Celeb Spotting šŸ

2 spots today (although the second mightnā€™t count)
Who: Pat Roe
Where: Portlaoise church
When: At 11:15 Mass today
Famous for: Managing Wexford footballers and playing football and hurling for Laois. He also managed Offaly but donā€™t know if that brought him much fame.
Wearing: A brown jacket I think, I forgot to note it but I think thatā€™s what he was wearing.COuldnā€™t see apart from that.
Other: Pat seemed in good form as he played with his daughter, perhaps not always giving his full attention to the mass. He was clean shaven, which is something I donā€™t recall seeing in a long time.

Who: Pauric Lodge
When: at 11:15 mass today
Famous for: Sports reporter on Radio 1 and former correspondant on Echo Islandā€™s ā€œStringersā€ section.
Wearing: Navy Reebok Classic tennis shoes (the union jack looked untampered with from my vantage point), dark blue jeans, a navy and blue jacket.
Other: Heā€™s very tall. Iā€™ve been told that in PE class in secondary school he used interview people playing the match, rather than actually playing himself.

Iā€™m not sure if this one counts as I spotted him, noted that he looked familiar but didnā€™t realise who it was until it was pointed out to me.

Who: P-P-P-P-Pronsias De Rossa
Where: Walking down the steps of Connolly Station
When: Thursday 1.35pm
Wearing: Standard suit and tie with dark green/brown jacket and carrying either a man bag or a laptop bag, i couldnā€™t make out which it was.
Famous For: being a politician, president of Workers Party and leader of Democratic Left. Now a MEP and senior member of the Labour Party i think.

[quote=ā€œJugsā€]Who: P-P-P-P-Pronsias De Rossa
Where: Walking down the steps of Connolly Station
When: Thursday 1.35pm
Wearing: Standard suit and tie with dark green/brown jacket and carrying either a man bag or a laptop bag, i couldnā€™t make out which it was.
Famous For: being a politician, president of Workers Party and leader of Democratic Left. Now a MEP and senior member of the Labour Party i think.[/quote]

Also famous for pretending he was attacked last year.

I remember him being on radio and TV complaining about it.

Gas stuff.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ofg3_O77yJs[/ame]

[quote=ā€œgiuseppeā€]2 spots today (although the second mightnā€™t count)
Famous for: Managing Wexford footballers and playing football and hurling for Laois. He also managed Offaly but donā€™t know if that brought him much fame.
Wearing: A brown jacket I think, I forgot to note it but I think thatā€™s what he was wearing.COuldnā€™t see apart from that.
Other: Pat seemed in good form as he played with his daughter, perhaps not always giving his full attention to the mass. He was clean shaven, which is something I donā€™t recall seeing in a long time.

Who: Pauric Lodge
When: at 11:15 mass today
Famous for: Sports reporter on Radio 1 and former correspondant on Echo Islandā€™s ā€œStringersā€ section.
Wearing: Navy Reebok Classic tennis shoes (the union jack looked untampered with from my vantage point), dark blue jeans, a navy and blue jacket.
Other: Heā€™s very tall. Iā€™ve been told that in PE class in secondary school he used interview people playing the match, rather than actually playing himself.

Iā€™m not sure if this one counts as I spotted him, noted that he looked familiar but didnā€™t realise who it was until it was pointed out to me.[/quote]

pat roe isnt a celeb
pauric lodge is very very debatable - ill let flanoor captain make a call on it

Neither of them are celebs. An awful lot of spots posted here these days donā€™t have celeb status. It gets tiresome trying to keep them in check sometimes.

Who: 118
Where: Dunneā€™s Stores Portmarnock
When: 5.45pm today
Famous for: part of the 118 and Nifty 50 combination that together do the 11850 ads
Wearing: woolen hat, red raincoat type jacket, navy tracksuit bottoms, white runners
Other: He was purchasing standard groceries - small bit of fruit, biscuits I think and some general cleaning products. He didnā€™t seem to have a bag with him because he purchased two plastic bags.

Now thats a class spot by Rocko.

[quote=ā€œtherock67ā€]Who: 118
Famous for: part of the 118 and Nifty 50 combination that together do the 11850 ads
Wearing: woolen hat, red raincoat type jacket, navy tracksuit bottoms, white runners
Other: He was purchasing standard groceries - small bit of fruit, biscuits I think and some general cleaning products. He didnā€™t seem to have a bag with him because he purchased two plastic bags.[/quote]

Quality spot. How could you be sure it was him?

Who: Vincent Hogan
Famous for: Being an annoying journo with the Indo
Where: Spar, Lower Kilmacud Road, Stillorgan
When: Half an hour ago
Wearing: Black jumper, blue jeans, brown shoes
Notes: Was buying groceries, a loaf of bread and a few other things. He exited the shop and got into a gold coloured Lexus jeep.

Fairly distinctive looking

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00234/11850_234865t.jpg

[quote=ā€œgiuseppeā€]2 spots today (although the second mightnā€™t count)

[/quote]

Thats 2 spots for Pat now - one more and heā€™ll be invited to the next TFK bash.

Mmmm those two spots were deemed not to be celeb spots there Mac.

yeah, no bigotball manager or ex manager are celebs

Strange you mention he was clean shaven as well giuseppe - i dont think Iā€™ve ever seen him clean shaven before. Anyone know what team this celeb is managing now?

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]pat roe isnt a celeb
pauric lodge is very very debatable - ill let flanoor captain make a call on it[/quote]

Is that according to your gut?

ah leave him be, sure itā€™s much the same as we donā€™t see fingal as a county or LOI as sustainable, tax compliant or a sport :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ā€œtherock67ā€]Who: 118
Other: He was purchasing standard groceries - small bit of fruit, biscuits I think and some general cleaning products. He didnā€™t seem to have a bag with him because he purchased two plastic bags.[/quote]

Finally one to rival Desailly in the strip club.

Who:Ian Dempsey
Where: Lower Baggot Street
When: 2.25pm Friday
Famous For: Former Den presenter and current Today FM Radio Presenter.
Wearing: Fooked if I can remember.
Other: Ian was sitting in his car for about 10 minutes, obviously waiting to go to a meeting, he then left his car and walked down Herbert Street.

Maria Doyle Kennedy, vocalist and actress, maybe best known nowadays for roles in The Commitments and The Tudors.

Where and what: buying among other things a 5kg bag of roosters in Superquinn Kimmage.

When: saturday 5.30pm ish.

Other stuff: had a sprog in the trolley and in truth was a bit withered looking but checked her out and wiki has her down as 44 so id say she looks her age

I used to think she was a bit of a MILF back in 2002/03 so Iā€™m disappointed to learn of these latest developments.