Celtic Transfer Window Summer 2017 ☘ 🍀 💵

Paddy will be wearing number 7 (seven) this season.

Welcome home, Paddy Roberts :dembele:

He’s one of our own

Surprised nobody in the Premier League took a chance on him. Lovely player

Southampton and Nice both wanted him on loan.

Great news. 2.5 years of Paddy is excellent business. What a terrific guy.

1 Like

Bantz, is it?

1 Like

Linked with former Dutch U21 and Ajax and current Club Brugge centre back Stefano Denswil.

Also linked with a loan deal for young French forward Odsonne Edouard from PSG. Brendan came back from Astana last midweek via Paris but I’m not sure if the CL draw complicates that one. He previously said he didn’t think it was the best use of resources to have 3 frontline strikers given we only play 1 upfront but Dembélé and Griffiths have been a bit injury prone.

On that note we apparently made an enquiry to Southampton for 30-year old Éire striker Shane Long and were quoted GBP £25m. :laughing:

1 Like

I saw on twitter a link to the Swiss attacker, Stocker.

He has always looked pretty average

The Edouard link is a loan apparently.

Don’t really want another loan deal but I guess if it’s just as cover for the strikers then it might not make much sense to commit a transfer fee to one.

I mentioned that, mate.

1 Like

You did indeed. Apologies for not reading your post properly.

Celtic were heavily linked with Jason Denayer earlier today but a number of “in the know” Glasgow based football correspondents who are probably briefed off the record by the club have simultaneously tweeted that we’re pursuing other targets. It seems we’re after a mainstay centre back and a striker for cover (potentially the young PSG/QSG loanee).

Denayer seems to be going back to Turkey. I thought he was overrated at Celtic and wouldn’t be in a hurry to get him back.

1 Like

The PSG striker deal appears to be happening.

No more defender rumours.

Option to purchase apparently which makes the deal more appealing.

Think this means the French chap is en route as they say over in Paris.

1 Like

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1396740-celtic-set-to-sign-psg-striker-odsonne-edouard-on-loan/?utm_content=buffer823fa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Now linked with young Bristol City centre back Aden Flint for £3.5m+.

James Collins?

Callum Chambers?

We seem to be throwing darts now.

:eek: :dembele: :brendan: :shamrock:

Can @briantinnion give us the lowdown on him?