Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

Linked with Castange of Atalanta, he’s a right back and usually fills in for Hateboer who is the first choice right wing back. He’s a decent player and would fit in well if we got him but I don’t see Atalanta letting him go too easily, despite being the back up, he gets a good few minutes. I think we’d probably need to be offering up around €6m which I don’t really see the board doing for a right back.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought Hayes was fine there.

Tierney has a hip injury and is doubtful for Saturday.

We’re linked with Aaron Connolly, a 19 year old striker who plays for Brighton and is an Ireland youth international. He seems to be banging them for the Brighton youth teams, I don’t see much point of his signing if it is just a loan though.

@Funtime What do your Slovakian contacts make of Vakoun Issouf Bayo? He’s linked with Celtic and playing for Dunajska Streda at the moment obviously.

1 Like

Oliver Burke linked with a loan move too.

I had a look at a video of him in action there. Looks quite mobile and scores quite a lot of goals with his head while he looks a bit raw technically. For the money mentioned, our need for a striker and his age I think it’s something we should pursue.

1 Like

Conor Hazard has joined Partick Thistle on a 6-month loan deal.

A bid for Vakoun Issouf Bayo has been rejected.

Also linked with Oliver Burke on loan and the Timothy Weah loan deal is due to be completed shortly.

It looks like we’ll let Izaguirre leave only 5 months after re-signing him. Jack Hendry is also rumored to be leaving, albeit it on loan, and we’re looking to offload Marvin Compper.

The last two transfer windows have really been muck when you think about it. Flop signings like Compper, Hendry, Musonda (loan) and losing likes of Dembélé, Armstrong and Roberts and not properly replacing them.

Sevco seem to be throwing the kitchen sink at it with signings of Steven Davis and Jermain Defoe so important that Celtic make signings to correct the squad imbalances.

Celtic have truly fucked this up…once gerrard was announced as manager celtic should have splashed cash to make sure rangers stayed down…now rangers have got a sniff of it and all of a sudden there’s a chance of a title and lads want to come on loan and play for gerrard and rangers. …if celtic had invested in new blood in august and were 9 or 10 points ahead , these lads wouldn’t go near rangers and their board wouldn’t be sanctioning these deals…

1 Like

Rangers are busy bankrupting themselves again. Defoe and Davis are two potshots who will probably end up crocked for the remainder of the season.

I don’t think Brown and Ntcham are compatible anymore, too lateral and short of legs in the middle. I think Celtic need a right back, a striker and a winger in addition to Weah - no point in any more loans - it means we will only have an extra problem next summer.

1 Like

Win win for everyone.

Will Bohs sign an agreement with Sevco in response?

1 Like

This is the happiest day of my life

I believe they are in discusssions, the RNLI have offered to help negotiate a merger.

Huns going for Jordan Jones and Glen Kamara on pre contracts now.

Would this be subject to Uefa and competition authority approval?

I assume so .

no

Why not?

Only if Celtic were an Irish club, they’re British.

3 Likes

Defoe signing for Sevco won’t be the winning or losing of the league for Celtic. But Celtic not addressing the big gaps will be.

I’d probably add a midfielder to that list - higher priority than a winger. We do have another year of Arzani when he comes back in the summer so I don’t think it’s as big a need.

We are badly short of defenders though. We desperately need a right back and two centre backs and could use a left back too.