Celtic 2012/2013 season discussion thread

Iā€™ve always said Buffon is the nicest man in football.

[font=verdana][size=3]Juventus[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=3] face Celtic in the Champions League and [/size][/font][font=verdana][size=3]Gigi[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=3] [/size][/font][font=verdana][size=3]Buffon[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=3] is very impressed with goalkeeper Fraser Forster.[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=3]
ā€œOf course I know about Fraser,ā€ he told the Daily Record newspaper in Scotland.[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=3]
ā€œI watch all the top young goalkeepers in the world and Iā€™m sure he can become one of them. The top three young goalkeepers in the world for me are Joe Hart, Manuel Neuer and Salvatore Sirigu. It will be one of those three who will go on to be the best in the world.[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=3]
ā€œBut if Forster keeps on playing like he is there is no reason he canā€™t be close to or even in that group.[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=3]
ā€œIn a goalkeeper I donā€™t just look for the great saves but for the authority and confidence he shows. As a goalkeeper you can make only one or two mistakes a season if you want to be the best.[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=3]
ā€œItā€™s in the big games where you see character because that is where you are most likely to make mistakes. I have seen both games he played against Barcelona now and not only did he make great saves, he looked confident. He didnā€™t look like a goalkeeper who was going to make a mistake.ā€[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=3]
Juventus visit Glasgow on February 12 and play the second leg in Turin on March 6.[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=3]
ā€œFraser is about to play in two big games in the last 16 of the Champions League and it is clear to me he has not only the talent but the character for games like this,ā€ continued Buffon.
[font=verdana][size=3]ā€œHe has another two big games to show Europe what he can do and from what I have seen in him I am sure he will show Europe again.ā€[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

Lovely comments from the legendary Buffon there about Forster and indeed Joe Hart. :clap:

Just noticed that our game on Wednesday kicks off at 3pm. Iā€™ll be in work. :mad:

Was reading the review of the year on the official Celtic website earlier. It mentions us winning the last ever derby match against Rangers. :clap:

Have we signed any cunt yet?

Not yetā€¦

Thomas Rogne and Paddy McCourt can now sign for other clubs on Bosman free transfers.

Rogne seems to have tickets on himself holding out for a better offer. He had potential undoubtedly but Iā€™ve lost patience with his injuries, his walking off the pitch with a groin niggle after 20 minutes when he is fit enough to start, and heā€™s incredibly slow. Heā€™s not a better player than he was when he arrived, still just potential, so he should be delighted with any sort of improved contract.

+1 to all that.

Rabiu Ibrahim has left Celtic to join Kilmarnock on a 2-year deal. No details yet on a fee, if any.

A Lustig for McGeady swap deal?

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 671580ā€]Weā€™re linked with a Belgian based Israeli left back today. Neil said he wants cover for Izaguirre.
[/quote]

I can exclusively reveal that weā€™ll be signing Rami Gershon on an initial loan deal with first option to buy him permanently for GBPĀ£800k from Standard Liege. He has the same agent as Kayal and Ambrose - Dudu Dahan.

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 671590ā€]

I can exclusively reveal that weā€™ll be signing Rami Gershon on an initial loan deal with first option to buy him permanently for GBPĀ£800k from Standard Liege. He has the same agent as Kayal and Ambrose - Dudu Dahan.[/quote]
Dudu hasnā€™t let us down before.

Rami Gershon will be arriving in Glasgow today. The manager is away for a few days before the squad reconvenes early next week for the training camp in Spain so I donā€™t think the signing will formally be announced until the weekend at the earliest.

Kelvin Wilsonā€™s 2-game ban was upheld at a Hampden Park hearing earlier. What an absolute shambolic turn of events. :guns:

Heā€™ll miss the SPL game against Hearts and the League Cup semi-final versus St Mirren.

Chris Hughton attended the match at Celtic Park yesterday and Norwich are being linked with a Ā£5m bid for Beram Kayal in the press today on the back of it.

Meanwhile, Rami Gershon has arrived in Glasgow. Footage here from STV where his agent mentions that the plan is to complete the move tomorrow: http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/208307-rami-gershon-arrives-in-glasgow-for-signing-talks-with-celtic/

Obligatory video of him here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K3zE08yEqY&

Looks more like a centre back than a left back - seems quite slow.

Yeah, he was touted initially in the media as another left back option but he certainly appears to be a centre back who can fill in at left back. We already have players who can slot in at left back without it necessarily being their favourite/recognised position like Mulgrew, Matthews and even Ledley. It could of course be a signal that Rogne may be on his way out and we simply want to strengthen our pool at centre back.

He looks quite rugged and tough in that video, for a Jew anyway, which should bode well for him on the domestic front. On the other hand he seems to have a propensity to dive into tackles which doesnā€™t sit too well with me. Think Celtic badly need to bring in a couple of wide options in January, I do expect this chap to be the solitary signing though. Hopefully the return of Stokes can boost the attack and get more out of the lethargic, yet undroppable Gary Hooper.

Edinburgh derby was very grim in the first half. Expected a bit better from Hibs after beating us the other day. Sticking with it for the moment and itā€™s improved early in the second half - Eoin Doyle has just missed a great chance for Hibs.

that edinburgh derby was absolute tripeā€¦utter shiteā€¦hibs hadnĀ“t one player in midfield who could actually control the ball and take a touchā€¦hearts had oneā€¦hibs keeper was lucky he wasnĀ“t caught out from corners a few timesā€¦dire gameā€¦
Is leigh griffths related to montgomery burns??..side profile look quite similarā€¦ :strokechin:

Did anyone else know that my favourite actor and actress are both actually massive Celtic supporters? I didnā€™t even know it myself until yesterday. Hail hail to Jay Baruchel (Irish descent) and the beautiful Alison Brie (studied theatre in Glasgow). :ireland: :clap: