Celeb Spotting šŸ

Ahead?

Joe Oā€™Shea is the most unnatural show host I have ever seen. Heā€™s actually uncomfortable to watch. Awkward fook altogether.

Seoige always looks good in fairness.

therock67 wrote:

Ahead?

Oops.

One of those moments where the brain goes haywire for a second

farmerinthecity wrote:

therock67 wrote:

[quote]Ahead?

Oops.

One of those moments where the brain goes haywire for a second[/quote]

Thought it might have been one of your famous ā€œpunsā€ that Iā€™d missed out on.

I had an Oā€™Shea spot a few years back in Whelanā€™s and actually engaged in a bit of banter with him. Heā€™s not a bad punter. For a Corkie.

I had an Oā€™Shea spot a few years back in Whelanā€™s and actually engaged in a bit of banter with him. Heā€™s not a bad punter. For a Corkie.

Anybody read his ā€œlast ordersā€ column in The Star on a Saturday, the lad sounds like great pub banter material!

Joe Oā€™Shea. Fook, Iā€™d be strugging for people to talk to in the pub if I was considering speaking to that stupid halfwit.

Anyway, I remembered my celebrity spot from Friday night when I was a little worse for wear to say the least. It was late and it was outside Krystle on Harcourt Street when I spotted Paul McGrath strolling up the street arm-in-arm with some young wan. I didnā€™t notice if he was pissed or if she was hot as I was hammered myself.

Then on my way down to Leggs I stopped for a pizza slice on Leeson Street and the guy in front of me in the queue was Noel Whelan. You probably wonā€™t have heard of him but heā€™s a tallyman who writes books on politics and is always on RTE at election time predicting how constituencies will turn out based on first count figures etc. Heā€™s hardly a celebrity but as I recognised him I decided to engage in some banter with him by shouting, ā€˜Hey tallyman, how many pizza slices am I going to order?ā€™ He laughed at me and walked off with his own food.

Remember Roy Curtis in McDaids that time? Asked the barman to change to text so he could see how the racing went. Then he got a call on his phone and left and asked the barman to hold his pint behind the bar in case he came back. Us trying to engage him in abanter by loudly giving our opinions on Steve Staunton.

Looks like an absolute tosspotā€¦

farmerinthecity wrote:

Remember Roy Curtis in McDaids that time? Asked the barman to change to text so he could see how the racing went. Then he got a call on his phone and left and asked the barman to hold his pint behind the bar in case he came back. Us trying to engage him in abanter by loudly giving our opinions on Steve Staunton.

What brought about that blast from the past Farmer? :shock:

Bandage wrote:

farmerinthecity wrote:

[quote]Remember Roy Curtis in McDaids that time? Asked the barman to change to text so he could see how the racing went. Then he got a call on his phone and left and asked the barman to hold his pint behind the bar in case he came back. Us trying to engage him in abanter by loudly giving our opinions on Steve Staunton.

What brought about that blast from the past Farmer? :shock:[/quote]

It scarred him deeply. Ive heard this a few times before

I saw the boy Noel Whelan myself today at lunchtime. His numerous appearances on Six-One, Q & A etc would surely declare him a Celeb. He was leaving the premises rather hurridly with some other gent in business attire. I think he was telling a story about some idiot that tried to engage in banter with him on Fri night.

I think Bandage was underestimating us a bit when he reckoned we wouldnā€™t know Noel Whelan. Heā€™s not just a tallyman, more of a failed politician and subsequent professional apologist for Fianna Fil. Never quite delivered on that early promise at Leeds though.

therock67 wrote:

I think Bandage was underestimating us a bit when he reckoned we wouldnā€™t know Noel Whelan. Heā€™s not just a tallyman, more of a failed politician and subsequent professional apologist for Fianna Fil. Never quite delivered on that early promise at Leeds though.

Heā€™s a clown. He flunked embarrassingly for Fianna Fil a few years back so decided the best way to stay in politics was to become a self-appointed expert on constituency trends and the likes. Heā€™s to politics what Graham Hunter is to European football. He also had an article in The Times a while back arguing that only politicians should be permitted to debate matters of national interest as itā€™s dangerous when ā€˜the man on the streetā€™ gets involved. Silly fook advocating a Stalinesque type regime. And heā€™s from Wexford too - the shame.

Bandage wrote:

farmerinthecity wrote:

[quote]Remember Roy Curtis in McDaids that time? Asked the barman to change to text so he could see how the racing went. Then he got a call on his phone and left and asked the barman to hold his pint behind the bar in case he came back. Us trying to engage him in abanter by loudly giving our opinions on Steve Staunton.

What brought about that blast from the past Farmer? :shock:[/quote]

Like I said to someone before - I am basically a nice guy. When people are sound to me Iā€™ll be sound back. But when I come across gobshites then I treat them with disdain and donā€™t hide it. Curtis just came into my head so I had to post that such is my disdain for the lad.

Spotted interntional soap and pop star Keith ā€œDe Boxā€ Duffy at Dublin airport yesterday. Mr Duffy was wearing a long brown coat and was looking rather tanned. He looked like a man bound for todayā€™s national hunt show piece, The Tingle Creek Chase.

Caroline Morohan downstairs on the dancefloor in Howl at the Moon, Saturday circa 2am. Wearing black vest top (smash hits well covered unfortunately), small black shorts (those kind of baggy kind that i hate but somehow they looked great on her), black leather boots and she looked fooking fantastic. i took up a viewing position on the edge of the dancefloor roughly 2 yards away. Unfortunately she had a jockey with her. Highlight of the spot was seeing her reach into her ample cleavage, remove a pink mobile phone, take a call and then bury the phone back in her ample cleavage. Wonderful.

Jugs wrote:

Caroline Morohan downstairs on the dancefloor in Howl at the Moon, Saturday circa 2am. Wearing black vest top (smash hits well covered unfortunately), small black shorts (those kind of baggy kind that i hate but somehow they looked great on her), black leather boots and she looked fooking fantastic. i took up a viewing position on the edge of the dancefloor roughly 2 yards away. Unfortunately she had a jockey with her. Highlight of the spot was seeing her reach into her ample cleavage, remove a pink mobile phone, take a call and then bury the phone back in her ample cleavage. Wonderful.

I hear she stores bottles and cocktails down there too. Titā€™s also a potential target for police searching for Maddy McCann.

Is she not a bit on the chubby side?

farmerinthecity wrote:

Is she not a bit on the chubby side?

Yeah she is a chubster, big dirty lips on her though. Bit of value there

Yeah she is a chubster, big dirty lips on her though. Bit of value there

I donā€™t like being stuck in vacuum agreements that you canā€™t get out of.