Celtic To Wear Remembrance Day Jerseys

[quote=“myboyblue”]Why wouldn’t they? Its for soldiers fighting under the British flag, Celtic are a Club in Britain. Hang on, let me get you a map.

http://www.beduk.co.uk/images/britain2.gif

Right, its not a great map, but you get my drift, Glasgow is there, in Britian.

As I said, its a conundrum because Celtic Football Club see themselves are Irish, and I can respect that. However, they are a British based Club, no matter what way you wish to look at it. To refuse to wear would be quite the stand. I’ll be interested to see how this plays out.[/quote]

That map also includes the Isle of Man which is not part of Britain - therefore it’s hardly definitive proof of Glasgow being a part of Britain.

There’s on way Celtic will refuse to wear the poppy but they should. If the poppy was limited to the world wars it would have some merit - though the first world war was largely about competing imperialist foces. As suggested above a non-political symbol of peace would be a far better symbol to be wearing.

[quote=“therock67”]That map also includes the Isle of Man which is not part of Britain - therefore it’s hardly definitive proof of Glasgow being a part of Britain.
QUOTE]

Very pedantic, I like it! :mad:

Glad you get my point though.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Not at all, you’re just making things up now, but thats ok, I’m familiar with your methods, they’re funny, like you.

Anyhoo, the point remains, irregardless of what people wish to be different, Scotland is in Britain, and they suckle at the teat of Westminister. I’m sure the majority could vote for a change if they wished, isn’t that whats great about a democracy in these modern times.[/quote]

making up stuff? previously you said that the irish sent to australia were Criminals by my reckoning it was british courts that convicted them therefore if you think they are criminals you must recognise the courts that convicted them therefore you recognise the authority of British rule in Ireland before the state was set up

Therefore your views on this subject should be qualified with the fact that you are a west brit

Case & Closed

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“north county corncrake”]making up stuff? previously you said that the irish sent to australia were Criminals

[/quote]

Not at all. I said there were criminals sent to australia. I would classify a thief as a criminal, irregardless of who convicted him.

Shoddy work…

In the same way as saying “fact” does not make something fact, saying “case closed” does not in fact, close a case. Unless of course, the suitcase in question has a voice activated case closing technique, then it might work, but only if it reacts to the words “case closed” of course, it may in fact react to other sayings, such as “case, close”, or “close the case”.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Not at all. I said there were criminals sent to australia. I would classify a thief as a criminal, irregardless of who convicted him.

Shoddy work…

In the same way as saying “fact” does not make something fact, saying “case closed” does not in fact, close a case. Unless of course, the suitcase in question has a voice activated case closing technique, then it might work, but only if it reacts to the words “case closed” of course, it may in fact react to other sayings, such as “case, close”, or “close the case”.[/quote]

so a west brit that believes in internment

give it up

[quote=“north county corncrake”]so a west brit that believes in internment

give it up[/quote]

A jack and a rovers fan who believes in robbing and thieving without punishment, why does that not surprise me…

:mad:

[quote=“myboyblue”]A jack and a rovers fan who believes in robbing and thieving without punishment, why does that not surprise me…

:mad:[/quote]

give it up

You’d like that wouldnt you…

[quote=“myboyblue”]You’d like that wouldnt you…

Not at all I enjoy our discussions

Im thinking more about you here- this cant be good for your self esteem :stuck_out_tongue:

Well its always flattering to know a big strong boy like you wants me to “give it up” and continues to implore me to do so, but I aint for turning to your side of the street no matter how much you beg.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Well its always flattering to know a big strong boy like you wants me to “give it up” and continues to implore me to do so, but I aint for turning to your side of the street no matter how much you beg.

a west brit pro internment homophobe(may be unsure about his sexuality though??)

give it up

Oh you are a funny little silly boy. Don’t be angry at the refusal, I’m all for pro choice, and I made mine.

Keep on making it up…

[quote=“myboyblue”]Oh you are a funny little silly boy. Don’t be angry at the refusal, I’m all for pro choice, and I made mine.

Keep on making it up…[/quote]

a muldoon scorned & all that

You’re funny.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]looking forward to dancing babys response to this

Poor show by Celtic
A war criminal in charge
In the past they put up adds to join the imperialistic brit army & now this

[/quote]

Afternoon NCC !!

I am against Celtic players wearing Rememberance Day jerseys.

The Brits remember - The Irish never forget.

Yours,

TDB

Young Nadine Coyle refused to wear a poppy on GMTV the other morning. Fair play to the lass.

Money from poppy sales goes to cunts like those below. Fair play to the ex-Popstars contestant.

Green Brigade are trying to organise a protest for this on Saturday with a walkout after 10 minutes - interesting to see whether Tipper will comply after travelling all the way from Fingal.

They’ve good 4 leaf clover words for the day too:

With a four leaf clover on my breast
And the Green and White upon my chest
No blood stained poppy on my hoops
So fuck John Reid and fuck his troops.

its a few other groups as well- hopefully a good few walk out - I still remember clearly the last Reid protest before the Milan game :stuck_out_tongue:

How will such a protest go down with the establishment I wonder, or would it even be commented on in the National and International media?