Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Just seeing this post now. TFKBRECSC is open to new members - why didnā€™t your join our club? I didnā€™t actually know there was a CSC in Bournemouth either.

They told me i had to be an official member if I wanted to go and see Shebeen next month so I joined there and then

I think Iā€™ve seen Shebeen before but I hear theyā€™re exclusively playing songs off their new album and not doing any traditional rebel songs on this pre-Christmas tour.

Surely Pat fenlon will be the running to be next glasgow celtic manager when Lennon is inevitably poached by one of the english clubs.
it would certainly flog a good few more jerseys south of the border and might even get a few celtic stores open around the country.

I just want to vent my frustration at Celtic Football Club for denying me close to ā‚¬200 in successive weeks due to two below par performances.

Lenny, please donā€™t let the mid week heroics distract you from the weekend bread and butter, you cunt.

Iā€™ve been looking at Champions League group permutations. The table as things stand is as follows:

Barca 9
Celtic 7
Benfica 4
Spartak 3

Celtic can still finish in any position from 1st to 4th inclusive.

Remaining fixtures are:
Match Day 5: Benfica v Celtic & Spartak v Barca
Match Day 6: Celtic v Spartak & Barca v Benfica

Worst Case Scenario: Celtic lose both games and Spartak defeat Barca - Celtic finish 4th.
Best Case Scenario: Celtic get a score draw or better away to Benfica and Spartak fail to beat Barca - Celtic guaranteed 2nd with a game to spare.
Other Scenarios: A Celtic loss in Lisbon would see Benfica go ahead of Celtic on head-to-head record. Youā€™d then have a situation in Match Day 6 where Celtic need to better Benficaā€™s result to go through. Of course, Barca may already be qualified if they have beaten Spartak in Match Day 5 and they may put out a weakened side against Benfica. So Celtic could beat Spartak, end up on 10 points and not go through if Benfica win their last 2 games. On the other hand, they could lose in Portugal and only draw at home to Spartak and end up going through if Barca dispose of Benfica.
Conclusion: Just finish it next week please, Celtic.

[color="#0000ff"]Celtic Football Club @celticfc

Celtic are delighted to announce Tony Watt has signed a new contract that will see him remain at the club until at least summer 2016. (PC)
15 Nov 12

:clap: :clap:

Great news :ireland:

Fantastic news for Celtic and Tony. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ah thatā€™s fantastic news for Irishmen everywhere.

More great news for the country with Dermot Desmond reappointed to the Celtic Board at the agm. Virtually unopposed.

Iā€™m ashamed that my auditing knowledge has lapsed as Iā€™ve broadened my business career. But who are the auditors that have just been reappointed? PKF - Iā€™ve never heard of them.

A shareholder has proposed ending joint jersey sponsorships with the zombies. The Board has recommended voting it against it citing it as an important revenue stream to allow us to achieve our objectives but thanked the proposer for his well delivered argument. Going for a vote nowā€¦

Vote suspended until after Q & A session.

Final resolution from Celtic Trust is for the board to organise a working party on corporate governance with representatives from the board and supporter organisations. Ultimate aim is to get fan representation on the board. This one is going to a poll at the end too but the board are against it and say current set up is sensible, constructive and effective.

Celtic training stint for US and Chivsa USA striker Juan Agudelo

16 November 2012 16:15 GMT
United States international striker Juan Agudelo has started a training stint with Celtic.

The 19-year-old, capped 16 times by his country already in his career, joined up with Neil Lennonā€™s side for the first time on Friday at Lennoxtown.

Agudelo is currently with MLS side Chivas USA, having previously played with New York Red Bulls.

Scorer of ten club career goals from 62 appearances, the Colombian-born player has also netted twice for his country, on target against South Africa and Argentina.

That Agudelo is quite highly rated, isnā€™t he? It would be an honour to welcome a Colombian to Celtic Park.

He seems to be highly thought of alright. Youngest ever scorer for the US and has a lot of caps already.

We do seem to take Americans over for training sessions every year and it seems more like a relationship thing with the MLS than with a view to signing them. Iā€™d be happy if this was different.

I see Snoop Dogg wants to buy a share in club :clap:

He goes by Snoop Lion these days. Maybe thats a hat tip to Celtic as well

I only discovered over the weekend that, in homage to the Lisbon Lions - European Cup winners in 1967, Celticā€™s ladiesā€™ team is known as The Lesbian Lions. :clap: