Celtic Transfer Window Summer 2017 ☘ 🍀 💵

@Nembo_Kid can I have your thoughts on Olivier Ntcham please?

Ntcham to Celtic looks to be pretty much a done deal. He was at the stadium yesterday and has passed his medical apparently.

Article on the chap from a couple of years ago:

Obligatory compilation video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF6_DcIAR6c

1 Like

If I’m being honest I don’t know an awful lot about him but he seems to have good pedigree and is young.

We will have some good depth in midfield now, will Bitton stay?

Is Simunovic, Sviatchenko, Ajer and Lustig/Tierney as emergency cover enough at centre back with Boyata out for the qualifiers?

I thought it was perhaps significant that Bitton played 20 minutes or so at centre back yesterday. It’s not a great situation though, I really don’t think that highly of Sviatchenko.

Olivier Ntcham’s signing has been officially confirmed. A 4-year contract for the French U21 international.

2 Likes

GMS has joined Aberdeen on a permanent deal.

Do we know what the fee is?

Delighted with Ntcham joining. Another excellent TFK exclusive.

1 Like

No mention of it. Probably nominal as he would have been out of contract next summer and there was even some talk we were going to send him somewhere on a season long loan.

He’s 26!! I thought he was 23 at most. He’s probably a reasonable signing for them but he’s not good enough for Celtic anyway.

Linked with Steven Caulker today. Presumably influenced by the injury to Boyata.

Are we taking that young Chelsea centre half?

Rodgers worked with him at Swansea. Did you read his interview in The Guardian lately? Mental health problems to make Bressie blush.

Any fee being mooted for Caulker? Assume they are getting him for a nominal sum so QPR can get him off the books.

Is the Celtic match on tv tonight?

I don’t think signing Caulker is imminent.

Celtic game is on eir sport as far as I know.

1 Like

Rodgers apparently met Caulker today so something might come of that over the next few days. QPR are reportedly willing to let him leave on a free to get his wages off their books but want to include a sell-on clause.

Kenyu was impressive against Lyon on Saturday and Rodgers says he’s closer to first team ready than he thought when buying him. He said he’s going to abandon plans to loan him out and keep him involved with the first team squad until Christmas and reassess then.

Still no sign of Armstrong signing a new contract and further rumours of the likes of West Brom, Southampton and Bournemouth offering him more than double what he’s on at Celtic.

I’m not a massive fan of Armstrong, he’s clearly made huge progress over the last year and been excellent for us but so too have McGregor and Rogic, neither whom do I believe Armstrong is much better than.

If someone bids £8m for him with a year left on his contract then we should cash in, otherwise I’d keep him here and let him rot as a lesson. I’d like to see John McGinn join if Armstrong doesn’t renew, I think he has far more natural ability than Armstrong has.

John McGinn is nowhere near as good a player. I think Armstrong still has lots of room for improvement - his touch and passing can be a little sloppy. McGregor has a better touch probably but he’s not quite as dynamic a player. Rogic is probably better than both but he isn’t a great passer of a ball.

McGinn is three years younger than Armstrong and a much much complete player than Armstrong was at his age.

Armstrong was quite rightly considered a diddy by most before Rodgers took over last season and with good reason to considering what he had shown in a Celtic jersey.

McGinn is a far more naturally talented player than Armstrong and has much more scope to improve.

The bottom line is lots of players like Boyata, McGregor, Rogic and Amstrong have came on leaps and bounds under Rodgers management, I don’t think Armstrong is that special a talent so if he’s going to drag his heels like he has then fuck him. I don’t think he’s all that anyway.