Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

Duff on RTE tonight saying he’s been offered the reserve coach role vacated by Shaun Maloney who linked up with Belgium.

Duff is some bore. He’d be shit with young players.

1 Like

Good point. Get Jermaine Pennant in.

1 Like

Ntcham, Christie and Johnston all signed new contracts recently.

Rodgers said Boyata is likely to leave on a Bosman free transfer in the summer unless someone makes the club and him an attractive offer in January. Either way he’s for the off soon.

If we don’t make it through the Europa Group stage then I think we should sell and get his replacement in January. We will likely lose Benkovic too in the summer so it will be a clusterfuck again for the CL qualifying.

Rosenberg apparently resting a lot of players ahead of a cup final on Sunday.

1 Like

Is Bendtner doing porridge yet ?

Bhoys, I posted a month or two back that Ryan Christie reminds me of Gareth Bale. But aside from being left footed, athletic and having dark hair it’s probably not a really valid comparison as Christie is an all action centre midfielder and Bale is a wide player. Christie’s style (drives forward, creates, scores, covers back, make tackles/interceptions, has a nice dirty streak) reminds me of someone else but I can’t quite put my finger on who. He’s now one of the best midfield players in the world.

Any highlights of yesterday’s game lads ?

I missed it due to my attendance at a horse racing fixture.

Ryan Christie’s last 10 games for Celtic. Goals in League Cup semi-final and winner in final, 5 league goals and set up the critical winner in Europe against RB Leipzig. Best midfielder in Europe without question.

https://twitter.com/gibbogibby1/status/1071352694793748480?s=20

Get well soon, Leigh Griffiths.

2 Likes

This chap has 20 games played this season 5 goals, 4 assists, in Scotland and the UEFA league
David Silva has the same amount of games played 8 goals and 4 assists in the EPL and the Champions League.

No trophies though.

have they run off a competition in Scotland already?

They have. You replied to my post about Christie scoring goals in the semi-final and final of the League Cup if you scroll up a bit.

I’m going to be honest and say I watched the video, only, then went stat hunting

he won’t be at Celtic for too much longer I’d imagine

Signed a new long term deal a couple of weeks ago. He’s here for 10 in a row.

1 Like

Sad affair that a lad who should be at his peak and loving life in his dream job has to get away from it all, hopefully he is back to his best before long and I’m sure he will get the best of professional support while away. If the rumours are true then his William Hill Scottish Cup medals, Betfred Cup medals, Ladbroke SPL medals and Dafabet Celtic jersey won’t be much help when trying to forget his problems.

2 Likes

Go Celtics

Bhoys, Celtic have a match tonight so @thedancingbaby asked me to urge you to please refrain from posting on this thread until after midnight.