Celeb Spotting 🐐

Finished as a thread , utter shambles

Who: Historian Diarmuid Ferriter
When: circa 6:00pm, Saturday January 28th, 2012
Where: Grogan’s pub, South William Street, Dublin 2.
Any other business: Diarmuid was going quiietly about his his business lowering pints with two friends.

Who: Michael Meehan, Galway sharpshooter
When: Circa 10:00 pm, Saturday January 28th, 2012
Where: Olympia Thetare toilets, Dublin 2
Any other business: Michael was heard to mutter “they’re quality, aren’t they” abaout the Saw Doctors who were playing a gig in said venue at said time.

Live Spot: Willie Thorne in navy pullover in Fowler’s of Malahide.

Live Spot

Leicester snooker legend William Thorne in Smyths Bar, Malahide

That cunt isn’t fit to lace the great Ray Edmonds’ boots.

+1

Edmonds was never seen again after he called Michaela Tab ‘a very attractive lady’.

Who: Gary Cooke (Aprés Match star)
Where: House (restaurant), Howth, North East Fingal
When: Yesterday morning from 11:25 am for approximately 60 minutes
Wearing: A navy pullover, a white or light coloured shirt underneath and a pair of navy or black slacks.
Demeanour: Calm and serene
Other info: Gary had the granola which comes served with natural yoghurt and maple syrup. He did qualify his order at a volume that was inaudible to me and seeing as the granola came with natural yoghurt I’m guessing he may have asked for no maple syrup. There was a mention of an allergy involved. He was subsequently joined by an older gentleman, possibly his father, and I regret to inform the forum that his demeanour changed for the worse when the other man arrived. His posture immediately cramped up and he looked less comfortable in himself. The conversation was regrettably out of my earshot but it appeared stilted. I did hear at one stage that there will be no AprĂ©s Match on RTÉ this summer due to a difference of opinion on money between the creators and RTÉ. Mr Cooke also explained that one of the other two cast members has something else lined up anyway.

This thread is dead. No leadership from Farmer at all. Very sad to see.

A total joke, his handling of the Pat Hartigan spot was the final nail in the coffin

That was a disgrace, a beautifully researched spot it was too. You could have no regard for Farmer after that one. Link and even Bandage would have given that a tick straight away.

Who: Judah Friedlander
Famous for: Stand-up comedian, Frank from 30 Rock
Where: Spin, 23rd and Park Ave. South (http://www.yelp.com/
spin-new-york-2)
When: 01/26/2012, circa. 6pm
Other notes: I was on an organized social outing with my work mates at ping-pong / bar type place when I spotted a scruffy gentleman at an adjacent ping-pong table whom I immediately recognized as Judah. He was wearing an ill-fitting pair of baggy jeans that were hanging off him, a non-descipt graphic tee and a baseball cap (no caption like he sports on 30 Rock). I managed to get a picture of Judah on the sly but I’m not sure how to post it and would rather save my 2.5mb allowance from Rocko on other pitcures. I had previously met Judah in a comedy club before and spoke to him briefly at the bar but he was performing that night so it did not qualify as a spot and I did not post it.

I think I need to make a statement here re the ‘spot’ of John Gerard McLaughlin.

The granting of him as a spot was an in-joke between myself and Boxty. It was not meant to be taken seriously. I can categorically state now for the record that John Gerard is not a spot.

Neither is some 70s Limerick hurler.

The Adjudicator using the thread for having a laugh and a joke. Sends out the wrong signal, if you ask me.

It is pure spin, he has no backbone and is trying to let on it was all in jest when it wasn’t. Fuck him, the horrible cunt

This is disappointing, the Celeb Spotting thread is serious business and should not be used for joking.

Cease and desist from that kind of behavior please Farmer.

Agreed. With great power comes great responsibility, and Farmer has let down the Board here. He’s new to the job though and I’m sure he’ll learn from his mistakes. I for one am not calling for his ouster just yet.

Get rid, this guy swings with the wind, no backbone and his authority has now been completely undermined, remove his judicial power and ban him from the site

Farmer’s been right in all his adjudications thus far bar the baffling decision to rule out a spot of Brit Award nominee, Wexford man, Maverick Sabre.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 10866”]Who: Gary Cooke (AprĂ©s Match star)
Where: House (restaurant), Howth, North East Fingal
When: Yesterday morning from 11:25 am for approximately 60 minutes
Wearing: A navy pullover, a white or light coloured shirt underneath and a pair of navy or black slacks.
Demeanour: Calm and serene
Other info: Gary had the granola which comes served with natural yoghurt and maple syrup. He did qualify his order at a volume that was inaudible to me and seeing as the granola came with natural yoghurt I’m guessing he may have asked for no maple syrup. There was a mention of an allergy involved. He was subsequently joined by an older gentleman, possibly his father, and I regret to inform the forum that his demeanour changed for the worse when the other man arrived. His posture immediately cramped up and he looked less comfortable in himself. The conversation was regrettably out of my earshot but it appeared stilted. I did hear at one stage that there will be no AprĂ©s Match on RTÉ this summer due to a difference of opinion on money between the creators and RTÉ. Mr Cooke also explained that one of the other two cast members has something else lined up anyway.[/quote]

What a ball of shite. Howth is in south east Fingal. This cunt doesn’t even know where he is.

Farmer, take note, this is what an adjudicator doing his job would have done. This thread has descended into farce.