☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

I’d imagine he’s an Ntcham replacement. I just don’t really see the point of it. He’s not really got much potential and is not going to be a starter. We have quite a few midfield options as is.

We do but if Brown is phasing out and Rogic is only available 50% of the time and Bitton is often injured then we’re not overflowing.

If one of Connell and Henderson turns out to be a regular or close to regular and performing well then we’ll have done well.

If not, then we have Brown, McGregor, Christie as our best three and Ntcham and Rogic next in line but with fitness/form concerns. Kouassi doesn’t seem rated by anyone.

I won’t be thrilled at his signing but I do think we lack good passers in the team. Only McGregor is a reliably accurate passer. Rogic, Brown and Ntcham are all careless with the ball. Christie is fine but his game is more attacking.

The Ecuadorian chap has confirmed our interest in him. I would be much more for his signing than Sawyers to be honest.

This is a different Ecuadorian chap. Quintero confirmed our interest. Cifuentes was the defensive midfielder chap we had been linked with more strongly earlier (though both names were mentioned).

Oh right. They’re both black though?

Is this guy an attacking midfielder?

Yeah, he seems to be more of a #10 type. He’s a big stocky lad though.

Good stuff. I have no problems with us picking up both the Ecuadorians. I think the defensive minded lad fits our need better now though.

I agree.

Ntcham seems to be desperately angling for a move anyway so I’d say he’ll be gone before the window is over.

I’d play hardball with the prick.

Fair enough if someone meets the valuation but if they don’t then it’s tough luck sunshine, you can sit in the reserves.

1 Like

I agree. He signed a new deal, we’re in no hurry to sell him and he’ll be a long time waiting out his contract if he plans on sulking. I imagine he’ll manage to negotiate an exit though.

Turns out they’re both defensive midfielders.

1 Like

Lovely.

Well could’ve ended up with Steve Bruce, so could always be worse.

Lennon said this evening that we are not interested in Quintero.

1 Like

Looks like Tommy Smith is off to Stoke City.

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest as the guy was a hammer thrower and we can do a lot better but the right back position is a pressing concern. Ajer did ok there the last night but will be found out against better opposition.

I rate Ajer higher than Simumovic and reckon Jullien/Ajer is likely to be the first choice centre back partnership. It’s complete negligence not to have a right back. A signing there has been needed for 1-2 years at this stage.

Arsenal have apparently bid £25m for Tierney.

It’s an insult we are selling him for that little.

1 Like

Actually why do Arsenal need a left back. Is Kolasinac not one of their better players?

Being one of Arsenal’s better players doesn’t mean he is good enough . They looked bang average when I saw them last year .