Celeb Spotting 🐐

Saw Mick Galway in Langtons yesterday having his lunch.

Very topical one…saw Paul McGrath in Heathrow on Monday, looked sober too!

Legendary rock journalist Barry Egan walking north on Grafton Street last Friday.

Sarcasm I trust? That cooont is a fool, at least his pieces are foolish…pandering to his subjects like a lap dog. Gimp.

Saw legendary commentator Jimmy ‘different class’ Magee in a Dublin Public house during lunch time

Double spot in Cork the bank holiday weekend.

Went into Barrys bar in Douglas for some grub and a quite pint on the Saturday afternoon. RTE Cork correspondent Pascal Plastic Sheeting Sheehy was sitting having a drink with his missus and young son.

Also saw Sean Og O Hailpins younger brother Setanta on Washington Street after we stumbled out of a drinking emporium on Sunday night/Monday morning.

Not much of a spot but I’m claiming it anyway because of the bad patch I’m going through. Packie Bonner sitting behind me in the West Stand at the San Marino game last night. Been sitting behind me at the games for a year or so now.

Hurling legend, and I dont use the term lightly, Nicholas English in Bar 51 Haddington Road for his lunch. I was having the beef curry and the suited English appeared to be having the pork option.

Outside the Capitol bar on friday night saw an oul fella walking up the road in an Alex Higgins style hat. Then I realised it was in fact Hurricane Higgins himself. One of my mates loves him and took off after him to try and engage him in some friendly banter. Alex was having none of it and went straight for the 78 club.

2 to report from the weekend. Repeats of previous ones but quite good ones all the same.

Saturday, 10th March, 12.30 pm at Heytesbury Lane, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4: Andrea Corr with random bloke alongside her walking up the lane from the direction of Baggot Street and carrying Donnybrook Fair shopping bags. She was wearing an all black ensemble; black sunglasses, black cardigan over black top, black knee high boots and black trousers (do women call them ‘trousers’ or is there another word for them?). Didn’t catch what the lad she was with was wearing. Might give Barry Egan an email to find out who he is.

Saturday, 10th March, 8.55pm at Bar 51, Haddington Road, Dublin 4: Just before the start of El Grand Classico and as yours truly was walking around the pub getting folk to enter the 1st goalscorer sweep who walked in only that auld Johnny Ronan fellah with Glenda Gilson. Didn’t ask them if they wanted in for the sweep, might have been funny if I did. Glenda was wearing a yellow cardigan with a white vest top underneath (sporting a little bit of cleavage) and a black jeans. Johnny’s driver waited outside all the while and was still waiting in the car when we fooked off into town at about 11.30pm after the footie.

Friday evening, as myself and ClarkeyCat were walking into the the Harbourmaster pub in the IFSC we bumped into Brendan OConnor and Barry Egan. They passed a bit too quick to see what they were wearing etc, but two things did strike me: (1) Barrys hair is not as thin as it appears in the paper (2) Brendan looked quite tanned.

early sunday morning around half eight in an overcast edinburgh. therock66 and myself were walking down a busy street and girvan dempsey was talking to a well wisher on the steps of the team hotel. after a brief think i approached dempsey as he was turning back to go into the hotel and shook his hand. he seemed like a pleasant efficient no nonsense chap.

Much like his on-field persona I dare say.

Saw sports journalist Con Houlihan in Chaplins pub off D’ollier Street yesterday. There is a picture on him on the wall saying ‘Con’s Corner’ and Con obliged by sitting there. He was there with a female companion and was drinking red wine out of a cup. He is barely able to move and looks really unwell. Poor fellow.

Chaplin’s is an interesting pub. Downstairs there is a real local feel to it and tremendous service from the bar staff. For instance one of my party bought me a Guinness unknowing that I already had a full one in front of me. The bar man said ‘here give me that - I’ll get rid of it. Give me a shout when your’e ready for it. Id drink Guinness myself’. Nice touch.

Then we went upstairs as another of the party has started seeing a Polish girl. Upstairs is a complete Polish nightclub - this at 8 o’clock in the evening. Mad stuff

One from last Thursday night.

In Bar 51 on Haddington Road: Wexford born thespian, Gary Lydon, having a few pints. You might know him form stuff like The Clinic and he played the character, Bomber, in Pure Mule last year. Also shows up, along with Sean McGinley, playing minor roles in every single Irish made film! My bro told me ‘Lydon’ is his acting name and it’s not his real name - he’s really called Gary O’Brien!

Posted on behalf of ClarkeyCat

Spotted Risteard Cooper of Apres Match fame in the 51 at lunchtime today
No other information to hand

Doesn’t meet the rules Raven - that’s his job.

He was a strange man

Defintely too strange to be given a kid’s TV show - the kids didnt know what he was on about half the time

He still is a strange man I suppose - seems like a decent fellow though. Some of his poetry is gas - I have a couple of his books in the gaff, a legacy from a relative of Pat’s who I used to live with. Said relative also appeared on Pat’s Chat at least once - neptoism is rife in the Irish media.

Forgot about that one.