☘ Celtic transfer window summer 2019

Pretty routine injury really.

Or pcl

Nope.

He was only out for 8 weeks anyway. They’ve added the winter break to his injury absence! :joy:

I honestly can’t recall an ACL injury though. I think he might have fractured a metatarsal or something at some point but I don’t remember him ever doing his ACL?

He had a knee injury at the end of 2016. And had a shoulder operation at the same time to stop it dislocating I think. But not sure what sort of knee injury it was. Hardly that bad if it took 8 weeks to return.

Tomorrow’s papers say we’ve had a bid for Mckenna rejected (hoping that’s not true) and we’re competing with Man City to buy some lad from Ecuador (we’d do well to win that one).

1 Like

We were linked with some Ecuador u20 who plays as a defensive midfielder a few weeks back, he was involved in the U20 WC. We would have a better chance of a work permit though.

1 Like

That tweet is wrong, it was an ankle ligament injury that needed an operation and kept him out 3 months. I thought there was also a suggestion the hip injury he had last season is going to be problematic for the rest of his career? If he feels his body is starting to struggle he may well be looking to secure himself a big contract now while he can.

I doubt it.

That’s the price, pay it or leave it.

https://twitter.com/celticbible/status/1142549786643636225?s=21

Daily Record are reporting that contrary to what the Sun are saying, Celtic have not made a bid for McKenna. I’m happier with this version of events.

McKenna is not good enough and certainly not worth the fee mentioned.

The lack of defenders being targeted is a worry.

Hopefully it’s just a case of we don’t know who we are after yet. Lennon said this on Friday about centre backs:

“It’s a priority area we’re looking to strengthen, no question. And we have a number of options that we’re running with at the minute.”

The issue is we have known this for 6 months, we knew Boyata was off, we knew Benkovic was highly unlikely to return so the deals should have already been in place for the summer. Not only have we not any deals, it doesn’t even look like we have any solid targets. It is incompetence at the highest level.

That’s just guessing and highly unlikely to be true.

Does he seem to have hip problems ??

Well the first part is certainly true. We are back in pre season and no defender has arrived yet and it doesn’t look like we’ve made any moves for one despite the fact it should be a priority so the signs are pointing that way.

Things have also gone very quiet on the Connell front.

He’s made the squad for pre season tour in Austria (along with about 10 other youth players). A long way to go but that’s some sort of progress for him anyway.

1 Like

Linked with a Rapid Vienna left back.

Some reports that we’ve set a £25m price for Tierney and expect him to leave this summer.

1 Like