Celeb Spotting šŸ

Who: Bertie Ahearn
Where: Chapter One restaurant, Parnell Square
When: Tonight around 8pm
Famous for: being an horrific ommision from the TFK COTY Poll 2011
Other notes: Bertie was in the company of his latest mot, who in fairness, is bet up. Sheā€™s seen much better days
Bertieā€™s gotten fierce old looking and has a whiskey nose to rival that Fergie cunt. Heā€™s also walking with the limp of a gout sufferer.
I resisted the urge to register my disgust at having to share the same air as him, but on the way home Terry the taxi man told me he himself had just brought the cunt home and gave him enough verbals to curdle the butter ice cream he imbibed in the fuckers gut. May he be on the pot all night

Who. Ivan Yates
Famous for. Being a high profile baldy. Losing a shed load of cash on a bookie chain. News talk presenter. Former TD. Former minister.
Where. The Rustic Stone Restaurant.
When. Lunchtime today.
Wearing. Greenish beige jacket and pants. Open necked shirt.
Demeanour. Relaxed. Slouched on a banquette.
Other notes. Ivan was in the company of an older gent. The older gent appeared to be eating the fillet. Ivan may have been having the sirloin. Both had them on the hot stone for some time suggesting that they like their steaks well done. A true mark of the countryman. The companion was drinking a Tiger beer. Ivan was nursing a glass of white wine. Not a good match for a steak Iā€™d have thought.

[quote=ā€œArseboxin, post: 10800ā€]
Who: Bertie Ahearn
Where: Chapter One restaurant, Parnell Square
When: Tonight around 8pm
Famous for: being an horrific ommision from the TFK COTY Poll 2011
Other notes: Bertie was in the company of his latest mot, who in fairness, is bet up. Sheā€™s seen much better days
Bertieā€™s gotten fierce old looking and has a whiskey nose to rival that Fergie cunt. Heā€™s also walking with the limp of a gout sufferer.
I resisted the urge to register my disgust at having to share the same air as him, but on the way home Terry the taxi man told me he himself had just brought the cunt home and gave him enough verbals to curdle the butter ice cream he imbibed in the fuckers gut. May he be on the pot all night
[/quote]super spot Arseboxin.

Excellent spotting yourself Fagan

Was Ivan flat out on his back on the banquette or did he manage to chomp through the pain?

What did you have to eat Arseboxin?

He was more or less flat out on the back arseboxin

Ewes milk and spinach gnocchi, followed by scallops, followed by the beef (with macaroni cheese which was vile), finishing with blood orange fromage blanc with espresso and petit fours

Service was atrocious and it seemed to house a very old clientele. We wonā€™t be back

[quote=ā€œArseboxin, post: 10806ā€]

Ewes milk and spinach gnocchi, followed by scallops, followed by the beef (with macaroni cheese which was vile), finishing with blood orange fromage blanc with espresso and petit fours

Service was atrocious and it seemed to house a very old clientele. We wonā€™t be back[/quote]

Bad choices all round by the looks of it arseboxin.

The gnocchi was sublime, and dessert was good too. My companions Parmesan ravioli was divine

But after all the raving weā€™ve heard about this place Iā€™m very underwhelmed. lā€™Ecrivan or Gilbauds pisses all over the place

That sounds like a fine feast apart from the Macaroni cheese??? Disappointing to hear about the service as it was great the time I was there. The scallops were fantastic though

I lunched there once and I didnā€™t think much of it. My companions reckoned I had ā€œbad choicesā€ too. What kind of high falutin restaurant has a fuckload of dodgy dishes on the menu?

My scallops were cold Fran so i cant judge fairly really on the taste. and Iā€™d be very reluctant about sending stuff back in any restaurant unless it was inedible - because every horror story you hear about restaurant kitchens is true. My mate worked in a 3 star joint in London and even there it was standard to whack a pube into a grumpy customers food. Iā€™d rather cold scallops ta

I felt the choices were poor too. Overrated place

For a new restaurant Brasserie Le Pont is very good (service a bit off but itā€™s new)
Oliviers at the Schoolhouse will be our next sojourn - I believe theyā€™re aiming for a star and their sister joint, La Maison, is fantastic

Well done steak accompanied by white wine, Christ even Mikey Healy-Rea would be more refined than that.

A fitting indignity for that forgettable cunt, getting his name wrong.

Were you there too SS? Thatā€™s exactly what he had

Who: Pat Hartigan
Where: The Corbally Bar Limerick When: Friday 20th Jan
Famous for: 5 Time Consecutive Hurling All Star Winner, Irish Shot Put Champion, all round gentleman
Other Notes : Sitting alone drinking what looked like a scotch and water watching Quins v Connaught. Looking very well and supporting a Dermot Desmond like moustache, gave a big cheer when Connaught held out.
Reckons the good times are about to roll for Limerick hurlers again. He told me the same thing back in '92

The Corbally Bar?, I presume you mean Oā€™Driscolls (Daygoes) ?

Who: Liam Cunningham
Famous for: Appearing in almost every Irish film ever made, more recently doing a 2 part doc on RTE called Hostile Environment
Where: Kehoes Bar, South Anne St
When: Last night around 9.15pm
Notes: Not a whole lot, Liam was in with a few mates and there seemed to be a bit of banter going on between them. I was joining a group upstairs so didnā€™t get to see what he was drinking or much info on his attire. Shoddy spotting on my part but given the low level spot I didnā€™t deem it necessary at the time.

yes, i was using its officialy company registered name, part of my intensive research before posting