☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

I don’t remember noticing Taylor much. He seems to be reasonably rated but I hope we are looking at more established targets, even for different positions.

Connell played for the Colts in that Challenge Cup last week when we beat Queen’s Park on penalties. He got injured in a tackle at the start of the second half and went off injured.

1 Like

Irish youth international Jonathan Ofolabi looks set to join Celtic on a free transfer.

2 Likes

Interesting. He was very good in the summer.

Liam Morrison has signed for Bayern Munich.

Conflicting reports have us being close to signing that Rosenborg left back who did well against us last year and there being no interest there.

I’d be happy enough with him.

We need a right back, centre back, left back and a left winger before the transfer window closes as far as I’m concerned, possibly a midfielder too.

Ideally I’d like a new keeper but I think that will wait until next season when Gordon goes.

Pavlovic is off to Lazio. €5.5m fee and will stay on loan with Partizan for the rest of the season

Liewell asleep at the wheel again.

That clown Davie Provan had a good piece on Liewell and Lickspittle Lennon at the weekend.

I don’t think we ever had a realistic chance of signing him. He’d already been linked with a lot of Serie A clubs before Lennon got the idea of looking at him.

We apparently bid €5m as well for a Croatian kid at the weekend but he opted for Dinamo instead. Not sure that’s true either. We’re always linked with players in the Croatian media but it probably suits everyone at Celtic to pretend we’ve just been outbid again.

What chance have we if we don’t try? He seemed keen when asked about our interest.

Oh we should try. I’m not defending anyone here - more saying that the time to try for him was a few months ago. Celtic’s scouting needs to be ahead of other teams, we can’t afford to try and sneak in at the end and hope some much hyped prospect chooses Celtic over Italian teams.

1 Like

Watching this fella now v Waterford. He looks a serious player

2 great goals

A class player

1 Like

How hasn’t he been snapped up? Wonderful footballer.

Fraser Forster apparently…

I don’t rate him if I’m being perfectly honest. Not sure he’s better than Bain or Gordon.

Lennon said they’re trying to get 3 or 4 in before the deadline.

:thinking:

Probably including Forster.

We need two full backs, a centre back and a winger.

And NO FUCKING LOANS.

Not sure how he is after his injuries. I was never his biggest fan because he’s glued to his line and his kicking is atrocious. I’d forgive the kicking but the standing on his line every time a ball is played over the top used to infuriate me.

Bain looks to have regressed horribly this season though and not sure how much life Gordon has left in him either.

I wonder how our new temp head of recruitment discovered Forster though. That’s some scouting network.

3 Likes

We’ve been linked with Hooper, Matthews and now we’re signing Forster.

I wonder if Dan Majstorovic is still available.

1 Like

I’m guessing Forster is a loan deal? He has 2 years left on his current deal. I’d imagine Southampton would be looking for £4-5m for that and at that he’s way overpriced than what you’d get on the continent.

Probably on about £50k a week there too.

I think it’s a stupid move though. We now have 3 distinctly average keepers on the books with both Gordon and Forster probably taking up big wage packets.