Celeb Spotting šŸ

Think itā€™s the Sean Oā€™Casey bridge heā€™s on about Sledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se%C3%A1n_Oā€™Casey_Bridge

[quote=ā€œSledgehammerā€]Itā€™s the James Joyce bridge you uncultured rural oaf.

Good work on the shouting although Iā€™d say you were lying on that front.

I saw him outside the Harbourmaster a few months ago, he must live around here.[/quote]

Eh its called the Sean O Casey bridge, the one that motorbike couriers seem to think they can drive over the bridge.

[quote=ā€œSledgehammerā€]Itā€™s the James Joyce bridge you uncultured rural oaf.

Good work on the shouting although Iā€™d say you were lying on that front.

I saw him outside the Harbourmaster a few months ago, he must live around here.[/QUOTE]
Oā€™Casey bridge is the one that I was talking about.
I kept it simple so poeple would be able to picture the location in their head.
Rather than just come out with the hard facts I like my posts to paint a picture and tell a story.
You canā€™t get more cultured than that.
Yours in knowing my bridges but not having to show off,
GSH.

Sledge is seething

He must be going crazy.
My reference to the IFSC should have been a clue.
Of course, if Sledge didnā€™t know what the IFSC is or where it is in our Nations Capital then itā€™s not his fault.
Having said that he does know that the Harbourmaster is in the IFSC area and not up around Benburb street so I think it was just a brain fart on his part and not ignorance.
Still though, Sledge stock is nosediving this morning.

Yours etc,
GSH.

just goes to show you, being an uncultured rural oaf will stand more to you than being a little knowitall urban dwelling rat

But I live in the sticks.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Who: Dave Coffey.

Famous for: Writing and starring in RTE comedy ā€˜Dan and Becsā€™.

Where: The 51, Haddington Road, Dublin 4 and Oā€™Donoghueā€™s, Merrion Row, Dublin 2.

When: St Patrickā€™s Day - 4pm to 6pm in the former and also spotted him around 9pm in the latter.

Other information: Dave was wearing a green t-shirt and jeans. He approached the bar in The 51 at one stage and said, ā€˜Can I order a BLT please?ā€™ He was with a few other people and there was a tidy little unit hanging around near enough to him all the time - mini skirt and brown leather boots, very tanned, brown eyes - you get the drift.[/quote]

Ah jaysis Bandage. Heā€™s one of my best mates. Canā€™t tell him heā€™s in a ā€œCeleb Spottingā€ thread though or his ego will go skyward. Again.

To steal from corncrakeā€™s phrasebook:

ā€˜thinly veiledā€™, I hang around with the celebrity set and get free into Krystle at weekends post. :rolleyes:

James Joyce Bridge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Joyce_Bridge

Yes yes Ben, thank you, itā€™s OK, I just got mixed up

Not aimed at you Sledge, just making sure our country cousins know there is actually a James Joyce Bridge;).

whats a bridge?

A peice of architecture that makes it possible to cross over a mass of water.

You mean one of them tyres with the rope tied onto itā€¦

It doesnā€™t even have to be architectural. A wind that blows a tree spanning a river is just as much a bridge as some lad charging 400 million to put some concrete and steel across it.
Of course down the country we have bridges that donā€™t just cross a mass of water. We have bridges over railway lines and bridges over roads etc.
You need to get out of D1/D2 more. See the world.

I propose that the Liffey should be filled in and brought up to the level of the quays. Then make it into a ten lane road. No more north and south side and no more money wasted on bridges or sidewalks which are basically oudoor decking for junkies.

Yours etc,
GSH.

[quote=ā€œGarda Sean Horganā€]It doesnā€™t even have to be architectural. A wind that blows a tree spanning a river is just as much a bridge as some lad charging 400 million to put some concrete and steel across it.
Of course down the country we have bridges that donā€™t just cross a mass of water. We have bridges over railway lines and bridges over roads etc.

I propose that the Liffey should be filled in and brought up to the level of the quays. Then make it into a ten lane road. No more north and south side and no more money wasted on bridges or sidewalks which are basically oudoor decking for junkies.

Yours etc,
GSH.[/quote]
I know D2 very well, itā€™s got a nice beer garden for a summers dusk. Whereā€™s this D1 pub though, never heard of it!

[quote=ā€œGarda Sean Horganā€]It doesnā€™t even have to be architectural. A wind that blows a tree spanning a river is just as much a bridge as some lad charging 400 million to put some concrete and steel across it.

Yours etc,
GSH.[/quote]

where will the junkies go then?

The bridges over the Dodder I assume, failing that maybe theyā€™ll use the footbridges in southside Dart stations.