Celebrity Deaths 2023

You’d need to have Andy Mcentee as pallbearer .

1 Like

With Johnny Doyle and Leighton Glynn. Micko would drive the herse

1 Like

Longford’s Mickey Quinn will miss the county final (again) to assist will pall-bearing duties.

Plenty wouldn’t be fans of the music but the story of a lad who was sexually abused as a kid, got heavily stuck into heroin and came out the right side of it is very hard to not like and admire. And some of the music he wrote was magical. Crazy World gets the attention but This is, Chains, Lucy Jones were (and are) all quality.

Others like him ended up dead in a gutter but he somehow made good of it. He seemed like a space cadet at times and his voice was wrecked the last 10 years but like the clip with Finbarr Furey, he still had something about him.

1 Like

That’s class.

1 Like

Took me a while to realise Mac wasn’t talking about my life

That’s when I twigged it .

You calling me a left footer….?

Glenda Jackson RIP

3 Likes

Dave Fannyhead must not have been his biggest fan. His interview with Scare Byrne yesterday wasn’t exactly complimentary. Must not have got the memo.

2 Likes

He’d be billing mileage from Waterville though

Micko is a sad case of late I believe.

Yep, but fairly spot on if you think of the bigger picture, but if they were able to survive for years playing gigs and make a living, that’s good enough for me. But maybe it was a case of having to work/gig all the time to make a living. Either way, better than laying blocks!

One good song, and tip away for life playing it. Mundy is warming up for 2 weeks time already I’d say.

1 Like

What did he say?

They were on about Christy on Nova and how he used to slate certain RTE staff. Fanning sprang to my mind for some reason.

I had almost forgotten about the story years ago I heard from a Bloke from Dolans told me all the fellas from Aslan were trying to score heroin off him even tho they were all meant to have gone through rehab. Then they were telling him not to tell the other fellas. Plus one of them kept sleazing on teenagers….

https://twitter.com/SamanthaLibreri/status/1670001211444002817?t=9Lv100U2bZR9ebCvR0oJTA&s=19

4 Likes

That’s just amazing