Celeb Spotting 🐐

I agree with Tinnion here. I would regard it as acceptable if Coughlan was spotted in a pub later on that evening but he was engaged to lead the parade by the organisers and therefore seeing him in the parade doesn’t count as a valid celeb spot imho and I move to dismiss it.

Daithi O’S / O’Shea is a TG4 presenter afaik so I reckon that’s a valid spot.

I spotted former You’re A Star judge and music impressario Bill Hughes on Baggot Street at lunchtime. He was sporting his usual grey beard and is a rather rotund individual.

http://www.beautiful-garbage.net/pbonline/philip2.jpg

I was in London over the weekend to see Neil Young and afterwards met Billy O’Neill from Dream Team in the Dolphin bar somewhere in the East End.
He seemed to be there on his own and expressed surprise I recognised him from Dream Team “because I’ve done loads since then…TV…and films…and films…” Also said he used to live in Donaghmede.
I told him I had to turn around and talk to my friends.

I also saw Cillian Murphy and Padraig Harrington in Heathrow yesterday.

Billy O’Neill from Dream Team - that’s an unbelievable spot. He was the cheeky scouse chappy if I recall correctly and was in the cast during the golden age of the show.

Yep. He says he’s good mates with Linda Block and was meeting her the following day. I tried to get him to talk about Didier Baptiste, Carl Fletcher and the like but he wanted to shite on about whatever poxy film he’s working on instead.

Ah Billy and Leon, the good oul days

Few from over the weekend.
TG4 commentator MacDara McDonacha and former all Ireland winning cork manager Donal O’Grady in Jury’s croke park yesterday morning/afternoon.

A few mins later I spotted Sunday game ‘presenter’ Pat Spillane in the company of some other gentlemen who I didn’t recognise outside said hotel. He was walking towards the premium section at the back of the Hogan Stand.

I was in The Shelbourne Hotel for a while last night and when we went in we were met by the sight of one of Ireland’s Z-list celebrities sitting at the bar. That Gavin Lambe-Murphy chap was drinking with a crowd of similar jeans and confirmation jacket types. It’s an odd place - an auld wan about 60 years old came in at one stage and sat down on her own. She was wearing wrap around sun glasses and a hat and was orange. She was there for around 2 hours drinking wine on her lonesome before fooking off.

Christ Bandage, your letting the side down, why didn’t you chat her up?

If you have an interest in Snooker then Beijing is the place to be this week. Specifically, Paddy O’Sheas, the Irish boozer. My leisurely post match(Beijing Celtic)few pints was regularly disturbed by bumping into Ken Doherty on his way to/back from the jacks, while Ronnie O Sullivan must have cramp from the amount of autographs he signed. There were about six other top class snooker heads there, but I didn’t recognise them. Doherty put on the Beijing Celtic Jersey, and promised to line out up front next week if his stay lasted that long. Jon Higgins wasn’t there, but we were assured he’d make an appearance(and don the jersey) when he hits Beijing.

Horse Trainer (and part time gambler) Tony Martin in the bar of Dunboyne Castle last night drinking away!

The entire Munster Rugby Squad there at lunchtime.

Location: The Radisson SAS Hotel Bar and Restaurant, Cork Airport, Cork
Dress: To a man, adidas Munster tracksuits and poloshirts. Runners/trainers/sneekers also on show
Occasion: Getting the scran in before heading over to Gloucester via Bristol Airport to crunch 'Ken Cup match with Gloucester RFC.
Suspicions: That they were onsite already having a team talk in the hotel prior to the meal. These suspicions were upheld by a) asking floor manager were they already in the building, http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif seeing CIE coach parking outside the hotel and it was empty and c) big red face on ROG as if he was after giving a stirring speech and/or got the head ate off of him.
Observations: The word must have got out fairly lively that they were going to be up there as a flock of young wans turned up and were fixin their hair to bate the band.

Second hand spot for you all from Ball.

Bill Clinton outside the Rockerfeller Centre @ approx 7 EDT yesterday.

Best spot ever.

Posting on behalf of Mrs Rock:

Robbie Keane on Grafton Street at 13:52. Robbie was wearing a blue leather jacket(!), looked small and wasn’t attracting much of a crowd. He was accompanied by a tall black guy with shaven head - possibly a Spurs player, Mrs Rock speculated.

[quote=“therock67”]
Robbie Keane on Grafton Street at 13:52.[/quote]

Bit of Monday afternoon shoplifting value there!

Keeping up my record of spotting alleged Anabels killers (spotted Dermot Laide a few months ago) I shook hands and had general banter with another - Desmond Ryan - at a house party last night.

Ryan was dressed in jeans and a zippy Hugo Boss top. He is a smoker and, on first impressions, appeared quite stuck up. Myself and a few others were having banter and I later found out that he believed ‘we were from another planet’ with our banter. At least we never kicked a guy in the head when he was on the ground…

Smashing spot Farmer. Did you know who he was from the off?

I knew that the lad whose party it was was mates with one of them but it never dawned on me until Sister Rock said it before we went in. I spent most of the night trying to figure out which one it was and then he appeared on the balcony and I recognised him straight away. It was funny with myself and Sister Rock stamping on the ground randomly as yer man was standing beside us…

Hi, new member, good thread to start posting. Recently spotted in Manchester - Paddy MaGuire from Shameless walking around Picadilly Gardens, big fooker. Mad Marty “Holohan?”, think that’s his surname, from Late Night Poker fame, walking into Old Trafford with a cracking piece of skirt. Bruno Langley from Coronation Street leaving Cinema at GMX. Clive Tyldesley eating breakfast in Hilton Deansgate. All spots encompassed in 2 trips to Manchester- Roma and Arsenal matches.

welcome to tfk mullach.

Is Paddy the da or one of the sons?