Celebrity Deaths - 2017

RIP

Very young too

Mick Doyle was an awful cunt

He was a shit driver.

RIP Willie Duggan a bad year for legendary no 8s :hushed:

1 Like

One of the great Irish sportsmen who had the good grace to be from Kilkenny gone from us.

RIP Willie

3 Likes

I had a brief encounter with the late Willie in 1981.
We were in a nightclub in Cardiff in the aftermath of a 9-8 defeat to Wales drinking in the company of the Pontypool front row, who hadn’t bothered their holes with the post match Dinner.
This chance eventuality came about courtesy of the former Wales and Lions flanker John Taylor who was staying in the same hotel as us and invited us along.

Around midnight in sallies the intrepid Willie accompanied by Fergus Slattery, both in dress suits sans ties.
Duggan spots Bobby Windsor and hails him with “Windsor you black looking bastard” before throwing the eye on the table and summarising “Pints all round lads” as he ambles to the bar where Slattery is standing beside a few fine looking tarts.
Duggan saunters up, shuffles into a space and squeezes the arse of the one nearest to Slattery who promptly spins about and lashes the face off Slattery.

He appeared to be a jovial sort, the light of Heaven to him. (Cute that).

14 Likes

Hold on a minute, you come on here giving it loads and playing the twee bogger routine but your are actually a rogbee loving west Brit?

5 Likes

I heard Slats on the radio yesterday. He sounded shattered. The two of them soldiered together for a long time for Blackrock College, Leinster and Ireland.

That @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy clown should take himself off to one of the NRL threads to discuss his beloved Australian Rugby League.

1 Like

Seriously lads, take it to the right thread and no one will bother you.

1 Like

Willie Duggan was box office. A celebrity.

I, and many others never heard of him, mate. When did he play, 60s/70s? Rugby barely existed back then.

1 Like

Stand down mate. Just, stand down.

Standards are standards, bro.

I wont request it of you again.

I dont think anyone is interested in your standards pal. Thats the thing

An amateur sport back then played in a few countries as opposed to a professional “sport” now still played in just a few countries

They’re forum standards, kid.

When forum heavyweights like boxty and geoff, who werent still a twinkle in their Daddys eye when Slattery Duggan and O Driscoll were marauding around Europe and starring for the Lions, give Willie Duggan the nod then hes a celebrity. Capiche :ok_hand:

Now up your game son or fuck off

Forum heavyweights :rofl:

Don’t be silly