Celebrity Deaths 2024 (90 or younger)

I’d never heard tell of him until last night.

2 Likes

It’s very easy for oul’ codgers like us to have never heard of people who have become famous since reality TV and social media kicked in and popular music essentially died.

2 Likes

That’s it basically.

Same except only heard it this morning.

https://twitter.com/MRMIKEYGRAHAM/status/1846686922321592610

There’s a book in there somewhere.

I didn’t realise that Cheryl Tweedy was a judge on X Factor when Liam Payne first appeared aged 14.

Naive of me, but why didn’t they just quit and get a regular day job.

REM split, so Stipe did indeed quit. Yorke took a break for quote some time but going back touring again.

Not sure why they’d go get a “real job” when they were incredibly wealthy people though.

There’s no pressure gauge monitor which tells you when you’re going to break down.

They could just stop touring. Robbie Williams was another one. Moaning about being famous.

Robbie stepped away from the industry for the past decade or so due to wanting to take a break. Hes back with a new film after that break now.

REM and Radiohead stopped touring.

Wealth doesn’t insulate you from mental illness.

There was a good behind the scenes documentary about that US Radiohead tour, they were waking up in cities and didn’t even know where they were.

Hours on the bus, hotel, play a gig, back on the bus to another hotel and another gig. I’d say the novelty wears off after a while.

2 Likes

Ha, it must be the same for loads of bands.

Fame is an addiction, a lifeline and a poison for the famous.

When you’re famous everything is possible and when everything is possible you want even more than is possible and you want more and more and more and you also simultaneously desperately want to escape it all.

And the people you mix with tend to also be trapped in the same headspace. And everybody takes advantage of each other.

The son Liam Payne had with Cheryl Cole is surely short odds to end up dead by 33. Imagine growing up and there being footage of your mother meeting your father for the first time when she was an adult and he was a 14 year old child and her clearly having her eye on him as he serenaded her and this footage being all over the INTERNET, never to be forgotten, especially because your father ended up jumping out a window in Buenos Aires and it was world news. And you’re called a ridiculous name because that’s what celebrities do.

If it was a man it would be called grooming.fuckin sick to be honest

I’m sure having a kid with her at 24 and them splitting up a year later didn’t help his demeanour much either

There are too many beautiful celebrities available for other beautiful celebrities to fuck.

They all want to fuck each other and end up fucking themselves.