonded.

He was wearing blue jeans, a black top and and a pair of trendy half trainers-half shoes type footwear. I also noticed he had a small black rucksack on his back. He was very tanned and really is a handsome devil. I could well understand how Sharon Watts fell for him.

Date: Tuesday, 6th November.
Time: 5.15pm.
Venue: O’Neill’s Pub, Queen Street, Glasgow.
Person: Current Wexford senior hurler and former Bohemians soccer player, Eoin Quigley.

I bumped into Eoin yesterday who was also over for the game. He was wearing a green polo shirt and blue jeans and follows on from my spot of Sligo football 'keeper, Philip Greene, on my last trip over.

Also for any Russian forum members: Vladimir, renowned sports correspondent with Russia Today television channel (www.russiatoday.ru) was spotted in Euro Hostel, Clyde Street, Glasgow at approximately 3.15pm also on Tuesday 6th November.

Vladimir was over to cover the Aberdeen v Lokomotiv Moscow game and had arrived a few days early to give him a chance to take in the Edinburgh derby. He’s a Hibs fan apparently, partly due to the Garry O’Connor connection. Nice lad but a bit overly friendly.

therock67 wrote:

Also for any Russian forum members: Vladimir, renowned sports correspondent with Russia Today television channel (www.russiatoday.ru) was spotted in Euro Hostel, Clyde Street, Glasgow at approximately 3.15pm also on Tuesday 6th November.

Vladimir was over to cover the Aberdeen v Lokomotiv Moscow game and had arrived a few days early to give him a chance to take in the Edinburgh derby. He’s a Hibs fan apparently, partly due to the Garry O’Connor connection. Nice lad but a bit overly friendly.

I’d go along with that. Is a formal introduction and shaking of hands necessary in a hostel situation? Nice lad nonetheless though. As most of you will probably be aware, Russia Today is a Putin propoganda tool and our pal Vlad himself admitted that he doesn’t even watch the channel. Seemed slightly odd to have a TV reporter staying in a hostel and the absence of any tv crew or camera equipment raised my suspicions also.

I was walking down Baggot Street at 12.35pm today when I spotted Denis Hickie strolling into Bank of Ireland HQ. He was carrying one of those black leather folders that people often bring to business meetings. I couldn’t help but speculate offline with a few people whether Denis was meeting with the bank to discuss investment and pension options what with him having recently retired from professional rugby. He was dressed quite casually with him sporting blue jeans and one of those green, army style jackets. He has nearly completely lost his hair.

Dublin footballer (and former Dublin hurler) Shane Ryan at Omniplex in Santry. Shane was standing outside the screen where American Gangster had just been shown (Rocko’s rating: 5/10). Didn’t take too much heed of the dress code but it was smart enough. He was in the company of at least two other individuals (one male, one I didn’t notice) but they were probably waiting for other members of their party to emerge from the cinema.

therock67 wrote:

Dublin footballer (and former Dublin hurler) Shane Ryan at Omniplex in Santry. Shane was standing outside the screen where American Gangster had just been shown (Rocko’s rating: 5/10). Didn’t take too much heed of the dress code but it was smart enough. He was in the company of at least two other individuals (one male, one I didn’t notice) but they were probably waiting for other members of their party to emerge from the cinema.

He’s not a fooking Celeb

You only find American Gangster worthy of 5/10. I went to see it this morning, it was well worth 9/10 imo!

saturday 2.20pm baggot st - former irish international stephen carr. blue jeans, white runner shoes, dark brown tight leather type jacket, no neck. he was in the company of one of those “i’m really hard” type dublin knacks wearing a tight white t-shirt and no jacket despite the rather chilly outdoor conditions

BenShermin wrote:

You only find American Gangster worthy of 5/10. I went to see it this morning, it was well worth 9/10 imo!

Clichd, no character development, the cop may as well have been John McCain from Die Hard what with his honesty in his cop work interfering with his family life and everything. Feck all investigation of Vietnam/Thailand other than the source of the drugs. Passing reference to the ruination this had caused in the army without illustrating this at all. Don’t like Russeel Crowe and found him very annoying. Don’t mind Denzel Washington and he was alright but his character was supposed to be this reincarnation of Bumpy, not that we learned anything about Bumpy either.

5/10 because it’s watchable but I’m being generous there.