☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

Pretend?

Bolton’s administrators confirming that Celtic highballed them when taking Luca Connell.

4 Likes

Rumored to have bid £2m for Luton right back Jack Stacey. He was in the League One team of the year last season in Luton’s title winning campaign.

Did Luton not just sell their starting right back to Leicester for a substantial fee?

Yeah, the two of them were the full backs on the League One toty. Maybe our lad is a left back, I could be wrong.

Boba balde turned down Barcelona to join Celtic now there trying to sign players of Luton

Not the most inspiring of links either way but it’s not a massive risk at that fee. Looks like Ralston will get the opportunity in the early games anyway, I do think Ralston has a lot of potential but we definitely need a more proven option in there.

Ralston isn’t close to being good enough. Way off the standard required.

Both those Luton guys are right backs.

Ralston did a lot better than Lustig last season in the games he got. He was playing very well before the injury shortly before Rodgers left.

Odd that Celtic paid more than needed I’d have thought.

Let that go I would say @RaymondCrotty

I’d imagine it wasn’t that significant and was to get him before English clubs could compete if Celtic had to go through a lengthy legal process.

He’s not good enough. Not even close.

He’s young and has plenty of potential to grow. I don’t want him starting now but I certainly think he’s a better option than Lustig would have been as cover.

Mulumbu has been released.

Tierney gone

1 Like

£25m is a pittance, Celtic must be very eager to ship him out to be letting him go for that.

The Tierney deal is an absolute disgrace.

To compound matters there is talk that Jenkinson is on his way to Celtic.

I’d have Ralston every day of a wet week over that chump.

Seems cheap particularly if part of that figure is made up of add-ons.

I think £25m is too cheap for him. And certainly if there are add-ons involved (other than just instalments not linked to performances).

Liam Morrison looks more likely to be staying. He’s a 16 year old highly rated centre back that Bayern were trying to sign from his but apparently he’s in talks over a new contract now.

1 Like