Celebrity Deaths 2007

Go on sure replace one.

I’ll take out Bella from Fair City and replace him with Sir Alex Ferguson.

im gonna push the boat out and go for a freekick member. maybe through a “Cormac Mc Anallen” style heart attack

Life assurance protects dependents financially when a loved one dies

This is about winning a bet

Most life assurance is not about protection, rather it’s a form of saving with a bonus payable on death.

Anybody say her? Is she a celebrity?

Playboy model and reality TV star Anna Nicole Smith has died in Florida. She was 39.

Seminole police chief Charlie Tiger said that Smith was found in a hotel room at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel.

“The cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner,” said Tiger.

AdvertisementHe added that police were not treating the case as a crime or a suicide.

Smith, who checked into the hotel on Monday, was found unconscious in her hotel room and efforts to revive her failed.

Her death follows the death of her 20-year-old son Daniel in the Bahamas last September.

Smith gave birth to a baby girl last September, who has been at the centre of a paternity case.

Born Vicki Lynn Hogan in Mexia, Texas in 1967, Smith rose to fame as a Playboy model but became internationally known for her 12-year legal battle over her elderly billionaire husband’s estate.

She had married the oil tycoon J Howard Marshall in 1994 when she was 26 and he was 89.

From a quick review of the list I don’t think anybody had her.

Onwards we go with the competition.

I’ve decided I want in on this. Can I go with:

Nicole Richie
The Queen
Alex Ferguson

If I win I ask for nothing more than to be credited with the average score from the first round of the prediction league?

Can’t believe nobody had Yeltsin.

Clarkey you have Ferguson and Bandage already had him so you need to change.

Boris what a legend. I wasn’t drunk. :drink:

some classic clips of Yeltsin on the news today - one where he was performing a drunken dance on stage in front of thousands of people who turned up for some political rally or something and another where he was walking into a room to give a press conference and two old biddies (probably politicians) were sitting at a table. when Boris passes behind them he pinches one in the lower back and she jumps about 2 feet off the chair then he gives the other a rub on the shoulder and a big sleazy smile. All this in full view of the cameras. legend

The whole county board in Wexford GAA if they dont get us to the All Ireland!ha nah seriously I have to say Pete Doherty…waster an dKate Moss if she dont get away from him.

We have a few new members so I thought I’d bring this thread to their attention. Competition is still open for anyone who thinks somebody might be on the way out.

Clarkey you still need to change one from a double post of Alex Ferguson.

Just a quick clarification on the rules: you can’t choose people with pre-existing serious medical conditions that are well known in the public domain.

2 months ago i would have put serious money on the english prince harry.

now…i’ll go for
ronnie drew.
sophia loren
jamie oliver (more in hope than expectation)

I’ll change to Nicole Richie so.

Ah crap I’ve just spotted she was in my original three. I’ll go for David Beckham.

josepi73 wrote:

2 months ago i would have put serious money on the english prince harry.

now…i’ll go for
ronnie drew.
sophia loren

Ronnie Drew is a cracking shout - wouldn’t be surprised if he won you the money.

therock67 wrote:

josepi73 wrote:

[quote]2 months ago i would have put serious money on the english prince harry.

now…i’ll go for
ronnie drew.
sophia loren

Ronnie Drew is a cracking shout - wouldn’t be surprised if he won you the money.[/quote]

Did he not have an operation for throat cancer or something a few months back?

That would be a dubious/controversial inclusion given the ‘can’t have had a pre-existing illness’ rule.

I think everyone named will have had some sort of health scare in the past. It can’t be a hard and fast rule about illnesses - it’s more the spirit of the competition. If someone’s at death’s door then it’s bad form to include them in the list. Someone who’s maybe a touch elderly and frail is fair game I’d have said.

Apparently he is back on the sauce as well despite having to be teetotal for health reasons so that is a good shout