☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

Jenkinson is fairly muck alright, assume he would be looking for relatively big wages too.

£35m should be the absolute minimum. We are under no pressure to sell and I can’t see the lad forcing it through.

It will really depend on how eager Celtic are to sell though and on the face of it, they look very eager.

25m for an unproven player with a history of injuries seems like a good deal for Celtic.

Tierney is a better player than Van Dyke.

Bad deal for Celtic.

Van Djik is a Champions League winning defender. Tierney has won nothing and is unproven.

Djimi Traore won a CL medal.

Tierney has won more trophies than Van Dyke has.

1 Like

Djimi Traore is a better defender than Tierney. 25m is Daniel Levy-like negotiation from Celtic.

Incorrect. Tierney is a far better player than Van Dijk. We don’t need to sell so it’s pay up or fuck off.

I don’t know what’s going on with Tierney.

He might very well be sold in the next few weeks, but he didn’t leave the Austrian training camp specifically to sign for Arsenal.

The squad has moved onto Switzerland for the next batch of friendlies and some injured and younger players have returned to Scotland to train there.

While Tierney may have been picked in the Buckfast Outer-Hebridean Pub League Team of the Year, it is still a gamble for Arsenal and 25m seems an incredibly generous offer. Incredible negotiation from Celtic.

Tierney is very good. Super signing for arsenal.

Zenit linked with Rogic. They are apparently bidding £9m and we want £15m for him. This is from Alison McConnell who is apparently normally reliable on these matters.

I don’t want to sell anyone because I don’t think we need the money and it’s not clear if or when it gets reinvested. But if one of Ntcham, McGregor, Tierney or Rogic had to leave I think I’d pick Rogic. He isn’t fit often enough, he takes a long time to find form, he will miss matches regularly for travel reasons and he is more replaceable than Tierney or McGregor. I think he’s marginally more consistent than Ntcham but Ntcham looks more likely to improve.

Celtic Underground saying the deal for the left back Mbolo is done.

Calvin Miller must be for the off so.

1 Like

I’d get rid of Ntcham over Rogic. Don’t think Celtic will say no to £15m for either

We’re still sniffing about Rakeem Harper too according to reports.

Marvin Compper has left for Duisburg.

The opposite move to Moravcik back in the day. Two crafty veterans but I don’t expect Compper to have the same impact.

2 Likes

So long Marvin.

Lennon has said Mbolo is signing tomorrow.

1 Like

Please don’t let it be the end of KT.

I believe Lennon also said that there has been no offer above the initial 15m for Tierney.