Celebrity Deaths 2023

Denny Laine

Benjamin Zephaniah RIP

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Taj_Ali1/status/1732723235962093780?t=46ntQhJ0D-S4nfnNfy1e0w&s=19

2 Likes
1 Like

Barry Lyndon is a master piece.

2 Likes

A lot of it filmed in the parish of Ballygunner, Waterford.

Things i learned today…

The duelling scene with Leonard Rossiter was filmed about 10 yards from what became our back garden.

I’m surprised there was never a documentary or a book about the filming of Barry Lyndon in Waterford. Half the town were extras in it in that battle scene at the start of the film on what was Mrs Gossips farm and which became Ballinakill Park.

Kubrick was paranoid about being targeted by the Provos and wrapped up filming early after receiving a threat from the local brigade. Probably some boozehound ringing in from a coinbox in the Ostman.

6 Likes

The incomparable Mr Rigsby.

2 Likes

Mr Perrin if you please

In my opinion, Barry Lyndon stands as an exemplary cinematic masterpiece, each scene akin to a Caravaggio painting in its meticulous craftsmanship. The use of Seán Ó Riada’s opus by the Chieftains “Mna Na Eireann,” in Kubrick’s score serves as a testament to his meticulous attention to detail. It is a profound cinematic experience and if you haven’t watched it do it soon!

4 Likes

John Lydon (née Rotten) had the soundtrack as his favourite album. Not wrong.

1 Like

It is at once an entirely preposterous and quite brilliant film. I first watched it when I was 14, god knows how many times since.
I’ll have to dust it off over the festive season.

1 Like

Ah, did Joe out of the Royle Family die?
He was a great character.

And a few more there that I’d forgotten about.

1 Like

And that tree isn’t technically dead yet…

Aw man.

Fuck. That’s sad. A young man

1 Like