Celeb Spotting 🐐

But the chips in Burger King are rotten.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Your surmising is accurate Locke. Anyway I know ye think I’m taking the piss here but I’ve to relay a celeb spot…

Who: Gary O’Brien

When: 3.45am Saturday morning

Where: Burger King (Upper) Grafton Street

Famous for: Superb anchor of AtTheRaces Irish coverage.

Company: Two Jack-The-Lad types

Other notes: Nothing of note, just another bog standard Gary O’Brien spot. Surely this gives him the trophy outright?[/quote]

Who: Gary O’Brien

When: 7-8 thursday evening
Where: PSLC

Company: 9 random friends

Other notes: playing 5 a side football

[quote=“north county corncrake”]Who: Gary O’Brien

When: 7-8 thursday evening
Where: PSLC

Company: 9 random friends

Other notes: playing 5 a side football[/quote]

Last thursday evening or every Thursday evening?! :smiley:

11 days since the last spot. Nobody getting out and about anymore?

I had two near misses at the weekend Gaillimh.

They were:

Who: That guy from the IT crowd who’s not the Irish guy and not the girl
Where: Brick Lane, London
What: Cycling in an upright style
Wearing: Long coat, brown trousers
Reason for invalidity: Couldn’t confirm spot. Half chased after him but I’m not good at recognising people so needed Mrs Rock to confirm. She wasn’t committed so rated it at 50% likely. Not good enough for me so not counting it.

Who: Kevin something, presents Grand Designs
Where: Ryanair aircraft from London Stansted to Dublin
Wearing: Brown coat, jeans
Reason not counted: Closer inspection confirmed this was someone else entirely. Indeed the similarity was only evident from one viewing angle.

Disappointing to make the long trip to the mainland and still not see any celebs. Need to change my routine badly to try and cross some celeb paths.

If you don’t know the name, they’re not a celeb.

never mind the fact that it wasnt even him at all! :smiley:

I thought I knew his name. I even typed it in as Kevin McLeod. Then I remembered that’s someone else’s name - that’s the ex-Celtic Chief Executive I think. But I’d already started typing so I continued.

Better to have looked and lost than never to have looked for celebs at all.

Went to the Subway in the airport in the attempt to get some sort of a spot for this thread but to no avail. Guess I’ll have to head to the local SuperValu and stalk Jessica Fletcher again.

Who: Barry Egan
Where: Mayor Street, IFSC
What: Walking towards Harbourmaster pub
Wearing: Jeans, brown jacket, raggedy shirt, stupid head
AOB: It was before the final result of COTY so I was unable to ask him to pass on his congratulations to his colleague. I did however nod at him, and I think in that moment, we both wept a little inside for the loss from these fair shores, of the late, much lamented Katy French.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Who: Barry Egan
Where: Mayor Street, IFSC
What: Walking towards Harbourmaster pub
Wearing: Jeans, brown jacket, raggedy shirt, stupid head
AOB: It was before the final result of COTY so I was unable to ask him to pass on his congratulations to his colleague. I did however nod at him, and I think in that moment, we both wept a little inside for the loss from these fair shores, of the late, much lamented Katy French.[/quote]

have seen him aplenty, he always looks like a tramp and a bit depressed, you may have answered the depression bit for me there, he is still mourning. ill be more forgiving the next time

He also had a heart warming piece in last weeks Sindo about the loss of his dear friend Patrick Rocca, who he was best-man, accompanied by a photo of them both in jovial spirits on Patricks wedding day.

it looks like its not a great idea to befriend this fuck!
no wonder he looks miserable, his social circle are dropping like flies

Who: Cacio legend, ‘Thunderboots’ Gigi Riva
Where: Via Roma, Cagliari
What: Casually strolling the streets of picturesque Cagliari, brousing the shopfronts. Gigi Was wearing large classy Italian shades and was well dressed in slacks and jacket. He carried a Rinascenti(Italian Brown Thomas) bag.
AOB: I got a semi in the presence of this football legend.

Best Friend Forever

[quote=“therock67”]I had two near misses at the weekend Gaillimh.

They were:

Who: That guy from the IT crowd who’s not the Irish guy and not the girl
Where: Brick Lane, London
What: Cycling in an upright style
Wearing: Long coat, brown trousers
Reason for invalidity: Couldn’t confirm spot. Half chased after him but I’m not good at recognising people so needed Mrs Rock to confirm. She wasn’t committed so rated it at 50% likely. Not good enough for me so not counting it.

Who: Kevin something, presents Grand Designs
Where: Ryanair aircraft from London Stansted to Dublin
Wearing: Brown coat, jeans
Reason not counted: Closer inspection confirmed this was someone else entirely. Indeed the similarity was only evident from one viewing angle.

Disappointing to make the long trip to the mainland and still not see any celebs. Need to change my routine badly to try and cross some celeb paths.[/quote]

Its just betting better and better between you and NCC; How’s Bondage getting on with your new BFF

[quote=“Juhniallio”]Who: Cacio legend, ‘Thunderboots’ Gigi Riva
Where: Via Roma, Cagliari
What: Casually strolling the streets of picturesque Cagliari, brousing the shopfronts. Gigi Was wearing large classy Italian shades and was well dressed in slacks and jacket. He carried a Rinascenti(Italian Brown Thomas) bag.
AOB: I got a semi in the presence of this football legend.[/quote]

Is that a genuine spot juhniallio?

fuckin hell thats a winner right there.
puts all those spots of no mark gah-men in the backarse of the country in the shade.
hats of to you juhniallio for that excellent spotting of a genuine legend.

Richard Ayoade is a bonafide comedy legend. Savage spot.

Are you sure it was Gigi Rava, Juhy? That’s a spot of epic proportions.

Gigi Rava my arse. Richard Ayoade is a much bigger deal than some ladyboy called Gigi.

If rhat Gigi Riva spot is genuine it’ll take a fair bit to beat it in 2009. I think most football fans would have heard of him alright but there’s no fucking way I would have recognised him if he passed me in the street. The only person on this forum who I would have expected to recognise him would be Puke, what with his encyclopaedic knowledge of late 60’s/early 70’s Italian football.