Celtic Non Matchday Discussion Season 2014/15

Useless cunts :mad:

Thought the opening half on Thursday night was really positive but this is two steps back. I don’t expect Celtic to be the finishing article but there’s no signs on the pitch of Deila’s stated style being implemented. No slick, attacking, passing football. The team shape is ragged and there’s no defensive solidity. They’re not defending as a unit either and there’s loads of space to exploit. As @Rocko mentioned, the pressing isn’t cohesive at all. A few hare around and take themselves out of the game and ahead of the ball with others standing around. It’s fairly grim and a bit Mowbrayesque.

http://m.stv.tv/news/west-central/296434-celtic-goalkeeper-lukasz-zaluska-assaulted-in-ashton-lane-glasgow/

An unnamed SPFL player attacked Lukasz Zaluska last night. Police are investigating. :eek: :mad:

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/celtic/296559-stefan-johansen-shocked-by-attack-on-celtic-keeper-lukasz-zaluska/

A Dundee United player was apparently the unprovoked attacker.

7-match ban for Tonev after being found guilty of racially abusing Logan of Aberdeen during last month’s game. Surely the SFA should release the full findings (like the EFA did in Luis Suarez case) as it was a case of Logan’s word against Tonev’s.

Do we have him for the season? I’d nearly be inclined to send him back. He hasn’t been massively impressive. Has a chance to improve but 7 weeks is a long time to be keeping him around with no games.

What did he call him? If it was a black so-and-so then it could have been wrongly interpreted.

We have him for the season but he can still play pending an appeal hearing. No idea what he said or was accused of saying as the SFA hasn’t released the findings.

Lassana Diarra, ex Chelsea and Arsenal, has arrived in Glasgow for signing talks with Celtic.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fucking woof!

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1038380, member: 9”]Lassana Diarra, ex Chelsea and Arsenal, has arrived in Glasgow for signing talks with Celtic.
[/QUOTE]
I would have thought ex Real Madrid would be bigging him up more than the 2 clubs you mentioned Colin.

Where is he these days ?

Did this Tonev chap have any previous history on the racism front?

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1038382, member: 48”]I would have thought ex Real Madrid would be bigging him up more than the 2 clubs you mentioned Colin.

Where is he these days ?[/QUOTE]

Just arrived in Glasgow, mate. I mentioned it in the post you quoted.

What’s the story with Diarra?
Still only 29, and was supposedly going well at Locomotive last year. Was he released by them?

Ah yes, that’s tremendous banter Colin :clap::clap::clap:

Mention of the ex-Pompey midfield dynamo always brings out the bantz in me, mate.

Lass is class.

they’ll surely win the league if he signs…

League Cup semi-final draw:
Celtic v Sevco
Aberdeen v Dundee United

Ties to be played on the weekend of 31 January / 1 February.

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1038939, member: 9”]League Cup semi-final draw:
Celtic v Sevco
Aberdeen v Dundee United

Ties to be played on the weekend of 31 January / 1 February.[/QUOTE]

Ah lovely, that is quite a novel pairing. Don’t think we have ever played this Sevco crowd before