Celtic Non-Matchday Discussion

1 Like

That’s a standard rule, e.g. Christie couldn’t play against us for Aberdeen when he was on loan there.

Yeah it is. Just assuming we’ve enforced it.

Rogic out for 6 weeks after surgery, guys.

Tierney was back on the training field today, but was doing work on his own.

Boyata and Ntcham were back in full training.

Chris Davies says Forrest will probably be out for a while after picking up the hamstring injury yesterday, albeit him coming off early has limited the damage.

No word on how bad Edouard’s injury is - just that it was a sore one and they’re assessing it.

1 Like

He’s hot and cold and Brown looks as if age is finally catching him

Possible metatarsal fracture?

Is that being mentioned? I thought it was studs onto the shin area but he could have been caught on the foot.

Did it not catch him on instep?

Sorry.

Might have done alright. Wonder if Bayo will be on the bench on Wednesday night given Edouard and Forrest are both likely to be out and there’s no sign of Griffiths coming back. Burke or Weah upfront. Whichever of them isn’t upfront to the wing and Sinclair on the other flank. Johnston a wing option too.

I’d like to see Burkey on the right wing for the next match if Forrest is out.

1 Like

I thought Rodgers referenced his ankle after the game.

We could do a decent outfield ten of injured players just now

Lustig Boyata Benkovic Tierney

Kouassi

Rogic Ntcham

Forrest Edouard Griffiths

1 Like

3 players added to the squad for Europe - Toljan, Burke, Weah.

Bayo misses out but he’s the only one yet to feature for the first team. The others are all loanees though so he might be irked.

Interesting, though not for everyone, video analysis of Bain’s distribution.

I don’t think he’s as good a shot stoppper as Gordon but his distribution is so much better. Gordon really induces panic whenever the ball is at his feet.

1 Like

Same chap’s analysis of Valencia game last night. Nothing groundbreaking but highlights our negativity in possession and highlights the ineptitude of Simunovic and Izaguirre in particular.

Tierney, Boyata and Lustig all injured during the international break. That would leave us a bit short for Sevco next weekend.

Toljan Ajer Benkovic Hayes would be the most likely back 4.

I think Ajer has been very good in the games he has played since the winter break, is Ralston still injured?

1 Like

Boyata didn’t play last night due to personal reasons. His father’s reportedly very sick back in Belgium.

Lustig got a kick in the thigh and it’s bruised/swollen but he hasn’t yet been ruled out for Sweden-Norway tomorrow.

Scottish dailies reporting that Tierney expects to be fit for Sunday. A calf injury was cited for missing the two Scotland games though I don’t think he’s looked himself since coming back from the hip injury.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like