Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

FFS. Lost too many challenges from that corner. Well finished in fairness.

Lennon should be freshening the squad up a lot more in league games, I think the likes of Kayal, McCourt, McGeouch, Watt and others would be very eager to make the most of some game time and the players who played midweek would most likely be struggling.

Close from Kayal.

Disappointing result. Never really played well for decent sustained spells. Not out of this title race yet though.

[quote=ā€œRocko, post: 671304ā€]Not out of this title race yet though.
[/quote]

+1. If weā€™re within striking distance of the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen at Christmas then we can push on in the new year.

Should have won that game after going in front. Had overcome a sloppy spell (where the opposition didnā€™t really have chances) and were well in control again when we conceded.

A lack of fluidity to the passing today and didnā€™t have a spark to break them down. They defended fairly deeply with 2 banks of 4 on the edge of their box. I fucking hate when teams do that at Celtic Park.

Disappointing result but the highpoint of the day for all Celtic fans is the news that I am now officially a member of a Celtic Supporters Club :clap: :pint: :ireland:

Bhoys, what was the attendance at Parkhead earlier?

Critical that I get a response to this ASAP

No way is Bandage in bed already

You might be quicker looking for it on another site mate.

Celticā€™s or St Johnstoneā€™s official sites might have it.

Best of luck in your search

tried a couple of sites to no avail. was surprised at a report on the game that referred to the yawning areas of empty spaces and the apathetic atmosphere. game a couple of weeks ago between the same teams at Parkhead has a crowd of 15k.

not that Iā€™d be surprised with people avoiding an SPL game but in the same week of a famous European triumph , I would have thought Parkhead would be rocking.

Have Glasgow Celtic followers gone event junkie like Munster rogbee fans? Is the SPL the new Magners League?

I thought event junkieism was a distinctly Irish phenomen. Seems to have spread across the water.

Other things I noted:
[list]
[]How is Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink still playing and scoring?
[
]Hibs are top of the SPL :o . Last I heard Fenlon was having brawls with players in the dressing room. Will be keeping an eye out for their results going forward.
[]Has Stokes given up or what? No Irish player playing for GCFC.
[
]Pity Ollie Byrne still isnt alive to see his former charges like Fenlon and Hoolahan doing so well.
[/list]

KIB reads reports on Celtic games :clap:

Welcome aboard mate

SPL Runt must have got him interested.

Didnā€™t see the official attendance yesterday but Iā€™m sometimes sceptical about what you read in reports. To me it looked like there were about 80,000 but it could have been slightly more or less because you donā€™t get a great view of the main stand from the camera angle.

Just seeing this post now. TFKBRECSC is open to new members - why didnā€™t your join our club? I didnā€™t actually know there was a CSC in Bournemouth either.

They told me i had to be an official member if I wanted to go and see Shebeen next month so I joined there and then

I think Iā€™ve seen Shebeen before but I hear theyā€™re exclusively playing songs off their new album and not doing any traditional rebel songs on this pre-Christmas tour.

Surely Pat fenlon will be the running to be next glasgow celtic manager when Lennon is inevitably poached by one of the english clubs.
it would certainly flog a good few more jerseys south of the border and might even get a few celtic stores open around the country.

I just want to vent my frustration at Celtic Football Club for denying me close to ā‚¬200 in successive weeks due to two below par performances.

Lenny, please donā€™t let the mid week heroics distract you from the weekend bread and butter, you cunt.

Iā€™ve been looking at Champions League group permutations. The table as things stand is as follows:

Barca 9
Celtic 7
Benfica 4
Spartak 3

Celtic can still finish in any position from 1st to 4th inclusive.

Remaining fixtures are:
Match Day 5: Benfica v Celtic & Spartak v Barca
Match Day 6: Celtic v Spartak & Barca v Benfica

Worst Case Scenario: Celtic lose both games and Spartak defeat Barca - Celtic finish 4th.
Best Case Scenario: Celtic get a score draw or better away to Benfica and Spartak fail to beat Barca - Celtic guaranteed 2nd with a game to spare.
Other Scenarios: A Celtic loss in Lisbon would see Benfica go ahead of Celtic on head-to-head record. Youā€™d then have a situation in Match Day 6 where Celtic need to better Benficaā€™s result to go through. Of course, Barca may already be qualified if they have beaten Spartak in Match Day 5 and they may put out a weakened side against Benfica. So Celtic could beat Spartak, end up on 10 points and not go through if Benfica win their last 2 games. On the other hand, they could lose in Portugal and only draw at home to Spartak and end up going through if Barca dispose of Benfica.
Conclusion: Just finish it next week please, Celtic.

[color="#0000ff"]Celtic Football Club @celticfc

Celtic are delighted to announce Tony Watt has signed a new contract that will see him remain at the club until at least summer 2016. (PC)
15 Nov 12

:clap: :clap: