Celeb Spotting šŸ

I spotted the annoying piece of shit and apparent media commentator / reality show judge / puppet for Aonghus Fanning that is Brendan Oā€™Connor on Friday night / Saturday morning at 1.30am sitting on the steps outside a Leeson Street office next door to Leggs nightclub. I looked at him with disdain and moved on.

Thatā€™s fair enough Rocko, I love Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington myself. The movie did in my opinion highlight very well the effect drugs had on the black communities New York, and the greed of the drug dealers making a living off the suffering of others. As for the investigation of Vietnam/Thailand, I honestly didnā€™t go top the pictures to see that, and nor did I expect it from the movie. I went to the pictures on the critics advice of a movie filled with action and a gripping finale, and I got what I paid for.

Thatā€™s the great thing about the pictures, different strokes for different folks.

Sledgehammer was on his way to the departure gate for the Ryanair to Bristol on Saturday morning around 6am, and multi-millionaire property developer, restauranteur, and all-round sound geezer Mick Wallace was catching an early flight to Glasgow to see his beloved Azzuri. Captured for posterity. :cool:

Spotted well known funnyman and former Fr Ted star Kevin Gildea at the Merrion Inn on Sunday evening, at approximately 6.50. Sporting his trademark glasses and goatee beard, Gildea wore a pair of converse shoes, blue denims and an out of place dinner jacket.

Was Gildea not having Sunday evening dinner in the Merrion Inn though?

Hence the dinner jacket would appear to have been a sound enough choice.

Out of place in terms of the out fit he was wearing. And I did not see him having grub at any stage.

Golfer Darren Clarke in Marriott Hotel Enfield on Saturday last - 17th November. He was accompanied by two ordinary looking ladies and one bloke. He was dressed like a complete ponce - shiny fitted black suit, black tie pulled deliberately away from the collar and gelled down hair which appeared to be colour black. He also drank a black drink - namely Guinness.

Its funny I would have thought he would be fond of orange

After falling out of Coppers last night, and ironically getting kicked ā€œback inā€ by the bouncers for having gargle ouside, myself and Flano headed northbound towards the green. As we passed Chyrstal Nightclub who did we see, none other then Boyzone member and solo rap artist Shane Lynch. Flano and I resisted temptation to Lynch him!

I heard through the grapevine the legendary designer and philosopher Jo Flan was in The Flowing Tide last night :grin:

Fook I was locked but thatā€™s ringing a bell. Remind me.

therock67 wrote:

Fook I was locked but thatā€™s ringing a bell. Remind me.

You sure? The poor girl wants me to go into business with her and have our base of operations in China because we can get cheap labour. Im the money man :grin:

Before the astro match in Raheny tonight I had a little stroll around Sandymount just to greet some of the fans outside. Just around the corner from the arena I saw a certain Gordon Dā€™Arcy in a navy (presumably Leinster) tracksuit top. Dā€™Arcy was sitting in a BMW jeep so he was fairly elevated from my position and I couldnā€™t get a look at the trousers but Iā€™d guess it was the full Leinster gear. Odd choice of clothes for attending a TFK match but sure each to their own. He was texting so I didnā€™t disturb him.

therock67 wrote:

Before the astro match in Raheny tonight I had a little stroll around Sandymount just to greet some of the fans outside. Just around the corner from the arena I saw a certain Gordon Dā€™Arcy in a navy (presumably Leinster) tracksuit top. Dā€™Arcy was sitting in a BMW jeep so he was fairly elevated from my position and I couldnā€™t get a look at the trousers but Iā€™d guess it was the full Leinster gear. Odd choice of clothes for attending a TFK match but sure each to their own. He was texting so I didnā€™t disturb him.

No wonder we conceded 6 down in Sandymount with you legging it around an empty pitch up in Raheny.

Oh yeah Sandymount it was. I presume you sorted him out for tickets did ya?

Yeah, heā€™s a good pal of mine from Wexford games.

Former Minister for Agriculture, Finance and leader of Fine Gael Alan Dukes, walking up Duke Lane past Kehoesā€™s last evenbing around 8.30pm. Wearing brown shoes, navy trousers (perhaps as part of a suit) a grey mac and a rather fruity off white/cream scarf.

Dukes (62) was with a woman, presumably his wife and was carrying a bag from popular bookstore Hodges Figgis.

Joe Oā€™Shea, known as the guy who presents Grainne Seoigeā€™s show on RTE, strolling down Wiliam Street South on Friday last. He was casually dressed with a scarf over a blazer and jeans. It was odd as this reporter had only just been wataching his show less than an hour previously where he was interviewing Dermot Keely as to who he thinks should be the next Irish manager. Needless to say that I turned the channel asapā€¦

A couple from last week:

Tuesday, 27th November: Strolling into Bobby Brown for a luncheon date / tfk astro team crisis meeting with ClarkeyCat when I realised RTEā€™s Chief News Correspondent, Charlie Bird, was walking along beside me. We continued on stride-for-stride from The Shelbourne Hotel and in along towards Grafton Street. He was wearing a black suit and black winter jacket combination. I didnā€™t make an approach and broke off down Dawson Street as he continued in the direction of the Stephenā€™s Green Shopping Centre.

Wednesday, 28th November: I was sitting down in the arrivals area at Edinburgh Airport beside larryduff while waiting for Rocko to procure some Great British Pounds when Lisbon Lion, Tommy Gemmell, who scored the equaliser for Celtic in the 1967 European Cup Final against Inter Milan ambled by on his way to the jacks for a pi$$.

I definitely had a celebrity spot over the weekend but it was when I was locked and Iā€™m fooked if I can remember who it was.

farmerinthecity wrote:

Joe Oā€™Shea, known as the guy who presents Grainne Seoigeā€™s show on RTE, strolling down Wiliam Street South on Friday last. He was casually dressed with a scarf over a blazer and jeans. It was odd as this reporter had only just been wataching his show less than an hour previously where he was interviewing Dermot Keely as to who he thinks should be the next Irish manager. Needless to say that I turned the channel asapā€¦

Is that the same attire he was wearing on the tv or had he changed clothes in the meantime?

He changed.

Ms Seoige was looking particularly well on the show may I ahead.