☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

Fair enough but if they have limited funds it seems strange that they’d be after an upgrade in one of their better positions. I haven’t watched them much recently though so maybe he’s gone to shit.

Kolasinac is shite, you didn’t watch Europa league final.
Wouldn’t cross the road for you.

Monreal has a walking stick.

2 Likes

He’s useless, mate. Relatively good going forward but headless all the same. Oh, and can’t defend for shit and weak mentally.

1 Like

Not sure there’s much to this other than speculation but hopefully there’s an element of truth to this article in The Scotsman

Celtic are in pole position to sign Ecuadorian youngster Jose Cifuentes, ahead of Manchester City, according to reports.

The English champions are said to be keen on the América de Quito midfielder, but City would struggle to obtain a work permit for the 20-year-old, as he is not yet a full-time international.

The rules on work permits in Scotland are considered to be more relaxed. Cifuentes would likely get more first-team football at Celtic, and is understood to be interested in a move to Scottish football.

Cifuentes was part of the Ecuador squad that finished third in the recent Under-20 World Cup, and his performances are believed to have caught the eye of clubs in Germany and Italy, as well as Celtic and City.

The Hoops are on the hunt for midfield reinforcements, after missing out on David Turnbull and with Olivier Ntcham’s future still uncertain. The likes of Kundai Benyu and Eboue Kouassi also seem out of the picture at Parkhead, while Nir Bitton has been deployed as an auxiliary centre-back in recent matches and could continue there for the foreseeable.

Cifuentes operates as a defensive midfielder, but likes to get forward. His physical strength and tidiness on the ball make him an attractive proposition for clubs looking to upgrade.

He is still young and not the finished article however, with the right coaching, he could be moulded into a key player if he makes the move to Europe.

1 Like

I see Lennon said we are looking for two right backs.

Apparently we’ve had a €2m bid accepted for the Israeli chap and Danny Simpson will be coming on a trial.

That’s a very worrying development in terms of the right back position. I’d go with Ralston over both of those chumps.

Lennon also said he hopes to have a signing through in the next few days. I’m really, really underwhelmed with the Israeli lad, he looks like the type of guys who should be making the move to Hibs and not Celtic.

I don’t know enough about Simpson to know how good he is these days but he might not be the worst as a second choice right back. The Israeli lad doesn’t seem good enough at all. About all that he seems to offer is versatility.

Can I just repeat though - Ralston is not good enough. He’s athletic and strong but has no footballing brain, is always out of position, can’t cross a ball, can’t control a ball very well and looks like a rugby player trying his hand at astro for a few weeks to keep fit. He’s useless.

He’s a young lad. I’d be more inclined to give him a shot than the Israeli chap.

The transfer deal with the Israel absolutely stinks of transfer bung.

There is an abundance of young people in the world. The vast majority aren’t good enough to play for Celtic. Ralston is one of this vast majority.

The only explanation I can think of for the Israeli is as cover for centre back. We have Simunovic, Ajer and Jullien and that’s it. The first two are injury prone and Jozo is suspension prone too. We probably can’t afford 4 good centre backs, Hendry is palpably not good enough so an Israeli international defender as cover isn’t outrageous in that context.

Lo and behold @Rocko comes up with some convoluted reasoning to justify Lawwell’s latest bout of penny pinching.

cc @Cicero_Dandi, @Big_Dan_Campbell

5 Likes

Hendry is a Scottish international. Scotland are a better international side than Israel.

@rocko drank the cool-aid

@Rocko is taking bungs from Dudu Dahan.

2 Likes

@Cicero_Dandi
Thoughts on Andrea Bertolacci?

Tidy player.

A Romanista like myself. Are we linked?

1 Like

Linked in Italian press yesterday but not sure how likely it is given he was on huge money at Milan I expect.

tumblr_ob367r8P6p1qb5qxmo1_500

1 Like
1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

According to reports the Israeli chap is being signed as a right back, as I expected.

Still think we need another one though, we seem to have cooled our interest in Simpson which I’m glad to hear.

I’d imagine we might go with what we’ve got at centre half, possibly might add one if we secure CL football.

I think we’ll add a midfielder and probably ship Ntcham on for around £8m on deadline day.

I’d like a left winger but we seem to heavy on numbers now so unless we get shot of Sinclair and possibly Morgan I don’t see us adding anything here.

I’d be worried about Bolingoli if Tierney leaves, the reports on him didn’t seem too good from the last game and I though he looked really suspect defensively in the first leg.

1 Like