Celebrity Deaths - 2017

You put a big effort into being a obtuse cunt on the Celebrity Deaths thread.

Is it because you’re a Cork Cunt now?

What’s your problem ? I’m supposed to say he was great at everything because he has died? I enjoyed some stuff he did and I didn’t care for other stuff… fuck off for yourself you gowl.

1 Like

he had a good one about a black boxer didnt he who was wearing luminous boots at the olympics, Jimmy said if the lights went out you wont see “Leroy” but youll see his boots.

1 Like

You know nothin’. You’re too young to appreciate peak Jimmy

4 Likes

There’s that too.

I’d start by not being a cunt on the thread. That usually will solve the problem of you being a cunt on the thread.

Good effort trying to re-identify with Limerick by using ‘gowl’ it must have killed you not to type ‘boy’.

2 Likes

One of my abiding memories of my youth is Jimmy Magee doing the Ulster Championship on UTV.

I’ll say it again, Peter Canavan is some footballer.

RIP Jimmy.

1 Like

I’ll do as I like where I like. I’m not here to play up to or appease anyone you shitbag.

Don’t be getting all prissy because other people don’t act how you want them to, you control freak.

If you dislike Carthage Buckley that much you would have loved to have been at the 1999 O’Byrne Cup final, which he refereed. His brother was an umpire and got a heart attack about 12 yards in front of where I was standing, and died later in hospital. Carthage was visibly upset as things unfolded.

Barry Davies of the BBC missed it too and was wondering why the English players were appealing for offside.

Cork Cunt Rattled Stage 11.

I’m not the one crying here, mate… Shove it up your bollox… it’s not my fault your dead hero was boring, at times.

I never said he was my hero. I just said that you were fond of acting the cunt.

I don’t think you can call that crying but I’ve clearly touched a nerve judging by your level of seething.

For some reason RTE seemed to have overdubbed Jimmys original “Different Class” commentary with a shite one he did from a studio in Montrose - This piece features the original and best…

1 Like

@croppy_boy has policed this thread for anyone who has a bad word about Jimmy.

:joy:

Ah here …

Jimmy Magee was a terrible GAA commentator. I actually made a reference to this the other night when a clip of Vinny Murphy’s deflected goal in the 1989 Leinster final was played on Up For The Match.

I felt it was no coincidence that Ulster teams stopped winning the All-Ireland in 1995, the same year UTV took over coverage of the Ulster Championship from BBC and Magee was let behind the microphone. UTV’s production felt really half-assed compared to the superb BBC production that had been there from 1990 to 1994, led by the incomparable “voice of the Ulster Championship”, Jimmy Smyth, on commentary. When BBC regained the rights from 1999 on and Smyth returned to commentary duties, a great Armagh team that would bring the All-Ireland back to Ulster unsurprisingly emerged.

Somewhere in Dublin there lies a tape of that Tyrone-Derry match in 1995 with Smyth commentating on it for RTE, who employed him and Peter McGinnity on a freelance basis for selected Ulster championship matches that summer.

Nah just one (Cork) prick who thinks it’s funny to get a reaction by being a cunt on this thread.

No one here looked for a reaction – you’re just a little fanny.

:rollseyes: