Celeb Spotting 🐐

who’s he?

Who: JP McManus
Where: Exiting the jacks in the VIP section of Semple Stadium
When: Yesterday at half-time in the Big Game.
Demeanour: Rich

he is exempt from celeb status

Can someone explain to Thrawneen how this thread works?

Not a spot.

Not even a full name, never mind the correct format.

Not a spot.

An administrator of an amateur body is not a celebrity.

Not a spot. No mark gombeen gamblers are not celebrities.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Who: Stephen Roche
Famous For: Being one of finest cyclists this country has produced
Where: Narraghmore, County Kildare
When: Today (several times)
Other Notes: Stephen was there to participate (in a voluntary capacity) in The Charity Cuisine De France Leinster Loop. He spoke briefly to the riders who were taking part in the 120km sportive. Stepehen then set out on the course himself but only managed 20km of so as he had to join the guys who were doing other routes as well. He was riding a BMC RM01 and sporting a yellow jersey.
After the sportive I approached Stephen and engaged in some banter with him. I also spoke to him about Nicolas and in particular about the Vuelta. He assured me he was worth a bet for a top ten placing.

He was fairly bet into that yellow jersey.

Indeed he was. You do cycle yourself mbb? Very well run event.

Not of note Lar but I had reason to be briefly in the vicinity. To be fair to him hes still a very fit looking man. Serious tan.

:lol:

What’s that from?

I’ve often seen Brendan on the bus. He gets off a stop before me.

one of very few spots I’ve bothered reporting, but

Who: Asafa Powell
Famous for: Olympic and World championship gold medalist. Breaking 100m world records, and now playing second fiddle to Usain Bolt.
When: Thursday 18th, approx 2.30pm
Where: the kitchen in my physios house in Carlow.
Wearing: white t shirt, black jeans, and had a hat on the counter which I assume was his for later
Demeanour: smiling and very pleasant. despite being annoyed by yokels who happened to stray in.
Other notes: I went to the physio to get my spine cracked, usual problem that comes up every few months. Only takes 5 minutes to sort, but usually have to wait there for ages as he is always busy. Anyway, I went into the kitchen to go out the back door to the car to get some water, and who was there only Asafa Powell and Kaliese Spencer, a female sprinter from Jamaica. there was another fella there too, who I think was their coach. Apparently yer man from Carlow is going to the Olympics to be physio for the Jamaican sprinting team. to be honest, I hadnt a clue who he was first, as I wasnt really expecting to see an Olympic sprinter in the kitchen, but he said, hi, I’m Asafa, and shook my hand. After a couple of pleasantries and chatting about what he was doing here, I went and got my back cracked and am feeling much better for it.

just because some lad is black it doesnt necessary mean he is olympic sprinter

eh? Powell is indeed black, but I think his credentials of claiming to be an Olympic sprinter is backed up. I googled him there, and indeed, he has sprinted in the Olympics, and been quite succesful too.

Carlow.and Jamaica have ties going.back many many generations. The rasta binds them both as does their love of the weed.

Who was the physio gman? It wasnt one of those quack bone setters that seem to be dotted around Carlow?

I presume if he met a chinese guy called Jackie he would post him up as a spot of Jackie Chan

im not sure if its practical to fly from jamaca to Ireland for a sprained ankle

He most likely ran. He likes to run.

Anthony ‘Star’ Geoghan MBB. good physio, gets through things quick, but an age to wait on him as the place is always packed. Powell was in Italy for the last couple of weeks, or so he said anyway, and came back to Ireland to get a break before the next raining camp starts.

FFS. doubting spots is the thing now is . pair of cunts right there.

here, ye doutbing fooks, is a picture of said Olympic sprinter in Carlow last Thursday. (picture must have been taken on Thursday too coz he is wearing the same clothes)

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/committee.jpg

and the link, http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=20854

and here, found another link with Powell in Carlow too. http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/tabId/377/itemId/11421/Star-treatment-for-elite-athletes.aspx