Celeb Spotting 🐐

Ronan O’Gara and family (4 kids, prolific scorer) plus au pair in Shannon airport this morning. He was returning from the US on an overnight flight and was not in great form. I threw him a quick ‘ca va?’, he gave me a dirty look and I responded with a Gallic shrug. That was the end of that.

Is that a ‘disallowed’ runty?

The Rugby Rule

Who - Republic of Ireland ace, Damien Duff
Famous for - Loving his bed, always looking knackered on the field and being a thoroughly alright sort
Where - Exchequer Street, Dublin City Centre
When - Friday evening
Any other details - Duffer was walking briskly as he passed me in the seasonal Dublin rain, accompanied by a young lady who appeared slightly taller than the wing wizard but this may have been down to her choice of footwear. His dress sense didn’t impress me very much, slip on trainers with no socks, skin tight red trousers, a light jacket, topped off with a baggy grey wooly hat. His female acquaintance was a tidy bit of stuff and once they were both gone past me I was disappointed with myself for not paying more attention to her.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 787781, member: 180”]Who - Republic of Ireland ace, Damien Duff
Famous for - Loving his bed, always looking knackered on the field and being a thoroughly alright sort
Where - Exchequer Street, Dublin City Centre
When - Friday evening
Any other details - Duffer was walking briskly as he passed me in the seasonal Dublin rain, accompanied by a young lady who appeared slightly taller than the wing wizard but this may have been down to her choice of footwear. His dress sense didn’t impress me very much, slip on trainers with no socks, skin tight red trousers, a light jacket, topped off with a baggy grey wooly hat. His female acquaintance was a tidy bit of stuff and once they were both gone past me I was disappointed with myself for not paying more attention to her.[/quote]
I often wondered if he had cosmetic surgery?

Ray Darcy met Amy Huberman down the shops at the weekend. Come on Ray, post up the spot.

Who - Republic of Ireland ace, Damien Duff
Where - Hell & Back course, Bray
When - Sunday afternoon
Any other details - Duffer was after completing the 12km Hell& Back course and was covered in shite from head to toe. Respect!

(Attached photo is not mine)

[INDENT]Who - Friend of the Forum John Delaney
Famous for - being John Delaney
Where - The Mall & BOI ATM Main St. Malahide, Co. Fingal.
When - This afternoon at 15.42 pm
Any other details - I spotted John walking briskly towards the diamond as he passed the Esso garage, he crossed the road in front of me and continued to walk towards the village centre. John was talking on the phone as he walked enabling me to catch up to him and attempt to listen in on his conversation. The other party seemed to be doing most of the talking and unfortunately I was unable to glean any classified information or TFK exclusives. I stopped to use the ATM machine, John also stopped and waited his turn behind me. He was minus his suit jacket and his striped shirt was tucked in at the front but out at the back, a new fashion trend no doubt, he also wore a pair of shades. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him around a local hostelry or two later on. [/INDENT]

[quote=“Mullach Ide, post: 789878, member: 141”][INDENT]Who - Friend of the Forum John Delaney
Any other details - I spotted John walking briskly towards the diamond as he passed the Esso garage, he crossed the road in front of me and continued to walk towards the village centre. John was talking on the phone as he walked enabling me to catch up to him and attempt to listen in on his conversation. The other party seemed to be doing most of the talking and unfortunately I was unable to glean any classified information or TFK exclusives. I stopped to use the ATM machine, John also stopped and waited his turn behind me. He was minus his suit jacket and his striped shirt was tucked in at the front but out at the back, a new fashion trend no doubt, he also wore a pair of shades. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him around a local hostelry or two later on. [/INDENT][/quote]

I wouldn’t doubt it. John is a martyr for the drop.

[quote=“Mullach Ide, post: 789878, member: 141”][INDENT]Who - Friend of the Forum John Delaney
Any other details - I spotted John walking briskly towards the diamond as he passed the Esso garage, he crossed the road in front of me and continued to walk towards the village centre. John was talking on the phone as he walked enabling me to catch up to him and attempt to listen in on his conversation. The other party seemed to be doing most of the talking and unfortunately I was unable to glean any classified information or TFK exclusives. I stopped to use the ATM machine, John also stopped and waited his turn behind me. He was minus his suit jacket and his striped shirt was tucked in at the front but out at the back, a new fashion trend no doubt, he also wore a pair of shades. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him around a local hostelry or two later on. [/INDENT][/quote]
Surely you could have offered him your place in line? A small show of respect for a man that has done so much for Irish and european football.he was probably taking out a few ton to buy scoops for the hard pressed Irish soccer fans of Fingal - fair play to him.

There was no line mate, I strode purposefully straight to the ATM and only realised he was behind me after I had begun my transaction.

Live spot of Vincent Browne supping Guinness in Smyths of Haddington Road in the company of 4 other lads

Ronnie Whelan Jr. gave up his seat at Manchester airport for my nan last week. My mother was there too and they both said he’s a lovely man. Gave them a nice wave goodbye after he’d collected his baggage and all.

Have you considered the fact that your purposeful stride to the machine may have overtaken him just as he slowed to withdraw his card etc? You were behind him earlier, I’d hate to think your purposeful movements might be interpreted as rude or aggressive by Mr Delaney.

I fear Mr Delaney took his eye of the ball and was too engrossed in his telecon to fully attend to the matter in hand. I did overtake him a good 10m before the ATM. Nothing in his demenour or actions suggested an imminent visit to the ATM and I’m quite satisfied that my actions could not be construed as rude or agressive .

Who - Steve Staunton
Famous For - Being a Former Liverpool, Aston Villa and Ireland defender, a Former Irish manager and for having a comical voice
Where - Finnegans Pub in Dalkey
When - 5.30pm this evening
Attire - Stan was wearing a stone coloured shirt (top two buttons opened), dark grey suit trousers and a pair of brown loafers. A most stylish yet casual ensemble
Any other details - The Gaffer was enjoying a few social pints with two others in a secluded part of the bar. The conversation was about football, and more specifically what the current state of elite youth development in Ireland. He was drinking Smithwicks, and judging by the slightly loud level of conversation and his animation when spekaing, it was not his first by any means. Stan seemed to be in good spirits and was happy to give a friendly reply to anyone who said hello. A gentleman and a scholar.

The actor Lochlainn O’Mearain (from Ros na RĂșn, Glenroe and most recently, those Bord Bia ads about lamb, eggs etc) was also in the bar at the time, but I’d be taking the piss if I put him up as a celeb spot.

Bumper week for Finnegans.

Absolutely. I’d say they couldn’t have it any better when Bono and Michelle popped round
 and then Stan walks in.

[quote=“Blake, post: 792635, member: 1755”]
The actor Lochlainn O’Mearain (from Ros na RĂșn, Glenroe and most recently, those Bord Bia ads about lamb, eggs etc) was also in the bar at the time, but I’d be taking the piss if I put him up as a celeb spot.[/quote]

The ad for pork is gas.

HAM!!! The STAR of a million sandwiches
grrrr with his big bushy beard and earthy Irish head on him.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 792845, member: 129”]The ad for pork is gas.

HAM!!! The STAR of a million sandwiches
grrrr with his big bushy beard and earthy Irish head on him.[/quote]

He also does the voice of patrick in the irish translation of spongebob squarepants on tg4 i believe.