Celeb Spotting 🐐

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 773380, member: 24”]Who: Colin Farrell
Famous for: Hollywood actor, so called former ‘hellraiser’, banging Britney
Where: Tribeca restaurant, Ranelagh, Dublin
When: Last night, Thursday 16th May, 9.30pm
Other Notes: Myself and my work colleagues were departing from Tribeca after a lovely meal. As we walked out the door I noticed some bloke holding it open for us. Just as I passed him I twigged that it was actually Mr Farrell. One of my female colleagues remarked that he was taller than she would have thought and that his friend that was with him was ‘very cute’. He was dressed in a long black coat, gelled back hair and sported a prominant earring. Colin proceed to the welcome area to enquire about the availability of a table.[/quote]

:clap:

Fantastic spotting Farmer.

farmerinthecity - it’s spots of that quality with a level of interaction and presented neatly with some interesting observations that give me hope this once great thread may have a future.

Also the fact that the adjudicator was the first person on the scene the congratulate him shows the renewed vigor with which I will be embracing this thread.

Farrell must enjoy the Chicken Wings in Tribeca. I know somebody who spotted him there before.

Outstanding from Farmer and indeed Runt there :clap:

Live spot of Róisín Shortall in Kelly’s Hotel, Rosslare. Róisín and friends have just now retired from the crazy golf course and are having a drink outside the bar on the terrace overlooking said course. Róisín is wearing a pant suit. The group is fourstrong, the two males are drinking pints of Guinness, Róisín is having what looks like a gin and tonic (certainly she has a small bottle of clear liquid and a tall glass), I’m not sure what the other lady is drinking.

I’m reliably informed that Shortall is not married but she may have a (male) partner.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 774536, member: 1”]Live spot of Róisín Shortall in Kelly’s Hotel, Rosslare. Róisín and friends have just now retired from the crazy golf course and are having a drink outside the bar on the terrace overlooking said course. Róisín is wearing a pant suit. The group is fourstrong, the two males are drinking pints of Guinness, Róisín is having what looks like a gin and tonic (certainly she has a small bottle of clear liquid and a tall glass), I’m not sure what the other lady is drinking.

I’m reliably informed that Shortall is not married but she may have a (male) partner.[/quote]

Good spot

who - aidan O’Brien

Where - on the pitch at stakers

When - 840pm this evening

Aidan was in relaxed mood chatting to people on the pitch after the game. He was signing autographs posing for photos. I introduced my young lad as a keen racing fan and he chatted with us for a couple of minutes and I got a smashing photo of him with the young lad. He is a thoroughly alright sort, and wished us well for the summer when we bumped into him a while later leaving the pitch.

He gave a horse for next weekend, I will share that with cm.

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 774685, member: 464”]who - aidan O’Brien

Aidan was in relaxed mood chatting to people on the pitch after the game. He was signing autographs posing for photos. I introduced my young lad as a keen racing fan and he chatted with us for a couple of minutes and I got a smashing photo of him with the young lad. He is a thoroughly alright sort, and wished us well for the summer when we bumped into him a while later leaving the pitch.

He gave a horse for next weekend, I will share that with cm.[/quote]
Did he ring his mother after the final whistle??

Who John Halligan
Famous for. Being an Independent TD.
Where. Ardkeen stores.

I’ll take a PM CCHA. Nothing better than a short priced AOB sprinter to set the pulses racing…

After some excellent work from Farmer and Runt at reviving the thread, Fagan and Rocko bring it crashing back to banality with a couple of no mark politicians. Runt then compounds this by calling Shortall as a good spot. For FFS.

I meant to post something similar.

I am particularly angry as, in the pub on Friday evening, Rocko questioned the popularity of my Colin Farrell in Tribeca spot. Then he goes and posts some no mark politican.

Old bastard.

As always in my reign level of detail & interaction is vital in it being declared a spot. I’ve been clear on this from the start.
For examples Fagan’s reported sighting has not been deemed worthy of a spot.

Also “Live Spots” have always benefited from a more relaxed approach when it comes to adjudication.

Adjudication on this has been reserved until I receive a PM with the aforementioned horse.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 774761, member: 24”]I meant to post something similar.

I am particularly angry as, in the pub on Friday evening, Rocko questioned the popularity of my Colin Farrell in Tribeca spot. Then he goes and posts some no mark politican.

Old bastard.[/quote]
Fuck off with yourself. You saw a guy from Dublin entering a restaurant in Dublin. It was a spot but in no say deserving of special praise. I spotted a Dublin politician on a crazy golf course in Wexford. And I had the good grace to record the spot as it happened. An above average spot.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 774762, member: 181”]As always in my reign level of detail & interaction is vital in it being declared a spot. I’ve been clear on this from the start.
For examples Fagan’s reported sighting has not been deemed worthy of a spot.

Also “Live Spots” have always benefited from a more relaxed approach when it comes to adjudication.[/quote]
Cue an influx of hastily scrambled “celeb” spots from Dublin based posters’ iPhones on absolute nobodies just because they’re live spots-get your shit together man or I will be withdrawing my support for your role here.

Get to fuck. Massive difference between the fame of Colin Farrell and Roisin Shorthall.

This has always been the way, and it has never been issue.

The only known issue of fraudulent spotting we have experienced in nearly 7 years of celeb spotting was when Mac claimed to have spotted a member of the Leinster rugby team out shopping. This spot was quickly ruled out of order and Mac banned from the thread for 2 months after it was pointed out to him that Leinster had been in France playing a match at the time of the supposed spot.

[FONT=Calibri]I know I had a nightmare in the pub on Friday night (lack of concentration, under par pun delivery, poorly thought out quips, repeating topics that had already been covered by the wider group* and so on) but farmerinthecity[/USER] is spot on here and [USER=1]Rocko should deliver an apology to the big man.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]* related to lack of concentration point.[/FONT]