Celeb Spotting 🐐

[quote=“Ciaran Careys Hurling Arm”]anyone can see Willie round Limerick, I met him myself at a funeral last evening.

Today in Cork airport, Setanta O’Hailpin talking to Davie Fitz in departures.[/quote]

Can’t be arsed reading the rules of this:

What’s the time limit on the spotter’s badge?

WBY

The spot must have been within the past 2 weeks (the average length of the average person’s annual holiday, during which time they might not have had online access to post the spot).

Who: Ken Doherty
Famous For: Former World Snooker Champion
Where: The Grand Pub, Killarney
When: Monday the 6th of October ~12.44am
Wearing: striped shirt & jacket.
Company: a few friends & a tasty blonde
Other info: ken was on the porter, posing for numerous photos. may have been in town for a poker tournament.

Who: Mary Coughlan
Famous For: Tanaiste, former Minister for Agriculture
Where: Outside Crawdaddy
When: Last night around 7pm
Wearing: Business suit
Company: Some young man, no doubt a top banana in the department of finance
Other info: Looked like she meant business with the weight of all our hopes and dreams resting on her shoulders.

Who: Mundy (Edmund Enright)
Famous For: Crooning
Where: In Whelan’s, Wexford Street
When: Last night about 1am
Wearing: Some class of a waistcoat over a dark t-shirt and jeans
Company: With a couple of friends
Other info: Seemed a decent auld skin and said hello to anyone who went up to him awestruck

Aploogies but slightly off topic.

What has happened to Whelans? It’s all changed and by the signs of things not for the best. Was in there last Friday and I had to leave because the Guinness was terrible. It used to be smashing. Also a mate of mine who is a regular there says it is where the beautiful people hang out.

Sell outs.

Spotting Mundy in Whelans is like shotting fish in a barrell.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Aploogies but slightly off topic.

What has happened to Whelans? It’s all changed and by the signs of things not for the best. Was in there last Friday and I had to leave because the Guinness was terrible. It used to be smashing. Also a mate of mine who is a regular there says it is where the beautiful people hang out.

Sell outs.[/quote]

It was all down hill once they “renovated” it last year. Used to be a savage spot for a few post work pints of stout any evening of the week. Always a good place for a celeb spot too. I even saw Trevor Welsh in there one evening.Trevor fucking Welsh!

Whelans is a sell out now alright. They try to charge you in more often than not even if you just want to have a pint. It’s become very fashionable with the rich kids recently aswell. For me the straw that broke the camel’s back was last year I was in there with a mate of mine, we were sitting opposite ‘Drico’ and ‘Shaggy’ who were in there having a quiet drink. All was grand until the end of the night when we were told to move on while not a word was said to the two ‘celebs’. I thought it was bang out of order. They were left there to sup up in their own time while everyone else was hunted out. I’d have little respect for the two ‘heroes’ after that and even less for the peasant mentality of the bouncing staff. If it was a VIP section fair enough, but it was fcuking Whelan’s.

Havent been in years. Whelans changed a long time ago, full of shitheads for a long time now.

Is me aul mate still leaning on the bar there at the side door?

[quote=“myboyblue”]

Is me aul mate still leaning on the bar there at the side door?[/quote]

He was asking for you the last time I was in there anyway. Great man to listen to a story.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Whelans changed a long time ago, full of shitheads for a long time now.

[/quote]

This is very true. I always liked the idea of the pint there but there’s just something uncomfortable about the place

Some man for one man alright, a serious wing man.

Will never stand you up or leave you standing while he goes off scoring the bird you’ve been trying all night long with. Always waiting for the bar for you. Pity the fucker never gets his round in though.

[quote=“Ciaran Careys Hurling Arm”]anyone can see Willie round Limerick, I met him myself at a funeral last evening.

Today in Cork airport, Setanta O’Hailpin talking to Davie Fitz in departures.[/quote]

davy getting some early transfer negotiations underway?
or is he pimping himself for the cork job?

he’s a fair man to hold his beer too. never once seen him so much as stagger.

whelans has gone the way of numerous pubs before it i fear.
a victim of its’ own reputation.

and it’s a fcuking nightmare to navigate when you’re half-cut.

Who: Stuart ‘ill be your warrier Bill’ sado iraqi car salesman from the apprentice
Famous For: absolutely shaming himself on tv this week by begging Bill Cullen for the start
Where: the Dropping Well Rathgar
When: Last night 8pm
Wearing: Brown suit
Company: Similar looking besuited arthur daly types, an easy to despise group of cunts if there was ever
Other info: getting stuck into pints of lager whilst being the focal point of the group, herself joked about asking the clown if he won the thing but we very quickly decided not to encourage the cunt

Can we close this thread please.

Puke has ruined Celeb spotting for me.

[quote=“Fran”]Can we close this thread please.

Puke has ruined Celeb spotting for me.[/quote]

too much quality for you?

What are you on about?