☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

Forster confirmed as a season long loan.

My predictions for the remainder of the transfer window.

Sinclair to join a Turkish side on loan.
Hendry to move to an SPL side on loan.
Ralston and Miller to move out on loan to some SPL or lower fodder.

Bolaise or Ibe to arrive on loan to be our “big name” signing that Lawwell and Lennon will herald as some sort of masterpiece of a move (give me fucking strength)
Greg Taylor to arrive for a fee slightly over £1.5m
An experienced international right back over the age of 27 to arrive for a fee of around £4m
A Man City youth player to arrive on loan
Scott McKenna to sign for £4.5m

Completeing a horrible transfer window.

3 Likes

I think you’re overly optimistic there.

1 Like

I do not think Desmond invested in Celtic to make money.

1 Like

A lot of talk of Taylor signing. I don’t really rate him from what I’ve seen. I’d much rather us move for Meling. Didn’t realise Taylor had been on the books of Rangers as a kid either.

Kilmarnock apparently quoted £1mn to some second tier German side who enquired about him earlier in the summer, but want £3mn from Celtic. He pulled out of their game at the weekend citing a phantom injury. Celtic seem to be trying to offload Jack Hendry to them in part exchange.

Will Karamoko Dembele get much of a go this year? A similar young lad came on for Barca last night and looked the part

Is he any use?

1 Like

27 years old and can’t get into the stoke team.

They should have given him 24 as squad number.

3 Likes

Huzzah.

From what I saw of him the season Stoke got relegated he is decent and I don’t foresee many problems in signing him permanently should he go well. For whatever reason he is deemed surplus to requirements at Stoke.

1 Like

Hmmm. Not the sort of outlay I was looking for.

Still need another left back and a midfielder I think at a minimum.

Seems we have an option to buy. I’m now in favour of this signing.

2 Likes

No shame in that. The Championship is probably the third or fourth best league in the world and I’m confident he should be able to excel in a pub league.

I’d say it’s more Celtic wanting to assess him first. I don’t know the reason why he’s been frozen out at Stoke but I thought he was decent from what I saw.

He was linked with us last January I think.

1 Like

Yeah he was and think he was fairly highly rated before joining Stoke. Sometimes a horrible club like that will just make it difficult for someone to succeed.

2 Likes

They’ve had a couple of managers in who highly rate hammer throwers so I’d imagine that’s it.

I think his agent is his dad, Jack.

Celtic Celtic Celtic

The Bauer and Forster deals really came out of nowhere so we’re obviously trying to get our deals done discreetly.

I’d far rather Meling than Taylor who has never stood out for me when we’ve played Killie.

I’m not overly convinced by our centre halves but we have Simunovic, Ajer and Jullien there and Elhamed and Bitton who can fill in there if needs be so I don’t think it’s a priority in this window.

Midfield is likewise, I think we could do with a bit more quality there but we do have decent options and plenty of depth there domestically.

Left wing and left back are now the priorities before the window closes, I’ll despair if we sign Ibe or Bolasie on loan though.