Celebrity Deaths 2024 (play either flank of a back 4)

That was a very nasty post wishing ill on you by him.

1 Like

He means well.

Well if I had nothing good to say I’d just say nothing. No need to dance on anybody’s grave.

Still waiting on that 32 county Republic.

You’re a very decent man to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I’d question his character and judge thereof.

1 Like

John didn’t want a republic. He preferred to abase himself before the monarchy.

Perhaps. But I’ll make the point that every single Republican has died with that failure and it will likely will not change given current demographics.

Overall the negotiation and constitutional approach to Irish independence has proven to be the winner, over and over again.

@Kyle

Current Minister for Justice gets one as well.
I used live near Noonan at that time…

‘Please, please, please give us back our peace!!’

Bruton after Canary Wharf.

Genius.

Was he known as “John of the 1000 acres” or am I mistaken? Nothing wrong with a owning land btw.

A few other things have come to mind when Bruton was made Taoiseach:

• He walked out onto the steps of Government Buildings with Spring and De Rossa and got their synced stop wrong which meant Bruton was on a lower step to the others. Bruton tried to rectify it by stepping back up at the same time as the other two stepped down! It was great craic watching it.
  • He made some comment (off mic but was on mic) about being happy that Charlie Bird wasn’t around as he wouldn’t be asked about ‘The fucking peace process!!’

I see 70+ unread posts and dip in to see what gives.

Almost sorry to have him gone and only eligible for one more COTY campaign.

Bruton was widely respected on the mainland, sad to see the dead being attacked like this

6 Likes

How so? The country was partitioned on the back of negotiation… Tho you can rightly argue that die had already been cast.

The fact is the threat of violence won on both sides during 1914-22 period, both in the north and south, and the partition of the country only pushed that inevitable violence down the road. Negotiate has achieved very little, it was violence that has nearly always won. Hopefully, those days are long gone.

Hate to be awkward, but how come you haven’t won independence so?

While Bruton was undoubtedly a cunt, it’s sad that he tarnished the reputation of a wonderful rainbow government that helped so many.

What happened the great negotiated Sunningdale agreement?

Well said.

I remember that day.
When asked how he felt about having formed a new rainbow government.
He said “astonished”!

1 Like