The Seething thread

What kind of gimps still use parking discs? Park magic app allow you to park anywhere in Limerick in 1/2 hour slots, and will send you a text ten minutes before itā€™s expired giving you the option to extend it. Fuck sake lads.

4 Likes

The last 100 posts should be in the Roasters thread. Iā€™m seething here.

4 Likes

The app is a great job.

@ChocolateMice is seething that I said heā€™s been acting the cunt on the Celebrity Deaths 2017 thread.

Thereā€™s only one person seething on this forum this morning and thatā€™s you and @Juhniallio ā€“ Iā€™ve right good pep in my step these days, so I does.

I just asked why you like to be a cunt on a thread. I hardly think that can be deemed as seething.

Unlike this:

Thatā€™s a perfectly normal post by me, you stupid fucktard.

1 Like

Tfk ahead of the curve on Limerick matters yet again

Two people.

2 Likes

Fuck upā€¦

1 Like

They are clean/clane useless. Youā€™d have to be fierce unlucky to get a ticket. The amount of double parking/parking on double yellows that goes on is unbelievable. Constantly cars abandoned on Oā€™Connell Street, Henry street and all the streets in between. Youā€™d rarely if ever get to drive up Oā€™Connell street without having to move out of your lane to avoid a car double parked. Savage annoying when traffic is bad. The worst parking of all is outside the Garda station on Henry street, presumably the guards themselves, always on 3 or 4 cars on double yellows at the corner there.
I believe as you said above the council go easy on motorists as they donā€™t want to completely shut down retail in the city, and itā€™s actually their policy to be lenient.
I recently witnessed a lad pull into a loading zone and park up in front of the warden. Warden says ā€œsorry this is a loading zoneā€ and your man says ā€œitā€™s grand sure Iā€™m just grabbing a coffeeā€ and walks off, as did the warden. Theyā€™d have your clamped in Dublin if you even thought about it. #thatdidhappen
I was somewhere in Tipp a few months back, (canā€™t remember where maybe Cahir) and went into the shop to get a parking disc. Oh your grand she says heā€™s on holidays this week. :grinning:

7 Likes

If youā€™ve confused the word seething with working., then yes.

2 Likes

What work did you do on the forum mate ? I havenā€™t noticed anything different to be honest

2 Likes

I only know one of the traffic wardens in Limerick City. A Clareman who used to be secretary of Na Piarsaigh.

I babysat @toddlermice for a few hours. Pain in the arse to be honest.

I never knew it was only ā‚¬40 for a parking fine in Limerick. Thatā€™s a bargain to be fair. Iā€™m all my driving life (about 15yrs) parking in Limerick city without a proper disc and Iā€™ve never got a parking fine. I can count on one hand the amount of times iā€™ve paid for parking in Limerick, whether that be using a car park or buying a parking disc. I estimate iā€™ve saved many hundreds of Euros taking this approach. Youā€™d want to be very bad at the ancient battle of wits with traffic wardens to get caught in Limerick.

One trick I use is I throw up an old parking disc scratched out for March or whenever it was. If the warden is only half doing his job heā€™ll glance at my windscreen and see the disc but it takes a special kind of jobsworth in my experience whoā€™ll come over and inspect the finer details of the displayed disc. Iā€™m not going to disclose any more tips from my successful strategy for going undetected by the traffic wardens of Limerick. But its not rocket science.

5 Likes

Do they clamp in Limerick or just give tickets?

How many discs did you have to buy as part of this method?

Tickets. Easier put it on the window and run.

I have a grand parking spot in the taxi rank at the side of Debenhams down towards Hook and Ladder, Iā€™ve never seen a taxi on that rank in the daytime, years parking there and never had a ticket yet, youā€™d be a mug to buy a disk or that park magic yoke
The Limerick wardens are A1.