Celeb Spotting 🐐

[quote=“Rocko”]What are the guidelines on spotting comedians in the audience at a comedy gig?

I’ll take a ruling from Bandage on this please (despite our disagreement in the pub on Friday night).[/quote]

Its the same as the ruling on spotting soccer players at soccer matches,dont even think about it.

given the current climate, can I include a spot of John O’Donoghue at the races (granted i see him every time I go the races)? I have a good level of detail, such as bet size, winner/loser etc. what say you?

Go for it…

I’ll wait for the organ grinder if you don’t mind.

I don’t think NCC is online at the moment…

Friday 18 Sep 2009

Trinity College, College Green

Former Fine Gael leader Alan Dukes walking alone quite briskly. It was a long time since I had seen him and he seems to have gotten very old. H ewas dressed in a brown suit with an umbrella in hand, which I can only assume he was going to put up as it was raining at the time.

Saturday 19 September 2009

Grafton Street

Minister for Transport and Marine Noel Dempsey walking very casually and leisurely down Grafton Street, also alone. He is an extremely small person. He was dressed in a shirt and trousers (no tie).

Monday 21 September 2009

IFSC

Dublin forward Mark Vaughan entering Spar, with two others, which I can only assume to be work colleagues. He was dressed in the typical business casual atire. It is only when you see him up close that you appreciate how ridiculous his bleached hair looks.

Go for it:thumbsup:

[quote=“tipptops*”]Friday 18 Sep 2009

Trinity College, College Green

Former Fine Gael leader Alan Dukes walking alone quite briskly. It was a long time since I had seen him and he seems to have gotten very old. H ewas dressed in a brown suit with an umbrella in hand, which I can only assume he was going to put up as it was raining at the time.

Saturday 19 September 2009

Grafton Street

Minister for Transport and Marine Noel Dempsey walking very casually and leisurely down Grafton Street, also alone. He is an extremely small person. He was dressed in a shirt and trousers (no tie).

Monday 21 September 2009

IFSC

Dublin forward Mark Vaughan entering Spar, with two others, which I can only assume to be work colleagues. He was dressed in the typical business casual atire. It is only when you see him up close that you appreciate how ridiculous his bleached hair looks.[/quote]

Dukes,grand hes a public figure.Dempsey,the same,grand.

Then theres Vaughan,will you ever fuck off for gods sake,hes a nobody,ive spot fellas with All Ireland Medals hanging off thier rear view mirrors every Day of the Week here in Kilkenny and im not posting it up here,fellas who’d put sport our of a Dublin gimps head with one belt,im getting mad here now:mad:,fuck ya none of those are a spot now as punishment for including Vaughan in the list.:clap:

Link am i wasting my time throwing up Pat Rabbitte, the politician/comedian?

Who: Former Minister for Expenses John O’Donoghue
Where: Listowel Races
When:Saturday 19th Sep
Wearing: Typical politco uniform, suit, tie etc
Other Information: As I went to back Ruby’s hotpot Archie Boy in the big race of the day, the pig-headed one approached to bookies beside me, Tony Griffin, and had a €40 win on horse No2 Emmpat @ 3/1. John didn’t take a slip from the bookie, (I assume he felt the bookie would surely remember him and his bet as he’s so famous). Emmpat duely romped home, netting a cool €120 for the Ceann Comhairle.

[quote=“The Runt”]Who: Former Minister for Expenses John O’Donoghue
Where: Listowel Races
When:Saturday 19th Sep
Wearing: Typical politco uniform, suit, tie etc
Other Information: As I went to back Ruby’s hotpot Archie Boy in the big race of the day, the pig-headed one approached to bookies beside me, Tony Griffin, and had a 40 win on horse No2 Emmpat @ 3/1. John didn’t take a slip from the bookie, (I assume he felt the bookie would surely remember him and his bet as he’s so famous). Emmpat duely romped home, netting a cool 120 for the Ceann Comhairle.[/quote]

“40 down to ‘pal’”

Cliff Richard is in Brewbaker just off Molesworth Street right now this minute. (Well about 10 minutes ago) He is wearing a brown jacket and has two bodyguards with him. I touched off his jacket on the way out while some of the women from work were floating around him.

Spotted Duncan Stewart in Kelly’s pub in Galway city centre on Friday night. Didn’t see what he was wearing as I didn’t care but when I strolled out past him he had a lady under each arm. Original player.

:rolleyes:

That’s Vital!

what a fucking legend that man is…

Cliff is the best spot we’ve hadc around here in a while:thumbsup:

[quote=“Rocko”]What are the guidelines on spotting comedians in the audience at a comedy gig?

I’ll take a ruling from Bandage on this please (despite our disagreement in the pub on Friday night).[/quote]

This scenario falls under the Bono/Snow Patrol Principle from 2007.

To expand, seeing Bono at a U2 concert is not a spot but seeing Bono at a Snow Patrol gig is a spot.

He’s probably at the latter in his spare time and it’s a random spot as you’re not expecting to see him but he’s at work in the first instance.

Ergo, seeing a comedian at another comedian’s gig is also a valid spot.

Thank you.

[quote=“Bandage”]This scenario falls under the Bono/Snow Patrol Principle from 2007.

To expand, seeing Bono at a U2 concert is not a spot but seeing Bono at a Snow Patrol gig is a spot.

He’s probably at the latter in his spare time and it’s a random spot as you’re not expecting to see him but he’s at work in the first instance.

Ergo, seeing a comedian at another comedian’s gig is also a valid spot.

Thank you.[/quote]

The poster in question has been advised on this matter previously by the official adjudicator of celeb spots on this site.

P.S Your wrong,comedian at a comedy gig,he most likely got in for free,not a spot.

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]The poster in question has been advised on this matter previously by the official adjudicator of celeb spots on this site.

P.S Your wrong,comedian at a comedy gig,he most likely got in for free,not a spot.[/quote]

No, I’m certain I hadn’t responded to the query prior to my post above.

You hadnt but the relevant authority had previously dealt with the matter:thumbsup: