Celeb Spotting 🐐

I met friend of the forum Guy Easterby when I was on my way back to the office at lunchtime. I was strolling up Baggot Street in the direction of town and he was going the opposite way towards Baggot Street Bridge, near where our paths crossed. He was wearing a grey hoodie and blue jeans and was carrying several shopping bags - containing Christmas presents I would wager. At the point where we were passing each other I said, ‘Welcome back Guy’ in reference to him recently rejoining Leinster Rugby. ‘Cheers’, he responded while smiling and probably remembering the time when myself, Jugs, cesc4, superleeds and Bainne riled his English pals so much in a Dublin 4 pub the day they got knocked out of the World Cup against Portugal in the summer of 2006 that he had to step in himself to prevent an all-out brawl.

Tnnion said that he got four or five spots in New Yprk that were bigger than has ever been on here and said he would post them yesterday. There are obvuiously coming soon so I would brace yourselves…

Saturday 15/12/2007: Victoria Quay, Dublin 8.

Walking down beside Guinness’s on a freezing December mid-morning the smell of stout swirling around my snuff free nostril area, I reached the Quays and the bitter wind forced me to ajust the buttons on my coat. Just then I saw the Queen of the Queers, Brian Dowling of Big Brother fame. He was wearing a sensible grey cromby coat for the weather and he was caked in what I believe was number5 make-up, either that or a really good tan. He was heading with a wheelie suitcase in the direction of Heuston Station.

Bono, Ali Hewson & Gavin Friday outside Foley’s on Baggot St on thursday evening. Ali looking hot, Bono looking typically ridiculous in yellow tinted shades, Didn’t even recognise friday but one of the lads informed me it was him. they were all chatting amicably to some other gimp when a few young ladies ran over going “look it’s bono ahhhhh, oh my god!!” then they fooked off fairly lively.

about 20mins later trevor sargent waiting to cross the road roughly 10 yards away from where the above were spotted

Spotted BBC presenter Craig Doyle at one of Wexford’s finest hotels yesterday. Mr Doyle was availing of the leisure facilities and had a child with him, which I believe to be a boy. Mr Doyle wore a pair of knee length swimming trunks and could do with a few lengths of the pool to work off some excess poundage.

I hope he took the train!

A spot I forgot from before Christmas…while attending the Miami Heat v Washington Wizards NBA game, I saw a little fooko who looked like he thought he was famous.

My co-attendee who is rather authorative on such matters pointed out that it was Jamie Fox, star of the film Ray.

Mr Fox was accompanied by 2 stunning young ladies and wore dark shades and a hat, despite it being an indoor basketball game. He was also sporting a black top and black jeans My colleague (to whom the “run and jump” quote can be attributed to) asked Mr. Fox to pose for a picture and Mr Fox, being an arrogant little prick refused.

This isn’t a direct Celeb Spot so I can’t take credit for it but it’s related to this thread. At the Pogues gig before Christmas we were boozing in the makeshift bar area (myself, Juhniallio, Farmer, Hands of Piss, Bazooka Pants plus others). Anyway there was a little yelp out of these lads beside us who had spotted a celeb in that area. They got their photo taken with him and everything. Not 100% sure who it was but it was one of those “indie” travel guys from TG4. Not Hector or Manchn but the next one down. Neeley or something I think his name might be?

The lads who spotted him were well pleased with themselves though and have a photo to prove it.

[quote=“Appendage”]A spot I forgot from before Christmas…while attending the Miami Heat v Washington Wizards NBA game, I saw a little fooko who looked like he thought he was famous.

My co-attendee who is rather authorative on such matters pointed out that it was Jamie Fox, star of the film Ray.

Mr Fox was accompanied by 2 stunning young ladies and wore dark shades and a hat, despite it being an indoor basketball game. He was also sporting a black top and black jeans My colleague (to whom the “run and jump” quote can be attributed to) asked Mr. Fox to pose for a picture and Mr Fox, being an arrogant little prick refused.[/quote]

He refused?? The fook…

Also I do believe that his name is spelt ‘Foxx’

If only all celebrities were like Neelo of TG4 fame. I spotted him at the Pogues concert in the RDS and some starstruck fan asked him for a picture. He appeared happy to pose and he is a much bigger celebrity than Jaime Foxx…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]He refused?? The fook…

If only all celebrities were like Neelo of TG4 fame. I spotted him at the Pogues concert in the RDS and some starstruck fan asked him for a picture. He appeared happy to pose and he is a much bigger celebrity than Jaime Foxx…[/quote]

Just posted something similar right above you Farmer, except I wasn’t sure of yer man’s exact name.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]He refused?? The fook…

If only all celebrities were like Neelo of TG4 fame. I spotted him at the Pogues concert in the RDS and some starstruck fan asked him for a picture. He appeared happy to pose and he is a much bigger celebrity than Jaime Foxx…[/quote]

People often ask me for photographs. I always say no. Im not standing around pointing a camera at some fookos worrying if they’re happy with the shot.:wink:

[quote=“therock67”]This isn’t a direct Celeb Spot so I can’t take credit for it but it’s related to this thread. At the Pogues gig before Christmas we were boozing in the makeshift bar area (myself, Juhniallio, Farmer, Hands of Piss, Bazooka Pants plus others). Anyway there was a little yelp out of these lads beside us who had spotted a celeb in that area. They got their photo taken with him and everything. Not 100% sure who it was but it was one of those “indie” travel guys from TG4. Not Hector or Manchn but the next one down. Neeley or something I think his name might be?

The lads who spotted him were well pleased with themselves though and have a photo to prove it.[/quote]

I shook hands with Hands of Piss as well. Fooking stink off my hands for days.

Bazooka Pants was the same guy that we saw performing in the Flowing Tide yeah? I was quite locked the night in question but thought he looked familiar…

It’s the same guy alright.

Oh yeah. That was a funny night.

Lad on stage: “Dya know the way some people aren’t good at…”
Bandage and SoulDressing simultaneously shout: “Comedy”

Funniest moment of the night

Struck me as quite a naturally funny lad as well. Good to see him make a go of it.

I thought one of the lads on stage was Pete Doherty until yer man startd playing the tin whistle and I knew it couldn’t be him the talentless fook.

Spotted Shane McGowan on the stage at the same Pogues gig. Don’t know what he was doing there. Also I thought I saw Sinead O’Connor as well or else someone that looked the image of her…

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Struck me as quite a naturally funny lad as well. Good to see him make a go of it.

I thought one of the lads on stage was Pete Doherty until yer man startd playing the tin whistle and I knew it couldn’t be him the talentless fook.

Spotted Shane McGowan on the stage at the same Pogues gig. Don’t know what he was doing there. Also I thought I saw Sinead O’Connor as well or else someone that looked the image of her…[/quote]

Pete Doherty talentless? Fook off

[quote=“Flano”]Oh yeah. That was a funny night.

Lad on stage: “Dya know the way some people aren’t good at…”
Bandage and SoulDressing simultaneously shout: “Comedy”

Funniest moment of the night[/quote]

I felt bad about that afterwards. The poor fook was probably after taking years to build up the courage to do stand-up in public and I could imagine him standing in front of a mirror at home practicing his routine and how nervous he must have been etc etc. Then he begins and gets that cheek from us. In our defence he was fairly rubbish and deserved the slagging.

I was also going to mention Jamie ‘Foxx’ has the extra ‘x’ for effect. Glad to see farmer get in there before me to speedily clarify this.

Yeah there is a kind of arrogance that goes with being a stand-up comedian - as in I am funny and everyone will think it once they hear me. No harm knocking people who clearly aren’t funny but who clearly think they are.

Bandages recent post about Finlay and Hornswoggle has just got me thinking. If Farmer and Ben teamed up they could be just like them.