Celebrity Deaths - 2017

RIP Jurgen Klopp

Anyone have Charlie Manson? Rushed to hospital in a bad way apparently.

Did he get married during the week?

Edit: No that was Charles Bronson

Thought you were on about the actor there, was like: “Fuck he can’t be still alive??” (spoiler alert: he isn’t). Had never heard of this other chap before.

1 Like

Malcolm Young guitarist and founder of AC/DC. RIP.

1 Like

Ah no. George died a few weeks ago as well.

Hopefully he’s not on the Highway to Hell.

RIP

1 Like

Crazy bastard

Jana Novotna, 49 :eek:

Ah no. Was she sick ?

Cancer.

It is with deep sadness that the WTA announces the passing on Sunday, November 19, of Jana Novotna, the former WTA World No.1 doubles and No.2 singles champion. After a long battle with cancer, Jana died peacefully, surrounded by her family in her native Czech Republic, aged 49.

She made an awful show of herself after losing the Wimbledon final one year.

She merely showed disappointment my friend, and perhaps a bit of mental weakness some would suggest. I suppose if she was a horse and did that, some cunt of a trainer would have considered shooting her.

It’s hardly surprising she showed emotiin after that, being in a seemingly unassailable lead as I remember only for Graf to come storming back. She endeared herself to mst people that day. Very sad news.

2 Likes

At least she came back and won it eventually.

The Duchess of Kent showed a real maternal side and gave the sobbing Jana a big hug and cuddle after that heartbreaking loss. Was it 1993?

2 Likes

Sad news.

Malcom Gladwell wrote a smashing article about that Wimbledon final. The art of failure it was called. One for @caoimhaoin

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://academics.wellesley.edu/Polisci/Han/Pol199/Syllabus/Gladwell-ChokingPanic.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiirPO168zXAhVFB8AKHb7oCtQQFggzMAE&usg=AOvVaw0A0CcZqlx_Z0YZXn3n8qbq

Horses are mentally stronger than humans.

You’d never see a horse in floods of tears after a heartbreaking defeat.

3 Likes

If they were stronger they wouldn’t let midgets beat them with whips bro.

2 Likes