Celeb Spotting 🐐

This is probably an indictment on my upbringing but who the fook is he?

Posted on behalf of therock67:

RTE’s Peter Collins checking in for a flight to Seville at Dublin airport early this morning. Wearing a black bomber jacket, blue jeans and black pointy boots. Also carrying a man bag. He was frantically checking his pockets at the check-in area before he was sent away to ticket sales. He looked very pissed off but his bald travelling companion was laughing at him.

is therock67 away?

Pat Ingoldsby what a character. Anytime Im in the westmoreland street area I always look out for him. Harsh the police move him on. A National Treasure. :smoke:

Yeah, he’s in Seville for a romantic few days.

Been thinking a bit about RTEs Peter Collins and Im not sure is he still employed by RTE? He doesnt do Formula 1 anymore because thats on Setanta and Darragh Moloney and Con Murphy seem to cover The Premiership between them. I doubt hes still on 2FM so is he unemployed? He bought a bottle of Bushmills in the Duty Free by the way - though he would have paid full price as he was travelling to Seville.

Robbie Keane in gibneys last night with his bird (a friend of mine was with when he around 13). he was also with what looked like a group of her little brothers mates also. dont know what he was wearing or what he was drinking.

also saw him at the bar later on, and a drunken old man was wearing the ear off him, he looked quite dis-interested!

I was just thinking that Peter Collins still does the Moto GPs (or motorbikes or whatever it’s called) and A1 Grand Prix coverage for RTE. I saw there that Valentino Rossi won this eason’s first race in Jerez, Spain. Is that near Seville? Maybe PC was spending a day or two in Seville before heading up to the race venue. I’ve seen him do the football on occasion still too.

Where’s Gibney’s by the way?

Gibney’s is Malahide.

Good call on Collins - Jerez must be near Seville. RT aren’t pushing the boat out considering Aer Lingus fly there too.

Spotted the munter twins from Hollyoaks in the Function Rooms in Eastbourne on Saturday night. Not as rotten in real life.

Anthony Daly, 2 time Clare All Ireland winning captain and former team manager, in Flannery’s of Camden Street at approximately 1am last night. A big fooker.

As an aside that place is some cock fest. It was alright about 6 years ago when I was in college but now it’s awful. Load of Leitrim type boggers there too.

Leitrim type boggers-they’re the fookin worst type too.

Where you heading for on sunday bandage? Newcastle or Wexford park?

Poor attempts at wind-ups lads ::wink:

You’re showing admirable restraint of late.

Renowned Wexford playwright and sometimes actor, Billy Roche, on tonight’s 6pm Ardcavan bus from Dublin to Wexford. I inadvertently bumped into him when alighting from the bus and he graciously accepted my apology.

As an aside if any of you viewers are ever coming to Wexford and need transport then I highly recommend Ardcavan’s service. Unlike Bus ireann which is generally full of drug addicts and pensioners with a smell of stale pi$$ off themselves, Ardcavan are a private company and it’s generall day trippers and 3rd level students that use the service. In addition, it doesn’t have to go into all those shitty towns en route such as Arklow and so is much quicker.

Veering slightly off-topic here: While Ardcavan’s services are doubtless appreciated they are not fulfilling the same public service criteria as Bus ireann. If everyone travelled to Wexford by private coach there would be no Bus ireann service and no service at all for people in towns along the way. Enjoy Ardcavan and all its brilliance Bandage but remember that public transport that serves unprofitable routes should be encouraged in this country.

I appreciate your points, rocko. One of the main reasons I don’t tell everyone about Ardcavan is because I’d be loathe for Bus ireann to stop providing their service. Also, if only a few select people use the Ardcavan service then there’s plenty of leg room and you can almost lie across a double seat. Leave Bus ireann to the smelly peope and inbreds so it’s a win-win situation for all concerned.

To be honest after my questioning of Rocko after his celeb spot of Setanta executitive and the resulting exclusive for thefreekick i’d say half of Ireland will now know about Ardcavan. I must reiterate though I don’t want to make a big deal of my role in the exclusive.

Date: 30/03/07
Time: 5.05pm
I was in a taxi and looked out the window. Walking down the street with his hands in his pockets and dressed in a suit was former Rte Norther Editor and current Political News Correspondent David Davin Power. After having three pints of Becks less than an hour previously I was high on confidence. Because of this I chanced a wave at Daven Port. We made eye contact and I continued the wave. Unfortunately he simply ignored the wave and continued walking. My taxi driver shared my sentiments that he seemed a little too big for his boots. While he looked disullusioned in the first place the least I expected was a smile or a nod. Instead I was met with a blank look. Disappointed with this but I don’t regret my actions.

Spotted Tommy Tiernan tonight in Terryland Park. He was sporting a green leather jacket that this writer’s father would die for, blue jeans and a pair of runners. He also had a rather fetching beard.