☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

What’s yere thoughts on this?

Gonna be very hard to keep him if a good offer comes in, bloody Arsenal though. Soft as fuck, mightn’t suit him.

I reckon they’d need to be offering around £30m for Celtic to accept it. Ex SPFL players like Van Dijk and Robertson winning the European Cup seems to have collectively emboldened Scottish teams in their transfer dealings, and they don’t want to be low balled by English sides any more.

I get that £15m is hardly insignificant, but when Crystal Palace are looking for £50m+ for a young full back then Celtic may as well dig in.

Tierney signed a 6-year deal around 18 months / 2 years ago and, as a Celtic fan, I expect he’d be fine with staying for another while as part of the push for 10 in a row. That said, a top 6 six EPL club could probably quadruple his wages.

3 Likes

Tierney is definitely 25-30mil he’ll prove to be worth more than that too if/when he goes South.

I’d say £45m would be about right. The good thing is KT is Celtic to the core and I hope we don’t sell him for any price.

He’s a far better defender than Robertson who just won the CL.

Turnbull deal OFF AGAIN.

:rofl:

His injury record will knock a fair few quid off his price, and the rumours are that he will always have problems. No doubt he is more talented than lads going for much bigger money though in England.

1 Like

We shouldn’t need to sell him for a knock down price. You get the likes of Van Dyke and Dembele haggling for moves away but not Tierney.

Serious? Jesus Christ.

No.

Just putting the shits up you, pal.

1 Like

I can see Arsenal persisting with this one and they’ll certainly have the money to make a deal possible. But hopefully that’s 25m plus anyway.

McGregor interest seems to be relatively genuine too. Tierney is a better player but not sure if McGregor would be a bigger loss. A competent left back wouldn’t cost the world (the chap at Rosenborg for example). But we’d find it harder maybe to get a decent playmaking midfielder.

If one was to leave I’d rather it was McGregor but I think that would leave a massive gap in our team. We certainly should be looking for huge money for either of them.

They’re both good players but Tierney is a level above. He is absolutely outstanding and would make it at any top club in Europe.

I can see what you’re saying but I’d say it’s to do with the fact that McGregor played 70 odd games last year and was Mr Consistency. I think you just need to look at our two performances at Ibrox minus Tierney last year to see what Tierney brings to the team.

1 Like

Yeah no question at all that Tierney is a level above. He’s also a better leader. McGregor has huge ability and is particularly useful because he’s an unusually technical player for Scotland. But he’s not as inspirational or driving an influence as he might be or could be.

I could see Tierney looking at Robertson getting a Champions League medal and wanting a taste of that but Arsenal isn’t the place for that obviously. Still it’s hard to see a huge offer being rejected.

I certainly don’t see Tierney forcing it through though. If he’s sold it will because the club want to sell him. And I think if it’s anything under £40m (considering it’s an EPL club) in today’s market then it’s an insult.

I say that with naivety that we would even reinvest 40% of the fee received.

I’d be amazed if anyone would part with £40 million for a player with an injury record like that, never mind from a league like Scotland.

KT never had a cruciate injury AFAIK.

He is 22 and has nearly 200 competitive appearances for Celtic.

1 Like

Think that reads worse than it looks, he’s a lot of games played for his age.

Days out is a ludicrous measurement that someone has invented to skew figures. I hope everyone considers him injury prone and he can continue playing 40+ games a season for Celtic.

85 days out with an ACL injury is the bionic man.

1 Like

Could be MCL