Celeb Spotting 🐐

For a start “Mong” is not a phrase.

Keith Andrews. FFS. :rolleyes: … John Sheridan would have ate him for breakfast in his day… No mark

Given always came across an alright sort…

Good anecdote larry

Two tenuous spots but after a long drought I’m taking them.

Who: Aoife Sheehan, Limerick camogie star and RTE TwoTube sports correspondent
Where: Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4
When: 7:20pm approx., Wednesday August 11, 2010
Any other details: I was walking along said road with forum member Trapattoni who handed a Free State representative team fanzine to said spotee, she engaged in neutral to friendly banter with said forum member before tucking said fanzine into her pink handbag. She seemed to be in a gamey mood if one can be in a gamey modd while walikng along the street, an oppurtunity missed perhaps.
Attire: boots, jeans and jumper, I have no recollection what colour any of them were, actually I think the boots were beige coloured.

Who: Mary-Kate “May-Kay” Geraghty, singer with Irish rock’n’roll combination Fight Like Apes
Where: Directly outside Ryan’s pub, Camden/Wexford St.
When: 12:20 am approx., Thursday August 12, 2010
Any other details: I was having a smoke outside the aforementioned pub with a random punter in his 40’s when said spotee bounded down the street at pace and hugged my smoking partner before making very energetically in the direction of Whelan’s.
Attire unknown but definitely involved copious amounts of eyeshadow.

Does making tea for Messi not count Sid?

I hope there are double points on offer for the first spot of Larry Murphy out in the wild. His whereabouts is a matter of national interest so I’d ask all forumites to be on the lookout.

Does Link get points retrospectively for his earlier spot?

Who: Ian Dempsey
Famous For: Today FM DJ
When: Yesterday. 6.05 pm
Where: Lansdowne Road Train Station
Other Info: Dempsey was walking towards the train station against most of the traffic who were leaving the station to get some pre game drinks in. I thought at the time that Dempsey may have been getting a train ticket before match and so avoid the queues later after the match. He greeted me with a nod as we passed each other. I kept prolonged eye contact as at first I didn’t believe it was him. Nice guy

Who: Ronnie Whelan
Famous For: Former Irish International. TV pundit
When: Yesterday. 6.25pm
Where: Outside D4 Berkeley Court Hotel
Other Info: Whelan made his way outside the hotel to the outside patio area in somewhat of a hurry. He was wearing a suit and his haircut wouldn’t be one I’d consider

Who; Ray Houghton
Famous For: Former Irish International. TV pundit
When: Yesterday. 6.30pm
Where: Customer Service Desk D4 Berkely Court Hotel.
Other Info: As I was passing Houghton a fan appeared to ask him for a photo. Houghton appeared to say he would do it in a minute. He looked a bit under pressure. He was dressed in a suit.

Gary O’Brien
Esteemed racing pundit
PSLC

She sounds, but most definately is not.

As good an Irish act around at present.

None of these are spots.these individuals were in thier place of work at the time of being spotted.

these are spots.

Great spots Larry.

Who:Dick Spring
Famous For:Former Labour Party Leader and tanaiste
Where:O Donnells Bar,Tralee
When:Tuesday at around 5.30pm
Attire:grey slacks,black shoes,white shirt and a light blue ill fitting blazer that looked shit on him
Other notes:I spotted him walking through the bar,he tapped my young fella on the head and bid us good day when the said small one ran into him,Spring joined two fellas at a table nearby for a meeting about something or other,one lad was an early 50s sort about 26 stone and the other was a younger smallish lad,community representatives of bsome sort id guess by thier casual appearance,they were engaged in deep conversation and the two lads were hanging on Springs every word,the man himself is looking fairly shit i reckoned at the time,if hes still alive he’ll be going onto my list for Celebrity Deaths 2011.

Would you ever go stick your head in an oven…

Who: Niall Quinn
Famous for: 1983 All Ireland Hurling minor finalist
When: Yesterday evening, circa 9pm, at the Jervis luas stop
Other notes: Niall was accompanied by his wife Gilian, who was looking fantastic and is actually quite tall. Some lepjack in a Tipp jersey was roaring at him from accross the street for a good 30 seconds. Niall seemed gently acknowledged the muck savage but Gilian was less than impressed

Isnt Niall a Tipp mucksavage?

I believe so, which is why he obviously put up with this simpleton

Hang on. The Link let through Houghton and Whelan being spotted in the vicinity of a football match.

Jesus wept.

Thats a spot.

Who: The Manchester United Reserve Squad which included the likes of Kiko Macheda, Fabio or Rafael and marshalled by United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Where
: Manchester Airport, then on Aer Lingus Flight EI205 and finally in the arrivals hall of Dublin Airport.

Notes:
Various Spots at various times. First one came while waiting in the cafe of Manchester Airport and seeing Kiko Macheda buying a croissant of some sorts on his own. Then realised that United have a game in Dublin tomorrow night and they would be on the flight that I was coming back in on. Saw Ole chatting with the coaching staff and saw Fabio/Rafael on his own. He was probbably missing his twin as he looked down in the dumps.

Attire: All players and staff were wearing the United blazers.