Celebrity Deaths 2023

Jesus. The Grim Reaper is having some day of it.

Blood Meridian is the most terrifying novel I have read.

1 Like

Judge Holden is scary as fuck.

1 Like

RIP Christy.

College nights. Made in Dublin on the Aiwa stereo before heading into the Palace. A pound fifty a drink. Home, N64 and Made in Dublin to the early hours.

A great album.

1 Like

Cormac McCarthy RIP

Twas impossible not to be mouldy coming out of the Palace those days. The lads mustā€™ve played DCU 2-3 times a year every year.

RIP Christy.

Aslan played the Castle Night Club in Enniscorthy the night before the Ireland Cameroon match in 2002 WC and Christy refused to sing a few bars of the World Cup song as he told the crowd it was ā€˜shiteā€™

1 Like

Iā€™d forgotten this till it was on the News there. Iconic

6 Likes

I never save that before, itā€™s powerful, his voice is incredible

1 Like

Look at the last 20 seconds and look at the glint in Finbarrs eye as he looks at Christy. Itā€™s pure class.

1 Like

RIP to Christy. He had a long, tough battle and he met his fate head on in fairness to him.
Iā€™ve only heard the wan oulā€™ song of his thatā€™s rolled out on these occasions but it looks as if weā€™ve just barely dodged the expense of a state funeral. He was well liked for all the shenanigansā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FinbarFurey/status/1668683184031014920?t=Lxp_OrIAjE2VAeQxVPiibw&s=19

This Is was a belter. One of the great Irish songs.

2 Likes

Heā€™s watching him like a hawk the whole way through to try and stay in time

Iā€™m slightly taken aback at the outpouring of love for Christy. He always seemed a likeable sort but I had no idea he was as popular as he seems to be.

Eh, is that not common enough in Ireland though?

Maybe it is. The scale of it just surpised me.
PS
If you died Iā€™d organise Alan Milton to do the press release and Roy Curtis to do the eulogy

8 Likes

Heā€™s our Princess Diana

2 Likes

Iā€™d the the associations Princess Diana

1 Like

He just keeps hitting the spot
Extraordinary
https://twitter.com/roycurtis68/status/1668659088639623173?s=46&t=pBoz6vwJNpAFZhshXLNoZg

Wanker