Celeb Spotting šŸ

An unbelievable run of celeb spots over the last seven days so Iā€™ll have to be brief with each of them.

Celeb: Ryan Tubridy
Date: 5 July 2008, 10pm
Ryan entered Rody Bolands and left almost immediately, from the look of it he just popped in to use the gents at the rear of the pub. He was accompanied by two other guys, one who Iā€™d wager was his brother as he looked quite like him. On his was out he was hassled by some ugly girls for a photo, fair play to him he obliged. He is ridiculously thin.

Celeb: Mick Wallace
Date: 6 July 2008, 3pm
Wexfordā€™s very own Steve Lansdown enjoyed Wexfordā€™s second half capitulation from the comfort of the premium level. Nothing more to add.

Celeb:Willie Doran
Date:9 July 2008, 6pm
I originally thought I had spotted Milan midfielder Mattieu Flamini on the LUAS, however it turned out to be Wexford hurler Willie Doran, son of Colm Doran and nephew of the great Tony Doran. Willie was dressed in a suit and carrying an umbrella on his was home from a meeting with his agent or something Iā€™d reckon.

Celeb: Packie Bonner
Date: 11 July 2008
Spotted Packie several times as he awaited a flight in Pier D amidst the chaos resulting from the radar failure. Packie was dressed in a suit (no tie) and carrying a laptop bag. He was travelling alone (as was I), was dying to pick up the courage to ask him if he wanted to go for a few pints to while away the hours but I couldnā€™t do. Was dying to ask him if he really did save with Irish Permanent as his 1990 advert said or was it boll*x. If he was I reckon heā€™d have a tidy sum stashed away at this stage.

Also spotted former Wexford Youth Karl Smith in Reads across from Store St. Garda Station on Thursday last. I understand Karl has withdrawn from public life in recent years so Iā€™m not counting it as an official spot.

Former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern leaving Fagans at 12.30am last night with a blonde beure a few steps behind him (was tempted to wolfwhistle but decided against it for fear of encountering hostility in his backyard & i still had a full pint ahead of me). Bertie was respectably dressed in a dark suit & tie and may have been half steamed from drinkin pissā€¦sorry bass

From the other day, Tuesday in fact. Cork International Airport, the laydown area for taxiā€™s and cars. Paul ā€˜ABOUYFLYNNERBOUYā€™ Flynn getting out of a VW Passat. Wasnā€™t sure if it was him or not as he didnā€™t look too overweight, fit in fact. But then I saw the blue Azzuri bag he was using and this confirmed my suspicions. I had to go in and get cash out and had pepped myself up to confront him as a Deise fan. Not too difficult since I hail from South KK. God it was going to be hilarious. But when I came out his wife and kids were getting out of the car too to embark on what I can only presume was a mini family break. I declined to roll out my side-splitting Blaahead routine, got back in the car and headed back to work.

Former Irish Striker and current Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn crossing the road outside the Hilton hotel Limerick after the Munster final yesterday evening. Niall was dressed in a white shirt and was on his own.

Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones enjoying a pint of stout in the refurbished Jonesā€™ Bar, Clane last Thursday evening. He was accompanied by his very average looking Russian ā€˜friendā€™ and another couple of fellas. Dressed in skinny jeans, cowboy boots, cotton shirt a leather jacket. Oozing rock nā€™ rollā€¦

Thatā€™s gas. Did you see the tabloids over the last few days? Ronnieā€™s fooked off with the 18-year old ā€˜Russian friendā€™ as you call her and his wifeā€™s raging.

If youā€™d got a picture of that you woulda gotten a fair few quid for it off the tabs.

yeah, put 2 and 2 together when i saw the story in the tabloids on saturday. In fairness Ronnie is often seen enjoying a pint in the local, and it would have been very rude to take a photo as he is largely left alon when he is out and aboutā€¦

The paparazzi were hanging aroung the pub all weekend and at the gates of his house when I passed on saturday morning. Canā€™t help wondering though what kind of cash I would have gotten for a snap of them.

Robin from Fair City in Sandymount area on saturday. Fine arse.

Yeah - sheā€™d definitely get it alrightā€¦

According to sky news Ronnie Wood is in rehab. Hang your head in shame hangblaa, stalking the poor guy!!

Whoā€™s looking after the russian barmaid?

sheā€™s not great in fariness

[quote=ā€œbriantinnionā€]

Also spotted former Wexford Youth Karl Smith in Reads across from Store St. Garda Station on Thursday last. I understand Karl has withdrawn from public life in recent years so Iā€™m not counting it as an official spot.[/quote]

Ah here tinnion thats pushing it a bit. He was only sub keeper as well by the way! And dont forget heā€™s a former minor county footballer.

Burgers!

The fat fook - see nicknames thread.

Great left foot on him though.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Burgers!

The fat fook - see nicknames thread.

Great left foot on him though.[/quote]

Was that his nickname? Was a decent tennis player in his day as well. Loves himself a bit though it must be said.

Date: 19 July 2008
Celeb: Serial TFK Celeb Spotee Ryan Tubbridy
Sporting: A pair of beige slacks, blue and white striped shirt and and navy blazer.
Venue: The table beside ours at Ryanā€™s Bar and Snug in Clifden
Drinking: Pints of Guinness
Smoking: Silk Cut Blue
In the company of: His Mother

Ryan came across as decent chap, he met and greeted the fans who approached him with extreme politeness, was happy to pose for photos and even engaged in some verbal bantering with our table.

[quote=ā€œFranā€]Date: 19 July 2008
Celeb: Serial TFK Celeb Spotee Ryan Tubbridy
Sporting: A pair of beige slacks, blue and white striped shirt and and navy blazer.
Venue: The table beside ours at Ryanā€™s Bar and Snug in Clifden
Drinking: Pints of Guinness
Smoking: Silk Cut Blue
In the company of: His Mother

Ryan came across as decent chap, he met and greeted the fans who approached him with extreme politeness, was happy to pose for photos and even engaged in some verbal bantering with our table.[/quote]

Troops, thatā€™s the kind of detail we should all be aiming for in our spots.

Date: 20th July 08
Celeb: Tracy Piggott
Wearing: Big red rain coat with baby in an over the shoulder holder yoke.

Date: 20 July 2008 10pm
Celeb: Bernard Dunne
Sporting: A pair of average looking jeans and what I think was the same generic brown and black striped top-man type shirt that he was wearing last time I saw him on the piss
Venue: At the top of the bar in the Porterhouse Nassau St
Drinking: green gorillas
In the company of: two mates. My own mate went up to him pissed and started waffling away but eventually left him alone. Hate when someone Iā€™m with does that.

Also saw the Dubs and Wexford teams in coppers last night but thatā€™s obviously fairly unremarkeable stuff. Although having said that, so is the Bernard Dunne thing.