Celeb Spotting 🐐

I see Tinnion’s online. You’ve left us hanging for nearly 2 weeks with your spots from New York - spill.

As those of you in the site’s the marketing department will know I spent a couple of days in New York City the week before Christmas, the trip proved to be a bumper celeb spotting trip averaging almost a celeb spot per day.

Friday 14/12/2007 - Dublin Airport, Arrivals area:
Former Tipperary manager Michael “Babs” Keating. Babs appeared to be travelling with a younger man, possibly a son, I spotted him as he arrived in the door that leads directly to the arrivals area. He then proceeded to to the south escalator to the check-in area where I lost sight of him. As far as I know Babs’ brother has a house in Dubai (he stated this on tv over the summer) so I suspect he may have been heading to Dubai for a few days R and R, although he was travelling quite lightly so I couldn’t be sure.

Friday 14/12/2007 - Flight EI105 to JFK
RTE television presenter Mary Kennedy. Mary was seated three rows in front of on the morning flight to New York, I can only presume she was headed to the Windy Apple for some last minute shopping. Had to make two trips to the toilet to confirm it was actually her.

Saturday 15/12/2007 - Apple Store 5th Avenue
Former England football manager “Second Choice” Steve McClaren browsing iPods in the Apple Store. I was messing around with an iPod touch, browsing thefreekick when I noticed a bright orange beacon beside me. I looked to my right and saw Steve, we locked eyes, I knew who he was and he knew that I knew, he was obviously in hiding after the England debacle so was dismayed to be spotted. The second wife was with him, the one with dark hair and the son that goes to games with him along with a few other kids. They proceeded to leave when I started to call my friends over for a look at Steve.

Saturday 15/12/2007 - 39th and 7th New York City
Sopranos star Joe Gannascoli loitering at the corner of 39th and 7th. Joe played Vito Spatafore in the hit tv show the Sopranos, I won’t give away any more than that for ClarkeyCat’s sake. Joe was dressed in a bright red fleece jacked with a matching hat. I had my picture taken with Joe and proceeded on with my day. He asked me to mention www.joesoup.com to my friends.

Great stuff Tinnion. Did you know that Babs’ son-in-law is the leading flat racing jockey, Johnny Murtagh? It could have been him with him either.

Off to check out joesoup.com now.

Don’t think any of those beat Jaime Foxx in fairness. An Oscar winner…

How was Mary looking - what was she wearing?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Don’t think any of those beat Jaime Foxx in fairness. An Oscar winner…

How was Mary looking - what was she wearing?[/quote]

In fairness Farmer, I think Joe Gannascoli beats the hell out of Jamie Foxx, The Sopranos is far greater than anything he has done, and Joe was a leading character for a number of series.

Mary was dressed quite casually, nothing of note to be honest, you always want to be comfortable for those longer flights don’t you.

Tuesday January 1st 2008
Chawkes Service Station, Dublin road, Limerick.
8.15pm

Irish hooker Jerry Flannery standing beside a maroon 5 series BMW which I presume was his own. He was wearing a navy Munster tracksuit and runners and was talking to a black haired female who was refuelling said car.

Thurdsay December 20th 2007
Terminal 1 departures Heathrow Airport, London
Approx 8.30am

Former TV presenter and current MEP (I think) Mairead McGuinness walking towards gates 80-90. She was in the company of a tall male and I cannot recollect what either of them were wearing.

Thursday December 20th 2007
Dublin Airport Arrivals
Approx 11am

Not 100% certain on this spot due to the fact I was dashing around Dublin airport trying to find an ATM that was in service but saw a gentleman who looked very like Irish scrum half Peter Stringer sitting in coffee shop with a female companion.

3.20pm Today. Mick from Fair City at the square. Must be the 4th time Ive spotted him at the square.

Two of late:

Fat McFadden and his chick Delta whatever enjoying a New Year’s Eve meal in the Wild Swan in Malahide. Nemesis was there with his chick who was delighted.

Eamonn ‘butcher boy’ Owens at the RDS for a spot of ice skating last friday. I went as far as to hit his chick with a ball of ice(nemesis ducked) but the mild mannered Eamonn didn’t flinch. He didn’t look brilliant at the skating though.

[quote=“briantinnion”]In fairness Farmer, I think Joe Gannascoli beats the hell out of Jamie Foxx, The Sopranos is far greater than anything he has done, and Joe was a leading character for a number of series.
[/quote]

Were you not on a Sorpranos tour at the time Tinnion? Myself, Clarkey and Rocko were discussing this on Friday and determined that this shouldn’t even me allowed as he was in the course of his work.

We agreed McClaren was a smashing spot though

Juhniallio - did you see McFadden or did Nemesis?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Were you not on a Sorpranos tour at the time Tinnion? Myself, Clarkey and Rocko were discussing this on Friday and determined that this shouldn’t even me allowed as he was in the course of his work.

Juhniallio - did you see McFadden or did Nemesis?[/quote]

The Sopranos is finished so it couldnt be in his (celebs) line of work, if this is what you meant.

I was walking home from town in the early hours of Saturday morning and spotted David Coffey (Dan from RTE’s Dan & Becs) heading into Legg’s on Leeson Street with a seriously hot blond. As least I think she was hot - I was concentrating more on the hot dog and pizza slice I’d just purchased from a street vendor 20 yards back up the road. It’s certainly a c-list spot but it’ll keep me ticking over for the barren first few weeks of January.

Ok - but going on a Sorpranos tour meant there would be a good chance of meeting one of the cast members.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Were you not on a Sorpranos tour at the time Tinnion? Myself, Clarkey and Rocko were discussing this on Friday and determined that this shouldn’t even me allowed as he was in the course of his work.

Juhniallio - did you see McFadden or did Nemesis?[/quote]

Nemesis did. I’m merely posting it because there aint no way he will.

Spotted RTE artiste Don Conroy on Wexford’s Main St yesterday. Mr Conroy appeared somewhat lost and even dazed as he looked at the street names on the street corners to ascertain where he was. This was somewhat surprising as he is a regular visitor to the town during the opera festival.

He was wearing a beige jacket (which was zipped up as it was quite a chilly evening), black slacks and black shoes.

Good spot there this evening at about 5:15 pm on Dame Street; former eircom League manager, radio personality, Italian football enthusiast and allround bit of a hero Bill Bagster. Bill was looking quite well, with tight grey hair, a Chartbusters tan, a well fitting navy overcoat and decent shoes. He was holding a shopping bag in one hand and the other was at about shoulder height, holding a French cigarette.

???

Yeah bit of a typo. Made a balls of the edit function yesterday while posting but you’ll be happy to know that I have corrected it.

Damien Dempsey on flight EI223 from Glasgow to Dublin last night.

He was one of the late arrivals on the flight and bounded up the aisle with a cheesy grin and sporting a blue jeans and a striped casual shirt with jacket in hand.

I didn’t make any approach to speak to him having bothered him at an airport previously (Heathrow - September 2005), not to mention backstage in RTE before The Cafe aorund that time also.

Not so much a spot as a tip-off:

Will Ferrell fans may be able to see said star in a non-professional capacity at the Project Arts Centre this evening.

RTE You’re A Star and Podge and Rodge Show tosser Brendan Kilkenny at the top of Dawson Street at lunchtime. He was on the far side of the road as I waited at the pedestrian crossing and two females beside me were starstruck by his presence.