☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

Strongly linked in Romania with the French guy who scored the brace for Cluj at Celtic Park. Didn’t think he was up to much if I’m honest, he looks more of a striker too rather than a wide man.

This looks to be bullshit but it looks certain that Taylor is our no 1 target for left back.

I’m extremely underwhelmed by that.

I thought Taylor looked decent enough. He’s only young and has decent experience.

Mohamed Elyounoussi coming in on loan seemingly. Be great if we had an option to buy but I doubt it. We tried to sign him before of course when he was at Molde.

What position does Mohamed play?

Taylor is distinctly average. You sell your best player for £25m. You replace him with a chap for £3m who turns out to be a bombscare. You then go around scrinping for another left back and settle with a bang average chap from Kilmarnock who your only competition is a League One side and you try and lowball them.

I’m struggling to comprehend how you continue to defend Celtic’s transfer policy.

As for that chap from Southampton, forget about it. NO MORE FUCKING LOANS.

Since we got knocked out of Europe we have signed two misfits on loan. We have £50m in the bank and a huge number of problem areas in the squad and Lawwell is there trying to avoid spending any money.

Cunt, cunt, cunt. He should be sacked for gross miscompetance.

He’s a left winger type who can also play centrally. An Oli Burke if you like.

I’d prefer we weren’t doing loans but I prefer loaning a guy to help us win the league rather than relying on Lewis Morgan off the bench.

I’d prefer we spent a bit of money (which we have loads of) on a quality signing rather than trying to plug gaps with EPL misfits.

We have know since the start of the window we need a left winger, we have left until the last minute to go around and check with every EPL club which misfit of theirs we can borrow for the season (Diabate, Bolasie, Ibe and now this chap). What’s the fucking point? NO FUCKING LOANS - fuck off with them. They do Celtic absolutely no good. What good did Patrick Roberts ever do Celtic? Just go with Johnston for the season if we aren’t going to address this position properly.

I repeat - we took £25m in for Tierney, we’ve spent about half of that and have loads of cash in the bank, why are we going around looking to borrow misfits on loan from other clubs.

A fucking disgrace.

No offence to the lad but he should back off to where he came from.

Three fucking loan signings after CL humiliation caused by years of under investment from that snake Lawwell.

Disgraceful

He’s not a misfit you moron. He’s a quality player who has done very well in his career so far and is a big addition to the team.

You’re obsessed with finances for some reason. I was perfectly happy with the contribution Roberts made when he was here. I’d rather that than making an accounting profit on some chap just because we owned him and were able to cash in on him.

1 with an option to buy at right back which looks like the right thing to do after Toljan last season who we would have been happy to buy outright but was hopeless. I approve.

1 as cover for our two senior keepers because of injuries and might be a longer term prospect depending on how the keeper situation works out. I approve.

1 impact player to contribute for the season and help push us towards a title and European football after Christmas. I approve.

It’s better than the Toljan, Burke, Weah shit show from January.

Listen moron, Southampton aren’t giving away important players to other clubs for a laugh. He’s not in their plans for this year, he’s a misfit. We’ll take him in, pay his ages, give him a few games and build up his market value a little bit for Southampton to flog at the end of the season.

You are beyond a joke at this stage. Lawwell will have a couple of 5 year old Chinese chaps lining out for us next season, we’ll be paying them less than Nike do and you’ll be on here defending him.

1 Like

3 loan signings.

The onus was on Celtic to spend money after that shambles at Cluj and they’ve taken the cheap option and you’re here, defending the indefensible yet again.

Was that what you were saying last January?

This is nothing to do with supporting Lawwell or not. It’s whether he’s a good addition to the squad objectively and he is.

Obviously ever player who signs for us has a reason why their club are letting them go.

If he helps us win the league I couldn’t give a shit whether Southampton think his value is gone up or not. Stop looking at everything through an EPL lens.

This is everything to do with supporting a man who continually cons the fans.

Celtic should not be dipping around in the loan market with loanees with the money they have. End of discussion.

The only thing that this move does is impact the progession of Johnston in a negative manner. Lawwll is happy to pimp Celtic out as some sort of prostitute for Southampton. We’re now gone from being a bitch for Man City to PSG to Southampton and you’re sitting there justifying that.

Yeah pretty much

You keep sweating about the comparisons with the EPL and I’ll just enjoy the football.